Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are all design specific mm radar systems. Nothing Tesla or few if any OEMs are using. The high res radar Tesla added to SX cars in 23 is for possible future AB testing to see if it adds value toward FSD or as before gives false signals creating issues. I would classify Teslas addition an experiment at this point which would add nothing for parking as its long range radar not mm.
Would be a great update if true https://x.com/Tesla/status/1732980835740242194?t=GcDaOXyUs5JNP2hPP7t8-g&s=01

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
There are so many things not working that people have paid a lot money for. It's why I removed enhanced autopilot from my order and will pay $100/month when I need it. Silliness...
Yeah, I'll subscribe to FSD at some point, but probably drop the subscription once the main code merges with FSD. Once the base AP is as good as FSD on the highway, I don't need to pay for FSD. Also, I want non FSD for a while to make sure I get the 2023.44 update that hides the damn half shaft vibration.

I prefer to experience FSD vicariously through the forums. When it's working I may try it.
Word. After reading about recent advancements, I decided to try it for the month of October. It's not for me yet. Around town, it's like driving with a tentative teenager - timing is just off. On the highway its lane change choices are not always smart, so it's not appreciably better than Autopilot. And the cake topper is that the nags (wheel & eye) go up significantly with FSD. So I'm out on it until it's better.