Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contractually, the "we may" doesn't align with the SA text of "system auto cancels". If "we will" was used then sure.
I don't think the may vs. will matters. The fact is if you fail to complete a requested action, according to the contract, they can cancel your order.

Plus, since I am texting questions back and interacting IMO I am responsive and progress is being made despite no VIN nor actual delivery date of ordered vehicle being offered yet.
But, it sounds like you are "fail[ing] to complete a requested action". Is that because you are trying to delay your order to get a 2024 VIN? (If so, I would say that falls under the bad faith clause as well.)

There's no "any distance" selection.
Your second link from tesla-info is the better link to support your argument.

Yea. The reason I initially didn't post that is that my awareness is based on the complaints in other threads about the current lack of S inventory rather than finding evidence. It was anecdotal but enough anecdotal tends of towards truth.

Ordered my MSLR (Ultra Red, Black interior, 19" wheels, reg. steering wheel) Nov. 18.
EDD hovered around 12/11-12/31 for a while. Now it's ticking down, with 12/31 staying as the latest estimate day. Currently 12/26-12/31.
Have a VIN, confirmed factory gated on 12/20. Just waiting for it to make it to the showroom I guess!
Was your VIN assigned today? Is it a 2023 model year? I ordered my car 2 days prior to you. No VIN yet. MSLR stealth/ cream 19” reg wheel.

Ordered my MSLR (Ultra Red, Black interior, 19" wheels, reg. steering wheel) Nov. 18.
EDD hovered around 12/11-12/31 for a while. Now it's ticking down, with 12/31 staying as the latest estimate day. Currently 12/26-12/31.
Have a VIN, confirmed factory gated on 12/20. Just waiting for it to make it to the showroom I guess!
Welcome..to the show that never ends.

Point of etiquette this time of year. Please confirm year model by stating the letter in front of "F" in the VIN, ie, PF...

Reactions: teko and zoomer0056
I don't think the may vs. will matters. The fact is if you fail to complete a requested action, according to the contract, they can cancel your order.

But, it sounds like you are "fail[ing] to complete a requested action". Is that because you are trying to delay your order to get a 2024 VIN? (If so, I would say that falls under the bad faith clause as well.)
I am starting to believe whomever is behind the Tesla number isn't a person like an SA as I assumed but is a group of people like a contact center. It's implied in this latest exchange.

The story changed a few more IMs later today. The latest IM exchange softens and aligns with what I was told at a showroom back in late Nov.

Vexing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231226_171356_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226_171356_Messages.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 30
This is 2023 model year 100%, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for end of year numbers. There has been no reports of 2024 model year being shipped or made so far so its highly unlikely they will start now.

Given a sufficient discount, and no real confirmed changes on a '24, there will be buyers for these orphan '23 cars.

I wonder if enough order holders told the Store, 'I'd take a '23 for xxxx off the price" if that would float up the chain and become reality.

If Tesla wants to make delivery numbers, need to throw folks a bone.

This is 2023 model year 100%, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for end of year numbers. There has been no reports of 2024 model year being shipped or made so far so its highly unlikely they will start now.
My order remains Jan 28 - Mar 10. Projecting a month from now when we're standing squarely in late Jan or Feb 2024, it would be very hard for Tesla to defend 2023 model years at that point - it will make sense to no one. If they still have 2023 stock at that point, I forecast they will not be moving those unless it's at a clearance discount. Are they allowed to sell new 2023's in 2024 by law? Sure. Will it make sense to the market of customers if that's all they have to sell? Absolutely not, and the Tesla-hating media would have a field day with it. We'll see.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
why does it make it more likely to be a 2023 VIN after they delayed your EDD?
EDIT: Oh pardon me, I didnt see that they made your delivery date sooner, not later

Reactions: zoomer0056
My order remains Jan 28 - Mar 10. Projecting a month from now when we're standing squarely in late Jan or Feb 2024, it would be very hard for Tesla to defend 2023 model years at that point - it will make sense to no one. If they still have 2023 stock at that point, I forecast they will not be moving those unless it's at a clearance discount. Are they allowed to sell new 2023's in 2024 by law? Sure. Will it make sense to the market of customers if that's all they have to sell? Absolutely not, and the Tesla-hating media would have a field day with it. We'll see.
Right? Imagine delivering 2023 cars that far out

Reactions: zoomer0056
While this is the Model S Delivery thread, I thought I'd post another 2023/24 data point.

A friend picked up a Model X LR yesterday in Texas, with December production listed on the Monroney label and the driver's door jamb VIN plate. The VIN has "PF" so it would appear to be another 2023 Model Year MX, despite the production date.

Which is certainly different than previous years and every other brand, but such is Tesla!

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne
I agree. I had a ‘23 VIN with a delivery window of 12/23-12/31. I requested a “delivery hold” for 2 weeks due to being out of State and they only approved 1 week with a cancellation of order warning. The VIN was released and now waiting until 1/1/24 for a new delivery date(s) and VIN.