Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The S doesn't have a $7500 rebate like the X, and the X rebate isn't going away at the end of December like it is on other models. Plus most, who are buying the X don't qualify for the rebate as most will blow the income cap.

BTW, I guess another strategy is to potentially sacrifice ordering fees. i.e order on Dec 31st and if buy the time Feb rolls around, if they haven't raised the price and the camara/center horn button haven't appeared, place another order and lose the $250 on the first order.
Right. Someone suggested that Tesla doesn't want to price the S above the X, and keeping the X at $79k keeps the credit. So, that may motivate them to keep the S at $79k as well. But, we're all guessing. I thought the US price increase would follow soon after the Canadian price increase, so I ordered Nov 10. I did catch the last of the $250 referral credit, but that's about the only change.

If I get a '23 VIN, I'll cancel and reorder. But, I am not holding out for any other updates. We have no idea if or when they will arrive. Also, I don't have any car right now, so I can't wait forever.... 😅

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and teko
We might get 2024 VINs but my theory is that there are no major enhancements in the work for MS. They simply have too much inventory of new and demo MS. They will hope that some people in line will give up and buy those so why not wait a few weeks to begin production?

Inventory levels of S/X are far lower than typical, not higher. There are exactly 6 new/demo MSP URs in the entire US currently and none are discounted.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Sorry, thought you said “that’s 6 in the Entire country, Period.”. Maybe you meant something different…

I did but just MSP URs. However, as I mentioned right after that, their inventory filter appears to not show everything even if you select any distance because they only show what they'll deliver to that address.

That's why posted the graph showing ALL new S inventory for the entire country (370 something of them) which is very low historically. You can see from the graph just how quickly the inventory dropped which is why there are multiple recent threads about lack of S refresh inventory.

I did but just MSP URs. However, as I mentioned right after that, their inventory filter appears to not show everything even if you select any distance because they only show what they'll deliver to that address.
There's no "any distance" selection.
1000025964.jpg

Your second link from tesla-info is the better link to support your argument.

Last edited:
I don’t think it makes any difference. I just rejected my trade in offer. Will post here if that changes the date.
After another SA nag text to accept the trade-in this morning I received a new text saying "...you still have to complete your tasks before the system auto cancels your order."

Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (v. 20220915 en_US) cites cancellation at 14 days of first notification attempt as written under "Delivery". This text warning of a system based auto cancel is asinine and does not align with signed legalities imo.

Ordered 11/28. On second EDD of Dec 30 - 31 with no VIN.

19" Ultra Red Plaid with Carbon/Cream and steering wheel. FUSC transfer offer applied.

Thoughts?

After another SA nag text to accept the trade-in this morning I received a new text saying "...you still have to complete your tasks before the system auto cancels your order."

Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (v. 20220915 en_US) cites cancellation at 14 days of first notification attempt as written under "Delivery". This text warning of a system based auto cancel is asinine and does not align with signed legalities imo.
Maybe you didn't read the rest of the agreement?

If you become unresponsive to us or fail to complete a requested action to progress towards delivery of your Vehicle, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee.

1703603392917.png

Reactions: Yelobird
Maybe you didn't read the rest of the agreement?

View attachment 1003094
I did.

Contractually, the "we may" doesn't align with the SA text of "system auto cancels". If "we will" was used then sure.

Plus, since I am texting questions back and interacting IMO I am responsive and progress is being made despite no VIN nor actual delivery date of ordered vehicle being offered yet.

The 14 day language seemed to be the only absolute language used in the agreement.