Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per comments it pulls up the cameras on the screen. So not dashcam, but just engage camera view (rear and repeater) on screen.

Wish they would show pillar camera.
Seems like that would be more useful if there was an actual front camera.

For retrofit purposes, I wonder if there's anything actually different with the new airbag beyond the horn symbol.

Reactions: dsm363 and teko
Copium, but maybe model S will get a bigger update than the X, since we havent seen any 2024 yet.... :(
Probably not. In that latest drone footage of Fremont factory there were absolutely tons of both X's and S's sitting around, not only in the normal outbound lot, but in other areas too. I think we'll be seeing similar pictures of the '24 S shortly. Again, consistent with history, I think it's strategically not smart to tie major changes to model years if you don't want consumers waiting for model year changeovers.

Reactions: tofel and teko
For me, the only thing that would annoy me is if the Plaid gets a power bump into the 1200's with a $10K-$25K price tag increase because I certainly would have waited for and purchased that. I believe the 3 motors are good for 1400hp with a different battery of course.

I'll be less annoyed if it shows up in 2025.

For me, the only thing that would annoy me is if the Plaid gets a power bump into the 1200's with a $10K-$25K price tag increase because I certainly would have waited for and purchased that. I believe the 3 motors are good for 1400hp with a different battery of course.

Exactly. I'd be down for that of course. But, that's a big change. Not sure how they'd do that with the existing battery without major changes to the body.

Reactions: dsm363

Exactly. I'd be down for that of course. But, that's a big change. Not sure how they'd do that with the existing battery without major changes to the body.
I'm with you and I've always been a "more power is better" car guy, but I think we're approaching a physical boundary, mostly due to the traction limitations of AWD. The 1200HP/1400TQ Sapphire is not really faster. The 0-60 run in 1,020HP Plaid is a medical event now for a lot of people. Drag racers will always look for the next tenth, but it's hard to make the case for much more than 1,000 HP in street cars.

Reactions: dsm363
I with you and I've always been a "more power is better" car guy, but I think we're approaching a physical boundary, mostly due to the traction limitations of AWD. The 1200HP/1400TQ Sapphire is not really faster. The 0-60 run in 1,020HP Plaid is a medical event now for a lot of people. Drag racers will always look for the next tenth, but it's hard to make the case for much more than 1,000 HP in street cars.
I think the Plaid vs Sapphire example is clear proof that there's a lot more to it than just the number. Putting it down intelligently is where the arts and sciences converge. Just look at what Porsche is able to do with the turbo S. Comparatively, it has average power to weight ratio, however, a lot more of its power is actually getting transferred to the pavement.

The Rimac Nevera is also proof that more power = both a quicker and faster car if you can put the power down.

Reactions: dn325ci
I'm with you and I've always been a "more power is better" car guy, but I think we're approaching a physical boundary, mostly due to the traction limitations of AWD. The 1200HP/1400TQ Sapphire is not really faster. The 0-60 run in 1,020HP Plaid is a medical event now for a lot of people. Drag racers will always look for the next tenth, but it's hard to make the case for much more than 1,000 HP in street cars.
The 0-60 won't improve with more power, since it is already traction / torque limited. But, the 60+ mph acceleration would improve. That's where it switches to being battery limited, rather than motor / traction limited.

Reactions: sorka and dn325ci

I patiently waited for Tesla to change course again and re-issue the "Plaid Plus" after I gave up on Roadster v2 and requested my deposit back. My last real hope for re-issue was the Lucid Sapphire specs being reported on being a cause for Musk level action.

Nope.

I patiently waited for Tesla to change course again and re-issue the "Plaid Plus" after I gave up on Roadster v2 and requested my deposit back. My last real hope for re-issue was the Lucid Sapphire specs being reported on being a cause for Musk level action.

Nope.
Well, a long time ago I got off the hype train and got a LR, AKA, Plaid Minus.

I wonder if the center horn is something that can be retrofitted.

Any one look at the parts manual?