Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that they haven't done that means they don't really care. They build cars and assign them to people. They move them around if people change or cancel their orders. Or they just ship them anyway and they sit at SCs.

The good news is they have started to discount the '23 Plaids. If they get to $5k discount and there are no changes to the '24s, I'll bite and take a '23.
I would too, where are you seeing discounts? When you order?

Here's an interesting conundrum: a discounted '23 MSP "New Vehicle" is inbound to my SC. It is the same spec I ordered, except the interior is black instead of white/black. The discount is presently 2,700. So the actual cost of my white interior (and presumably a '24 VIN) is now 4,700. Hm.

Here's an interesting conundrum: a discounted '23 MSP "New Vehicle" is inbound to my SC. It is the same spec I ordered, except the interior is black instead of white/black. The discount is presently 2,700. So the actual cost of my white interior (and presumably a '24 VIN) is now 4,700. Hm.
Personally at this price point, I am not compromising. I want what I want and I am willing to wait and pay extra if necessary to get it.

Same. There's a '23 MSP with my exact configuration inbound to my SC. It's likely the car I ordered and cancelled in December. Also discounted by $2700. I'll give it a few days and see if the discount goes up.

Reactions: dn325ci
Personally at this price point, I am not compromising. I want what I want and I am willing to wait and pay extra if necessary to get it.
Yeah, depends what we see on the '24s. If it is the exact same car, then screw it, I'll take a '23 for a $5k discount. That's what I think the model year difference is worth after three years. If there are updates, then I'll stick with the '24.

Yeah, depends what we see on the '24s. If it is the exact same car, then screw it, I'll take a '23 for a $5k discount. That's what I think the model year difference is worth after three years. If there are updates, then I'll stick with the '24.
I meant more on color combo side. I'd take Ultra Red, Grey or Black but it has to be Cream interior with 19" tires. If I can get that combo now for $5k discount I'd take it. Who knows if the first builds of '24 will have any updates. Might.

Reactions: n2mb_racing

I meant more on color combo side. I'd take Ultra Red, Grey or Black but it has to be Cream interior with 19" tires. If I can get that combo now for $5k discount I'd take it. Who knows if the first builds of '24 will have any updates. Might.
I do think, by the way, that strategically Tesla should not be making '24 model year changes right now. They've firmly built the paradigm that product updates are independent of model years, and anything they do right now to change from that will just drive more people to wait for model year changeovers, which works against their big end-of-year efforts to move product. So my wager is on "no change" beyond the '24 efficiency ratings they had to implement.

Oh yeah. Definitely. Agree on that.
The '23 at my SC matches my configuration exactly, so that's why I'm even considering it.

Reactions: teko
It would be just like Tesla to include a bunch of features (Center horn say) a month or two after the '24's arrive.
Exactly - I think Tesla has a history of spring introductions of features. It'd be nice to have a history of all the changes made since the '21 MS refresh and when they came out. The sweet spot of course is to order at the right time to capture the old pricing and new features.

Reactions: teko
Exactly - I think Tesla has a history of spring introductions of features. It'd be nice to have a history of all the changes made since the '21 MS refresh and when they came out. The sweet spot of course is to order at the right time to capture the old pricing and new features.
Here is one source for history of MS changes:

• Informative
Reactions: dn325ci and teko
I do think, by the way, that strategically Tesla should not be making '24 model year changes right now. They've firmly built the paradigm that product updates are independent of model years, and anything they do right now to change from that will just drive more people to wait for model year changeovers, which works against their big end-of-year efforts to move product. So my wager is on "no change" beyond the '24 efficiency ratings they had to implement.
It would mean ‘Tesla is postponing some changes until Feb/March’. People will just learn to wait +2-3 months. Correct strategy will be to really ignore the model years, which will be visible to us as some model years having some changes, and some are not.

Posted on Reddit: apparent horn wheel on an X that has an "RF" VIN.

Caption reads: "Mechanical horn, no interior ambient lighting, no front camera."

1705090068165.png