Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is pretty wild that you keep getting VINs. I've been checking "all deliverable" MSP inventory and the count has been at 11 for several weeks. Looks like no one is buying those even with the discount. I assume one of those cars is has your VIN.
Tesla.com won't show cars that are too far away. Sites like https://ev-cpo.com/ can show all the available new cars.

The Nevera gets to 60 in 1.74 seconds with about 800 more HP and 300lbs of additional curb weight. Using some fuzzy Biden math, if all engineers were equal, the Model S could technically do a 1.85 0-60 without the 1ft rollout with an extra 400hp.

I know for a fact that there's nowhere near 1000hp being put out during a Plaid launch. It can't put the power down no matter what surface you're on, so they can probably improve 0-60 today without adding more power - so yes, I agree that more power would be useless given its current design but the schlong contest on the street is what matters here :D
Acceleration is a function of torque, not horsepower. Torque is related to how fast the motor can ramp up its power. Of course the car is not putting out its full power during a launch. Once the car reaches its maxim power output, the car cannot go any faster, as all power output is being used to compensate friction and drag.

Maybe there are two of them? Yes, MSP Red/black/ 19s/ wheel. I saw that car in inventory that exactly matched my configuration, but I saw it in inventory this weekend, after I was already assigned a VIN. And I saw it was on it's way to Charlotte now, instead of Raliegh. I'm near Raleigh. It's out of inventory now. We'll see if it pops back after mine gets released. It's supposed to get released today at 5pm since I didn't schedule a delivery.

I texted them to say that I saw there are discounts of 3% now on '23s and offered to accept the car for a $5k discount or with free EAP. But, that since I ordered in 2024, I would not accept a 2023 with no discount. They just said thanks for being a member of the Tesla family and we're closing this ticket.

:rolleyes:
It’s Crazy that the keep trying to deliver you the car you ordered. Just nuts….. lol

It does not look like they reved up the production this morning, I think script runs at 6AM PT. That might mean they'll bleed inventory some more. At the rate they are going, that might be 4 weeks or more...
My SA said I am expected to be matched with vehicle in first part of February. My delivery window is Feb 2- March 15th. Then probably 2 week delivery to KC.

• Informative
Reactions: teko
Acceleration is a function of torque, not horsepower. Torque is related to how fast the motor can ramp up its power. Of course the car is not putting out its full power during a launch. Once the car reaches its maxim power output, the car cannot go any faster, as all power output is being used to compensate friction and drag.
Would you like me to adjust my statement to lbs ft for you? Here ya go...

The Nevera gets to 60 in 1.74 seconds with about 800 more HP TQ and 300lbs of additional curb weight. Using some fuzzy Biden math, if all engineers were equal, the Model S could technically do a 1.85 0-60 without the 1ft rollout with an extra 400hp tq.

I know for a fact that there's nowhere near 1000hp tq being put out during a Plaid launch. It can't put the power torque down no matter what surface you're on, so they can probably improve 0-60 today without adding more power torque - so yes, I agree that more power torque would be useless given its current design but the schlong contest on the street is what matters here :D

Thanks for the physics lesson though :p

Actually, no. The Plaid reaches maximum battery power at about 60 MPH, but it continues to accelerate until about 216 mph, when drag equals the power output of the motors (which probably drops a little bit as well).

The straight line portion of the graph below 60 mph is where the car is torque / traction limited. If the Plaid battery could output more power, it's likely that straight line could continue to a higher speed, at least until the motor max temperature is exceeded.

So, a higher output battery could reduce the 60 - ~150 mph acceleration time, improving the quarter mile time. It probably wouldn't help with 0-60 mph.

1705351730401.png

The peak power will go down with SOC. The battery output is likely limited to be a fixed number of amps. As the battery voltage drops, the output kW drops.
Right. I recall the Drag Times video from a couple years ago when Brooks tested a Plaid at 20% (I think) and it still ran in the middle-high 9's as I recall. I've not seen a published curve for power vs charge for the Plaid.

Actually, no. The Plaid reaches maximum battery power at about 60 MPH, but it continues to accelerate until about 216 mph, when drag equals the power output of the motors (which probably drops a little bit as well).

The straight line portion of the graph below 60 mph is where the car is torque / traction limited. If the Plaid battery could output more power, it's likely that straight line could continue to a higher speed, at least until the motor max temperature is exceeded.

So, a higher output battery could reduce the 60 - ~150 mph acceleration time, improving the quarter mile time. It probably wouldn't help with 0-60 mph.

View attachment 1009180
All this info makes me feel like I'm taking over a car that's a lot more powerful than I realize. I thought I was taking possession of a Tie Fighter but in actuality I'm getting a Millenium Falcon but in mint condition.

Reactions: Deisic
The inventory cars have a 3% discount.
Who shut you down on asking? I guess I have answer envy as I am getting no response via app or text. Is Tesla open on MLK? Unsure. Trying to figure out who has authority to make concessions.

My proposal was: If I cancel, Tesla will be marking this MSP down 3% like other inventory, or more as time goes by and 2024s begin to deliver. Why not pass the same 3% discount or by way of equivalent Tesla merchandise credit (such as tires, charger, etc) or feature (such as EA/FSD, etc) for this transaction and deliver this vehicle this week?

Crickets since Sunday regarding a reply when the bot hit me up for taking delivery early.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
All this info makes me feel like I'm taking over a car that's a lot more powerful than I realize. I thought I was taking possession of a Tie Fighter but in actuality I'm getting a Millenium Falcon but in mint condition.
I've driven and tuned a number of high power turbo vehicles (Supra, Mopar, LS). The Plaid puts power down like nothing I've ever experienced, so this is definitely more than you realize lol. It's far too much for the street but holy sht is it fun.

Trying to figure out who has authority to make concessions.

This is the crux of the issue I think. Basically nobody does. Everything I’ve seen from this company in the past several years indicates that essentially all meaningful decision power is concentrated at the top. Management at individual locations or even the regional level seem to have almost no influence over pricing decisions or other concessions.

Got this message automatically.

"Tesla Delivery: Your Model S order was placed on hold. If this hold is not removed in the next 14 days, your order will be canceled."

Now the '23 shows back in inventory at Raleigh with a 3% discount. They didn't even offer me the same 3% discount. I'll hope someone buys it or they increase the discount.

We continue the waiting game for a 2024...