Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Nevera gets to 60 in 1.74 seconds with about 800 more HP and 300lbs of additional curb weight. Using some fuzzy Biden math, if all engineers were equal, the Model S could technically do a 1.85 0-60 without the 1ft rollout with an extra 400hp.

I know for a fact that there's nowhere near 1000hp being put out during a Plaid launch. It can't put the power down no matter what surface you're on, so they can probably improve 0-60 today without adding more power - so yes, I agree that more power would be useless given its current design but the schlong contest on the street is what matters here :D
I would love to see someone unlock the torque in the plaid and do a 0-60 and quarter mile with four slicks on a track. I saw someone working on it and they snapped the axles.

I don't remember it. I had a 2016 model S for two years. But I'm also average height. 🤷
Yes, I guess it is all about the relationship between driver height, seat position and the screen / wheel positions. It's a problem for me. And I can't get the wheel and seat in a position where I can touch the screen without leaning forward. Annoying. But I still want the new S!!

Nice. I knew I should have placed an order in late November. It was still showing Nov-Dec delivery which counted for Supercharging transfer. Oh well.

Hopefully you get some of the new features.
Ordered 11/28 which was the last day the EDD range was all within 2023 which I though was required for the supercharging transfer promotion. I do see the supercharging transfer in my order "paperwork." I was assigned the "last 2023" ultra red with creme, 19" MSP with a build date of 12/28. If I can navigate the recent 3% discount applied to all MS/MSP new inventory last week I will probably have it by this weekend before the next snowstorm.

But others here were abit more clever when they ordered and apparently received the supercharging transfer with only the start of the EDD in 2023. From what I can tell from forum chatter, they haven't been assigned VINs yet. Jealous.

Reactions: dsm363
Haha. Who here has an order that predates my oct 12?
Strange. How have I gotten so many VINs already?
I had an order on Nov 10 that got assigned a VIN Dec 1. Put it on hold, got another '23 vin Dec 28. Cancelled.
Placed another order Jan 1. Got the same '23 VIN on 1/13. Order will be automatically going on hold today since I haven't responded. We'll see if I get a '23 VIN four times in a row....

I had an order on Nov 10 that got assigned a VIN Dec 1. Put it on hold, got another '23 vin Dec 28. Cancelled.
Placed another order Jan 1. Got the same '23 VIN on 1/13. Order will be automatically going on hold today since I haven't responded. We'll see if I get a '23 VIN four times in a row....
The Canada queue is completely different and runs considerably longer. Apples and oranges.

That is pretty wild that you keep getting VINs. I've been checking "all deliverable" MSP inventory and the count has been at 11 for several weeks. Looks like no one is buying those even with the discount. I assume one of those cars is has your VIN.

That is pretty wild that you keep getting VINs. I've been checking "all deliverable" MSP inventory and the count has been at 11 for several weeks. Looks like no one is buying those even with the discount. I assume one of those cars is has your VIN.
The US Model S inventory is inching down slowly. Only down 4 cars yesterday and 7 the day before. Only 159 left! (joke - they won't drive it to zero). I had predicted we'd see some '24 Model S VINs in 3rd week of Jan, so this week. I guess we'll see.

1705338314370.png

You're near me, looks like your car (MSP Red/black/wheel I think?) that has been showing deliverable was removed today. It looks like it keeps getting pulled off whenever you go back in a hold and I only see it when it gets re-assigned to you. Wonder if you're just stuck with it until someone else buys it.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
You're near me, looks like your car (MSP Red/black/wheel I think?) that has been showing deliverable was removed today. It looks like it keeps getting pulled off whenever you go back in a hold and I only see it when it gets re-assigned to you. Wonder if you're just stuck with it until someone else buys it.
Maybe there are two of them? Yes, MSP Red/black/ 19s/ wheel. I saw that car in inventory that exactly matched my configuration, but I saw it in inventory this weekend, after I was already assigned a VIN. And I saw it was on it's way to Charlotte now, instead of Raliegh. I'm near Raleigh. It's out of inventory now. We'll see if it pops back after mine gets released. It's supposed to get released today at 5pm since I didn't schedule a delivery.

I texted them to say that I saw there are discounts of 3% now on '23s and offered to accept the car for a $5k discount or with free EAP. But, that since I ordered in 2024, I would not accept a 2023 with no discount. They just said thanks for being a member of the Tesla family and we're closing this ticket.

:rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot