Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I just got a call back from a Tesla SA.

If I believe the Seldom Accurate person, they say the '24 MS will be shipping in about 14 days to first week of Feb.

AND,

They will have real RGB ambient lighting and center horn.

Radar, probably not.

But still, that might be enough to give up FUSC and have a newer car.

The radar is already there so it's software update, not an assembly update.

If I believe the Seldom Accurate person, they say the '24 MS will be shipping in about 14 days to first week of Feb.

AND,

Radar, probably not.

They can keep the ambient lighting. I think it looks tacky personally. Ambient lighting should be... ambient. You shouldn't be able to see the actual LED.

Forgot to mention, SA said there would be discounts for '23 models soon. Again, take that with a large rock of NaCl.
How did you learn the contact information for your SA?

All I have is a couple phone numbers that were used to text me and the app where I swear its a game of trying to be worse than Tesla Solar regarding customer service played by several anonymous agents.

I have asked directly twice and no bueno.

I tried calling a delivery center and similar bad luck today. But each Chicago news outlet had bad Tesla news as people using public charging weren't charging here in Chicagoland due to cold temps. Towing to Tesla appeared popular; assuming this had their attention.

How did you learn the contact information for your SA?

All I have is a couple phone numbers that were used to text me and the app where I swear its a game of trying to be worse than Tesla Solar regarding customer service played by several anonymous agents.

I have asked directly twice and no bueno.

I tried calling a delivery center and similar bad luck today. But each Chicago news outlet had bad Tesla news as people using public charging weren't charging here in Chicagoland due to cold temps. Towing to Tesla appeared popular; assuming this had their attention.

Physics and Chemistry are UNACCEPTABLE. I demand to speak to the manager!!

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne and teko

AND,

Radar, probably not.

Makes little sense why the '24 MX didn't get Real ambient lighting.. unless it's the typical Tesla trying to prove their point that they constantly roll out changes.. or that changes don't line up "exactly" with model year.

Makes little sense why the '24 MX didn't get Real ambient lighting.. unless it's the typical Tesla trying to prove their point that they constantly roll out changes.. or that changes don't line up "exactly" with model year.
It doesn’t look like the MX production line took any time off between 23-24 thus only steering wheel change.

It appears now that the MS production line is taking about a 4 week break in production. If no changes are being made to the MS why the long break in production?

I’m fine either way and will be happy to get my 24 VIN with no changes but the horn. Anything extra will just be icing on the cake!

It doesn’t look like the MX production line took any time off between 23-24 thus only steering wheel change.

It appears now that the MS production line is taking about a 4 week break in production. If no changes are being made to the MS why the long break in production?

I’m fine either way and will be happy to get my 24 VIN with no changes but the horn. Anything extra will just be icing on the cake!
Not sure how you arrived at 4 weeks. In the January 11th flyover of Fremont Factory there were a large number of recently assembled S and X awaiting shipment. Additionally, there were MS built at the end of 2023 with build dates reported around December 27th. So if anything it was about 2 weeks.

A change in MS ambient lighting independent of MX doesn't seem to make sense since the dashboards have been the same, but we'll see.

EDIT: the RGB ambient lighting is a long-standing rumor since greentheonly reported it in code in October. After 3 months of talking about it, maybe this SA is just spouting off what is a widely-believed rumor, which will probably come to pass at some point.

Last edited:
Not sure how you arrived at 4 weeks. In the January 11th flyover of Fremont Factory there were a large number of recently assembled S and X awaiting shipment. Additionally, there were MS built at the end of 2023 with build dates reported around December 27th. So if anything it was about 2 weeks.

A change in MS ambient lighting independent of MX doesn't seem to make sense since the dashboards have been the same, but we'll see.

EDIT: the RGB ambient lighting is a long-standing rumor since greentheonly reported it in code in October. After 3 months of talking about it, maybe this SA is just spouting off what is a widely-believed rumor, which will probably come to pass at some point.

AND,

Radar, probably not.

I'm going with the info that Aerodyne provided, that no shipping or VIN assignments until the very end of Jan or start of Feb. All of those MS in the Fremont lot could have been 23's for all we know. Lots to dissect here with a 4 week hold on deliveries/VIN assignments and lot full of MS in Fremont being 23 or 24?, MXs didn't get this hold and why?

Reactions: aerodyne

There isn't a Model X production line and a Model S production line. There is a single line that produces both the Model X and Model S.

I waited until 8 pm on 12/31 to place my order so I could delay as long as possible and still capitalize on the $1,000 off offer for being on the Cybertruck list. Nowhere during the order process did the $1,000 discount show up. I inquired in the app and was told it would be applied at delivery.

Now it says my order was placed on 1/1/24, not on 12/31/23. Has anyone else seen this? Wondering if it will create an issue.