Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla buyers are only group of buyers I've ever seen buy a car based entirely on speculation of a change, and then complain when that change doesn't occur - if you want certain options/features on your car, buy the car when those options/features appear in new deliveries

every new Tesla should come with a guided meditation course in mindfulness on appreciating the present

Tesla buyers are only group of buyers I've ever seen buy a car based entirely on speculation of a change, and then complain when that change doesn't occur - if you want certain options/features on your car, buy the car when those options/features appear in new deliveries

every new Tesla should come with a guided meditation course in mindfulness on appreciating the present
Present is for chumps, without an eye on the future we will never get to Mars!

Tesla needs to up their game for Plaid. Plaid should include the track package (minus the idiotic race tires) or shouldn't exist. 0-60 in 2 seconds is of little value and nothing more than a party trick relative to base Model S. Makes me angry. They should treat Plaid models similar to how Porsche treats GT models.

Yup. They should raise the base MSRP back up to $110K for the MSP and include the track pack for everyone...even those that don't need it
:cool:

Yup. They should raise the base MSRP back up to $110K for the MSP and include the track pack for everyone...even those that don't need it
:cool:
Keep that optional (though the stock brakes should have at least thicker rotors). But I do wish Tesla gave the Plaid some actual suspension changes like BMW M, Mercedes AMG etc (though I haven't driven an MSLR to say whether or not they tweaked the suspension in software relative to that model at all).

Keep that optional (though the stock brakes should have at least thicker rotors). But I do wish Tesla gave the Plaid some actual suspension changes like BMW M, Mercedes AMG etc (though I haven't driven an MSLR to say whether or not they tweaked the suspension in software relative to that model at all).
Or special seats/seatbelts the Plaid should feel special on the inside. The carbon fiber isn't enough IMO

Your logic is not welcome here.

I can definitely say that track mode on the plaid makes the suspension feel very different than the MSLR. Although it's only software.

At least now it seems they fixed the suspension software and there is also a real difference between sport and comfort. When the refresh first launched that slider really didn't do anything....

Reactions: WilliamG
I can definitely say that track mode on the plaid makes the suspension feel very different than the MSLR. Although it's only software.

At least now it seems they fixed the suspension software and there is also a real difference between sport and comfort. When the refresh first launched that slider really didn't do anything....
Track mode is annoying to use for day to day driving though. Sounds like the suspension settings are otherwise identical between the LR and Plaid?

All things considered I think it handles pretty well for what it is despite the reputation. But I do wish we could access those more aggressive suspension settings when driving through some twisties.

Reactions: Carolina Karl

Really true. Track Mode is insanity. A completely different car.

Reactions: n2mb_racing