Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I search for all 2021 MSPs within 500 miles of the Bay Area, 18 come up. The lowest priced one is $68K with 51K miles. The prices go up from there up to $95K for one that has 26K miles.

Based on every single one of these 18 Plaids, buying new is no brainer by comparison.

So please share some links of Plaids in the high 50s? If it's just one or two, they're outliers and there's something wrong with them.
That's kinda the problem you need to go further than 500 Miles. Go nationwide and you'll see more deals. You'd have to be willing to fly and see the car in person and ship it to you and purchase sight unseen

Damn. All you people talking about buying used makes me want to sell my 2021 LR S (November, literally a week before 2022) with 17,000 miles.
wait why? you have a perfectly good car lol unless you wanna get the newer one. I'm only talking about used because of the order delivery delays, and most of the plaids out there are on discount in my opinion for 5-15k and slightly used and you wont have to wait

When I search for all 2021 MSPs within 500 miles of the Bay Area, 18 come up. The lowest priced one is $68K with 51K miles. The prices go up from there up to $95K for one that has 26K miles.

Based on every single one of these 18 Plaids, buying new is no brainer by comparison.

So please share some links of Plaids in the high 50s? If it's just one or two, they're outliers and there's something wrong with them.

You must be looking at Tesla.com which has terrible pricing. There are a few in the $50s, but that is likely the market rate for the mileage. I think a Plaid in the low $60s is a great deal and worth it. A new Plaid is $90k+taxes/fees.

Where? I’m nationwide searching on cargugurus and this is the ONLY one with a 5 at the beginning, it also has wood interior trim that someone swapped in
Some Plaids have wood interior from the factory.

That's kinda the problem you need to go further than 500 Miles. Go nationwide and you'll see more deals. You'd have to be willing to fly and see the car in person and ship it to you and purchase sight unseen

I will never do that again. Once to Florida and once to Colorado. Both disasters. Both vehicles completely NOT what was represented in the listings.
And that is the real problem. By picking the absolute least expensive examples nationwide rather than just regionally, your picking the worst of the worst outliers.

Reactions: Propofoln
I will never do that again. Once to Florida and once to Colorado. Both disasters. Both vehicles completely NOT what was represented in the listings.
And that is the real problem. By picking the absolute least expensive examples nationwide rather than just regionally, your picking the worst of the worst outliers.
Lmao well damn you got some bad luck. The cars I've gotten out of state sight unseen have been fine all higher end too(MB S 550, Audi RS7 and now this Tesla P100D) If you purchase a PPI you shouldn't have issues IMO and I also wouldn't choose the absolute least. I would really look at the dealers ratings and reviews first, then get a PPI if it's too far. Like I said I haven't had any problems with out of state purchases. Maybe I have good luck but 10-15k miles on a newer 2022-2023 I dont know if a lot can really go wrong in that short of time.

You must be looking at Tesla.com which has terrible pricing. There are a few in the $50s, but that is likely the market rate for the mileage. I think a Plaid in the low $60s is a great deal and worth it. A new Plaid is $90k+taxes/fees.

The other nice thing about going used is that a lot of the used Plaids have FSD. I think that sweetens the deal. I think FSD is worth at least $5k to me. The downside is you have to contact the seller and ask for a photo of the software screen. They almost never include it, or they crop out the FSD info. It's really annoying.

I've also been looking at used model 3 performance cars and almost none of them have FSD.

Reactions: VikH

I was looking on AutoTrader and Craigs list.

The first link is not even a thing. Did you see the rubber band after market wheels on that one? It most likely has lots of other issues.

Second link doesn't work.

The fourth and fifth link isn't in the 50s at $66K.

The third link looks like it might be legitimate but if that is is the lowest in the entire country, then it's an outlier and I'd be very concerned its pricing is due to something not being disclosed. But even that one at $63K is not high 50s.

Lmao well damn you got some bad luck. The cars I've gotten out of state sight unseen have been fine all higher end too(MB S 550, Audi RS7 and now this Tesla P100D) If you purchase a PPI you shouldn't have issues IMO and I also wouldn't choose the absolute least. I would really look at the dealers ratings and reviews first, then get a PPI if it's too far. Like I said I haven't had any problems with out of state purchases. Maybe I have good luck but 10-15k miles on a newer 2022-2023 I dont know if a lot can really go wrong in that short of time.

Not just bad luck, but photos that were photoshopped to hide issues and lots of mechanical issues.

No, I mean, what companies will do a pre purchase inspection? And know enough about Tesla to do it right?
I mean there's a few companies within any area that you purchase that can probably do it local to whatever dealership you buy from. I've only gotten a PPI twice one on Oklahoma but that was for an Rs7, I live in NY. Then in Indiana for my P100D purchase. Don't remember the names offhand because this was last year. As far as knowing enough about Tesla to do it right? Not sure man. At the end of the day they can at least tell you the shape the vehicle is in and give it a good test drive to know if itll have an suspension issues at least. Battery degradation and all that jazz you can ask for upfront just by knowing it's full charge mileage.