Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it’s not a drivetrain or battery change. It’s that “efficiency package” software they update on the regular. Seems a little wager is in order...

What I want and hope is that the '24 isn't actually any different than the '23 both software and hardware and that if there's some real difference in software that 21-23 will never get, that it can at least be disabled or not be relevant because it's something you have to turn on that isn't related to normal long trip driving.

What I want and hope is that the '24 isn't actually any different than the '23 both software and hardware and that if there's some real difference in software that 21-23 will never get, that it can at least be disabled or not be relevant because it's something you have to turn on that isn't related to normal long trip driving.
Dude, software changes all the time and will continue to do so forever and ever amen.

The car will be the same. What has changed is the testing methodology.

Reactions: cwanja
It will be just like other changes they have made. New vehicles don't have the option to dial down regen, but old cars get to keep that ability. I think they even removed roll stopping mode on current vehicles.

2024s absolutely will have different software.

So then why would the price increase on on order that needed EPA change acceptance on Jan 11th?
It didn’t. If you did not accept and entered a new order the 11th you got the old price because the price change came later. This was obviously timed purposefully, and why the deadline was given beforehand so that the Modify Design process would not trigger higher pricing.

Reactions: empiredown
It will be just like other changes they have made. New vehicles don't have the option to dial down regen, but old cars get to keep that ability. I think they even removed roll stopping mode on current vehicles.

2024s absolutely will have different software.
Those software changes were driven by hardware changes that previous versions can’t do, therefore they don’t get it.

It didn’t. If you did not accept and entered a new order the 11th you got the old price because the price change came later. This was obviously timed purposefully, and why the deadline was given beforehand so that the Modify Design process would not trigger higher pricing.
Then why was the acceptance deadline on the 10th and not the 16th? I.e what happens to the price of your UR order if you don't accept until the 11th?

Then why was the acceptance deadline on the 10th and not the 16th? I.e what happens to the price of your UR order if you don't accept until the 11th?
So that the order could convert from 2023 to 2024 at the same price. Tesla could not do it unilaterally - it required acceptance of the new terms by the customer. They obviously knew that the price increase was coming a week later, so a deadline was needed for customers to accept the new terms or not. If you did not accept, the email stated your order fee would be reimbursed. I’m not sure why this is hard.

Second post today.
I ordered my MS LR Red in November,
in January I was assigned 2023 Vin, due to medical reasons I put my order on hold, hold finished on January 18th, and waiting for VIN since then

Now tesla started to charge extra for the color option, so today I saw my config on existing inventory on my service center for $2500 higher price, I called them if i can pick it up, and they told me only if pay $2,500 more.

And more: sales rep told me, since I ordered 2023 Tesla, and tesla do not produce 2023 cars anymore, even my order still waiting for VIn assignment, I will never get VIN assigned since that price is not available anymore!!!!!

So if i dont accept to pay the new price I will not get a new car.
Is that correct? if not how come a sales person lie like this?
I doubt that is true. They will eventually deliver your car for the price you agreed to when you ordered. They have always honored the order price in the past. My order is the same. The price went up because of the red color. I'll just wait until they deliver.

Reactions: teko