Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When they assigned my VIN last Friday Feb 9 and I asked for a hold that day, they resent my Order Agreement to me by email, which I didn't ask for but they did for some reason. That Order Agreement showed the same 91,990 price for MSP/UR/White/19/Wheel as before. No change. What was missing from it, and perhaps why they sent it, was the 1,000 referral bonus for Cybertruck reservation holders. When I inquired about this through the app, they said it should be there and "should" go back on when the hold is released. Obviously I have that documented. I don't think the standard process is to change the price if you ask for a simple hold on your existing order.

My question is how are there MSLRs in local inventories 'available for immediate pickup' without an EPA approval? My assumption is they are allowed to ship without it, given there's a 2024 MSLR at my local dealership in NC, but not allowed to sell. If I were to accept the one that shows for me I wouldn't actually be allowed to pick it up until this certificate is issued.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
I haven’t kept close track but it seems like only a handful of people in this user group have actually gotten their model S - much less their MSP. What. Is. Going. On. At. Tesla???
From what I remember, some people have gotten a plaid, nobody has gotten a LR (although some have a VIN).

I'm hoping the EPA thing gets resolved today so those of us with a LR order can get our cars.

Reactions: aerodyne and fupito
From what I remember, some people have gotten a plaid, nobody has gotten a LR (although some have a VIN).

I'm hoping the EPA thing gets resolved today so those of us with a LR order can get our cars.

When I purchased my new inventory MSLR on February 1st I was told that delivery to me was on hold pending a firmware update. Later was then told the update was expected February 13th today. I will check. Last week I stopped by a Tesla display store and they looked up my RN and they mentioned needing EPA and CARB approval. I have not gotten the facts. Anyone know the details?

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
When I purchased my new inventory MSLR on February 1st I was told that delivery to me was on hold pending a firmware update. Later was then told the update was expected February 13th today. I will check. Last week I stopped by a Tesla display store and they looked up my RN and they mentioned needing EPA and CARB approval. I have not gotten the facts. Anyone know the details?

As others have noted, it seems the lack of Certificate of Conformity specifically for the Model S LR is the holdup at the moment. You can search for Tesla's certificates here which will show you that the Model S LR does not have one yet. I would think once we see it show up then we'll start seeing updates regarding our LR orders.

As others have noted, it seems the lack of Certificate of Conformity specifically for the Model S LR is the holdup at the moment. You can search for Tesla's certificates here which will show you that the Model S LR does not have one yet. I would think once we see it show up then we'll start seeing updates regarding our LR orders.
I do wonder what the holdup is. Perhaps whatever tricks they tried to get the rated range to stay at 405 didn’t pan out

"Available for immediate delivery" seems to mean something very different to Tesla than the average person. 😅
Funny they actually removed the one near us that was 'available for immediate delivery' to 'in transit' this afternoon. Wonder if that means they erroneously classified it as on site or the EPA issue is lingering longer than they thought.

I actually messaged an advisor about this one yesterday to see if (1) I could go take a look at it and (2) to see if they would honor my old price if I changed. Didn't actually plan to change but if my delivery date got pushed out again I would since it's almost identical to the one I ordered minus exterior color.

More likely it means that someone purchased it.

And just to add to that, the hold doesn't prevent Tesla from receiving an online order for an inventory vehicle. So when an inventory MSLR leaves inventory online, the most likely reason is someone placed an order for it but they just can't pick it up until the hold is released. My guess is that these haven't actually been paid for and are still just pending orders if the there's still an EPA change coming that requires acceptance to continue with the order.