Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla could curb a lot of that by just announcing a concrete date for the model year switchover as well as any expected changes with said switchover like every other car manufacturer.
Sure, and announce an upgraded cup holder due in January so they sell NO cars for 3 months or discount the crap out of them like other OEMs.

I put the first 100 miles on the Plaid, car was perfect other than one scratch on a mirror which they are fixing this week. The car rides plenty stiff for me on the 19s, I would not want 20's or 21's, that would make the car even more stiff. The cornering is flat due to low CG even though its a heavy car. Brakes feel much better after I properly bedded them in, everyone getting a new Plaid should do this. When I first got the car, the brakes felt mushy, all better now.

I put the first 100 miles on the Plaid, car was perfect other than one scratch on a mirror which they are fixing this week. The car rides plenty stiff for me on the 19s, I would not want 20's or 21's, that would make the car even more stiff. The cornering is flat due to low CG even though its a heavy car. Brakes feel much better after I properly bedded them in, everyone getting a new Plaid should do this. When I first got the car, the brakes felt mushy, all better now.
Agree mostly granted on the soft air suspension setting I felt it was actually boaty and to soft for a performance sedan.

Agree mostly granted on the soft air suspension setting I felt it was actually boaty and to soft for a performance sedan.
I find the ride comfort set to 1-2/5 and handling set to 3-4/5 gives me a pretty nice feel for daily driving (I live in an area with a lot of twisty roads, and I find the car to be responsive enough and comfortable enough at those settings).

If I'm going up some of my preferred hillclimb routes, I'll jack them all the way up. I wish Tesla was a bit more clear on what the setting actually do though. I do see the compression/rebound numbers go up when raising the ride comfort setting

I need my Model S yesterday and my current EDD shows March 9th-31st. Just looked at inventory and my exact configuration is available in 3-5 days. Only catch is it’s the Plaid and I ordered the long range.

Is it worth $15,500 extra and the PLAID upgrade to get my car earlier? How will I know if this inventory vehicle is a 2024? It says “new vehicle” and the estimated range is 359, top speed 200 mph, and 1.99 0-60.

I need my Model S yesterday and my current EDD shows March 9th-31st. Just looked at inventory and my exact configuration is available in 3-5 days. Only catch is it’s the Plaid and I ordered the long range.

Is it worth $15,500 extra and the PLAID upgrade to get my car earlier? How will I know if this inventory vehicle is a 2024? It says “new vehicle” and the estimated range is 359, top speed 200 mph, and 1.99 0-60.
19s or 21s?

It's not worth $15k just to get a car earlier. Now whether or not the Plaid is worth $15k to you depeonds on what you look for in a car. The acceleration is exhilarating. It puts a smile on my phase every time I go full throttle. If you enjoy speed and being pushed back into your seat, the Plaid is one of the best bang/$ as far as power goes. But if you're the type who doesn't like to accelerate hard, only ever drives speed limit, etc... then no, the Plaid isn't worth the extra money.

359 estimated range is a 2024 model

It's not worth $15k just to get a car earlier. Now whether or not the Plaid is worth $15k to you depeonds on what you look for in a car. The acceleration is exhilarating. It puts a smile on my phase every time I go full throttle. If you enjoy speed and being pushed back into your seat, the Plaid is one of the best bang/$ as far as power goes. But if you're the type who doesn't like to accelerate hard, only ever drives speed limit, etc... then no, the Plaid isn't worth the extra money.

Honestly, I don’t really know. I always thought Plaid was unnecessary but bragging rights. I have the money, but also wouldn’t mind saving $15K.

Reactions: Chip Geek
It is absurdly fast. The LR feels slow after driving the plaid. 😅 but, if your paint color went up in price, switching to plaid could cost more than $15k.
Does anyone have a link to an article talking to the specs or math regarding what Chill, Sport, Insane and Plaid modes represent?

Yes I did read that Insane and Plaid Are maximum spec for their respective trim, but how are lower modes engineered?

How do you know which LR models are 2024? Do these have a new steering wheel (horn in the center)?

Does anyone have a link to an article talking to the specs or math regarding what Chill, Sport, Insane and Plaid modes represent?

Yes I did read that Insane and Plaid Are maximum spec for their respective trim, but how are lower modes engineered?
I don't know about what they're doing at a low level with the motor, but Chill in most Teslas is you get a 0-60 around 7 seconds and quarter mile in about 15. In a Plaid, sport mode is nearly identical to the LR's insane (0-60 in 3.5ish, quarter mile in high 10s/low 11s at 130 mph). And then Plaid mode is peak performance

I'm not sure precisely where the LR's sport mode lands, except to say it'll be somewhere between chill and insane.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne