Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's another Grumble real world driving battery consumption data point. I have a really heavy right foot, so in the hands of someone that doesn't Hulk-smash the accelerator, normal miles/kwh could be way better than mine. I only had the car for a week, so it was important to find out how it felt at high speeds, so there were a few dumb runs in there :D

View attachment 1022264

Equates to 274 miles for a full charge. Worse than even my higher speed commutes in my MXP, so you must have really been booking it!

Fender Flares, anyone? Retrofit so the procedure can be done to existing cars

B1B29F0E-3608-4958-9362-CBB104CBBA33.jpeg

4FBDE3FF-8CEA-4AF2-A48F-29CD7C682130.png

Attachments

• 857AD9E0-98CC-4F5E-8572-48D9BCC603DA.png
    857AD9E0-98CC-4F5E-8572-48D9BCC603DA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Definitely might do that. Her concern is more of the range reduction. The difference of about 60 miles is big for her when she takes road trips. It is the difference between having to stop half way or not. I keep explaining that the new range estimates are based on the updated EPA guidelines which should be closer to real world Highway range vs the more combo range. I also tell her driving 75 instead of 85-90 means no stops at the current estimates. ;)
Don't forget the crazy fast charging speed. 1050 miles an hour as high as 30% SoC.

Reactions: Flypony53
I contacted Tesla because I saw this and I wasn't given my VIN yet. They said that they would match me with this one which is the same "everything" to the one that I ordered in December. I asked why I wasn't already given a Vin and was told that I would be coming within a day or so. Tempted to just have them match me with this one... again the same one that I ordered. I was told nothing about a hold and was told that it would arrive at this location on the 2nd of March and that I would be able to take delivery when I arrived.
Same one I ordered - Confirmed 2024 with center horn-  In transit to MD - MSLR Stealth Grey.JPG
In transit to MD - MSLR Stealth Grey.JPG

Ordered MSLR UR to Minnesota Dec 18.

EDD changes:
First was Jan-Feb
then Feb 2-Mar 6
(When Feb 2 came and went)
then Feb 8-Mar 18
(When Feb 8 came and went)
then Feb 14-Mar 18
(When Feb 14 came and went)
then Feb 22-Mar 14
(When Feb 22 came and went)
then Feb 23-Mar 14

And lately, the same every day over the last week. The later date holds and the earliest date drops off and “today’s” date becomes the earliest date. At least the window is compressing.

And still no VIN….

I contacted Tesla because I saw this and I wasn't given my VIN yet. They said that they would match me with this one which is the same "everything" to the one that I ordered in December. I asked why I wasn't already given a Vin and was told that I would be coming within a day or so. Tempted to just have them match me with this one... again the same one that I ordered. I was told nothing about a hold and was told that it would arrive at this location on the 2nd of March and that I would be able to take delivery when I arrived.
View attachment 1022254View attachment 1022255
Make sure they're not charging you extra for the paint color on the inventory model

I just got a call from my local SC - They said they just got an email from corporate a few minutes ago with updated info on the MSLR EPA hold. They were told now that they believe it will be resolved by 3/2, and they rescheduled my pickup for 3/5.

Of course I have to take the info with a nice lump of salt, but I asked if this would definitely be enough time to have the hold resolved and he assured me I'd be able to take delivery by then.
EPA Resolved by March 2nd. That would be Great! My inventory car has been waiting for me since February 2nd.

Does anyone know if there is a good thread here about aftermarket wheels for MSP? I have looked but have not found anything.

I ordered the basic Tempest wheels as $4500 for the Arachnids which I don't particularly like seemed wasteful. Hoping to find a good aftermarket wheel in that price range. I've looked at some Vossens I like. Trying to sort through sizes and other brand options now. It helps me to see what other people have done or recommend... gets the creative juices flowing.
Check this website out. Definitely the best aftermarket wheels for Teslas.