Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone checked the Est. Delivery for a new MSLR recently? I just did and got a nice chuckle and thought I'd share.

I've been waiting since 11/29 and still no VIN, but apparently the site lets you believe you might be able receive one in February if you order today.

1709058618044.png

• Funny
Reactions: Chip Geek
So I ordered MSLR in November and still no vin, sold my car this week and picked an inventory vehicle which has my exact cars config. It had "immediate availability"

Now just showing my frustration to the rep, maybe they will knock off $2500 UR charge 🤷

Still have my original order too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227-134346.png
    Screenshot_20240227-134346.png
    409.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Funny
Reactions: sorka
So I ordered MSLR in November and still no vin, sold my car this week and picked an inventory vehicle which has my exact cars config. It had "immediate availability"

Now just showing my frustration to the rep, maybe they will knock off $2500 UR charge 🤷

Still have my original order too
cancel the inventory order and wait on the original order. It's $2500 less.

Which ppf guy is this ?
Interested to know about ppf suggestions.

STEK or XPel ?
I'm picking up my car in about an hour. Driving straight to the PPF place.

From my research and word of mouth, the brand of PPF doesn't really matter as long as its a premier well known brand. It's more dependent on who is installing it. So I found the most reputable PPF guy and he happens to use Kavaca PPF. I'm getting a matte finish.

There's no way the MSLR isn't also range reduced once they post the new EPA rating. Either that, or the Plaid will regain some of it's lost rating if they were indeed retesting both trims with the new "efficiency" package. Bottom line is there's never been more than about a 15 mile range difference between LR and Performance trims.
I have to believe that some of that range is gained in reducing the overall top speed. while acceleration is the same with 2023, the top speed went from 149 to 130. not sure in the LR any of us need the 149, with the Plaid, I can see the top speed at 200 for track purposes.

Interesting when looking at the wheel setup:

405 LR and 359 Plaid for Tempest
382 LR and 320 Plaid for Arachnid

Looking forward to EPA finalized numbers.

I have to believe that some of that range is gained in reducing the overall top speed. while acceleration is the same with 2023, the top speed went from 149 to 130. not sure in the LR any of us need the 149, with the Plaid, I can see the top speed at 200 for track purposes.

Interesting when looking at the wheel setup:

405 LR and 359 Plaid for Tempest
382 LR and 320 Plaid for Arachnid

Looking forward to EPA finalized numbers.
Why would range have anything to do with top speed?