Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little nervous about all this panel gap discussion. Hoping mine will be perfect but I'm not sure I'll have good enough eyes to pick out a "bad" one. I guess if it looks good enough to me, that's all that matters. Right?

Edit: Same goes for paint touch-up spots. Will I see them? Will I care?
Unfortunately I had to reject my car last week due to touchup paint spots. I am not an expert, but you could visibly see and feel it. Not a huge area but in my opinion unacceptable for a $80k purchase. Fortunately the general manager of the dealership concurred.

Attachments

• IMG_7845.jpeg
    IMG_7845.jpeg
    633.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7842.jpeg
    IMG_7842.jpeg
    740.3 KB · Views: 9
I couldn't figure out if there is a way to give them my account number for an ACH transfer without username and password.

Also, no idea how they secure the ACH transfer system. The account and routing numbers are not secret at all, if you have ever given anyone a check.
It's been two years since using Plaid to buy my 2022 MSLR. I inspected the car, then the SA helped me do the transfer using the Plaid service. Just ask your SA about it.

1000028202.jpg

You can get some info from the Plaid website. I googled the service, millions have used plaid.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I had to reject my car last week due to touchup paint spots. I am not an expert, but you could visibly see and feel it. Not a huge area but in my opinion unacceptable for a $80k purchase. Fortunately the general manager of the dealership concurred.
Oof, worse than touch up that seems like the panel gaps are way too narrow and body parts are rubbing one another.

Just wow. That is TERRIBLE. Would be unacceptable even for a certified or refurbished used car. Can’t believe they tried passing that off as “new” sheesh. Good on you for catching it and rejecting! Hopefully the next one is better.

lol it’s pretty bad. Can’t believe they tried delivering it to a customer like this

Looks like it was “touched up” by a first grader. Absolutely atrocious.

View attachment 1026917
It’s crazy man. PDI means something very different to Tesla than everyone else in the automotive world. 😂 I mean, come on. I accepted mine with a couple panel issues because everything else (paint, interior etc) looked perfect but is this where we are with Tesla now? Our expectations are not high lol. That ridiculous “touched up” BS wouldn’t fly even for a new 20K car.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Mine was delivered with wheels and tires that were so dirty that they looked like the car was in a rally race in Baja before delivery. You’d think they’d have the common sense and courtesy to hose them off before parking the car in the delivery area. But no 😂 After my wife mentioned it, the guy says, “You want us to hose that off for you?” You think??

Last edited:
Reactions: AMPd and hydro
Well... I guess I'll need some help here. I'm on Android and searched the Play Store for "Plaid bank app" and got "Chime" as the top response.
Is there actually a "Plaid" app or am I doing it wrong?

The link should be in your Tesla app scroll right in your order menu to the Final Payment page. If not, message the SA and they will hook you up.