Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been 11 days since my Tesla finished at the factory and went into "in transit" status. My sleep has been highly disrupted as if I wake up in the middle of the night I instantly wonder where "Thor" is and start checking the mytesla page on my phone for updates. Google knows I'm obsessed because the first link in my chrome homepage is now the myTesla page. Second link is teslamotorsclub.com.

I think I have a problem.

I have a distinct inability to grow facial hair, but am considering a "Tesla scruff" from here until delivery. Please send food, and caffeine.

Ditto. Hahahaha

I'm about to crazy with this waiting game. I placed order on July 15th and it was confirmed on the 22nd. Now my car is just sitting in the production queue. Why is it taking sooo long for them to start building it :(.

You are only at 10 days since confirmation... the average is 12 days and as one at 27 days and counting, if you are going crazy now... it'll likely be a bit more insanity as you'll likely be waiting a bit longer.

Reactions: Buddy
It's been 11 days since my Tesla finished at the factory and went into "in transit" status. My sleep has been highly disrupted as if I wake up in the middle of the night I instantly wonder where "Thor" is and start checking the mytesla page on my phone for updates. Google knows I'm obsessed because the first link in my chrome homepage is now the myTesla page. Second link is teslamotorsclub.com.

I think I have a problem.

I have a distinct inability to grow facial hair, but am considering a "Tesla scruff" from here until delivery. Please send food, and caffeine.

THOR eh? My S is "The Silver Surfer".... Marvel Comics, 'Natch. Check out my wiki to get an understanding of the lineage of the Model S.
That should waste some time and keep you informed.

Reactions: MGMDaware
Not sure if it is on the spreadsheet, but how accurate is the "Vehicle to be delivered on or about" date on the final MVPA?

Any experience here on that date versus what is on the website?
I had the same question and discussed it in another post with some other members. Apparently, it's pretty accurate. A few said dead on, a few said a day early, one said a couple of days after.

I just ran some numbers from the Jul/Aug/Sept sheet, for those of us in the MS 60-75D range... there is an average from confirmed to production start time of 16.14 days and a standard deviation of 5.37.

This isn't helping with my sanity much as I'm at over 2x the standard deviation from the mean, which means I'm in the 2.5% chance of production taking this long. If I hit 3 sigma I'm emailing my DS again to complain as that's pretty anomalous. I'd say 2 sigma is already pretty strange.

Reactions: Austral
I just ran some numbers from the Jul/Aug/Sept sheet, for those of us in the MS 60-75D range... there is an average from confirmed to production start time of 16.14 days and a standard deviation of 5.37.

This isn't helping with my sanity much as I'm at over 2x the standard deviation from the mean, which means I'm in the 2.5% chance of production taking this long. If I hit 3 sigma I'm emailing my DS again to complain as that's pretty anomalous. I'd say 2 sigma is already pretty strange.

Just hit day 17 for my MS 60D,

Just hit day 17 for my MS 60D,

I'm at day 28... if I further refine it's an average of 18.35 for picking up at the factory with at standard deviation of 5.69 for the confirm to production timing. So in this case I'm not at the 2 sigma point; however, it's close... honestly, August 12th pickup works best for me so going into production in the next day or so would be ideal for me anyway. Still painful to be so far on the extreme end of delay for going into production. All my DS will tell me is early august production date.

By the way the stats are for US & Earliest delivery orders only... I didn't include international or orders where owners had a delayed delivery.

I am on day 20 since confirming the order and counting...
I cannot figureout what option in my design causing this delay.
white ?
Tan seats ?
pan roof ?
Completely clueless. My DS says 2nd week of Aug for production and i am hoping an early start and delivery.

Last edited:
I am on day 20 now and counting...
I cannot figureout what option in my design causing this delay.
white ?
Tan seats ?
pan roof ?
Completely clueless. My DS says 2nd week of Aug for production and i am hoping an early start and delivery.

My timeline has been:

Order 6/28
Confirm 7/6
Production start 7/25
Production end 7/28
Anticipated delivery (at Fremont factory) 8/4

If you mean 20 days since confirmation, give it a little bit more time. My DS initially told me me that he expected delivery by the second week of August.