Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went into production. Have not gotten the automated email telling me that yet but was happily surprised to see the updated status on MyTesla.

MS 75D EAP APH3 Premium Package
8/19 - Ordered
8/23 - Confirmed
9/9 - Production Start

Still showing a October - Early November delivery on MyTesla but all signs pointing to an end of September delivery.

From the looks of the spreadsheet there have been quite a few vehicles going into production the past 2 days.

Just to provide an additional data point (yes, I can empathize, the folks who come on this thread 10 times a day are looking for any scraps of information on how Tesla's delivery pipeline is flowing), here is my timeline:

S75, East Coast delivery

8/6 - Ordered
8/10 - Confirmed - Delivery Range Estimate Sep-Early Oct
8/26 - APH2 option changed to APH3
9/2 - Production Started
9/7 - Delivery Range Estimate changed to Sep 18 - Oct 2
9/8 - Production Complete, in transit Delivery Range Estimate changed to Sep 18 - Sep 25

So all this happened with minimal interaction with my DS. Upon confirmation, he provided an early Sep production, late Sep delivery date, which turned out to be spot on so far. We had a couple of minor email exchanges since then, but there really hasn't been anything to talk about. Hopefully the rest of the process goes smoothly and I can take delivery in 10 days or so..

So so strange. What is the first 3 of your VIN? I have a 205 and the spec sheet is showing APH2. Ordered confirmed August 1st. Maybe I missed it by a few days.

I got the new back seats for sure too by the look of the spec sheet. Still waiting on taking delivery any day now.

So so strange. What is the first 3 of your VIN? I have a 205 and the spec sheet is showing APH2. Ordered confirmed August 1st. Maybe I missed it by a few days.

I got the new back seats for sure too by the look of the spec sheet. Still waiting on taking delivery any day now.

I'm pretty sure everyone is getting AP3 after August 18th. My car went into production the 17th and was produced with AP2, but they decided to make the switch at the factory to AP3 right after and prolonged my car there for about 2 weeks.

My vin is 210... my option code says AP2. I've already confirmed multiple times I'm getting 2.5. The decoder isn't always accurate.

Surprised anyone is confirming 2.5. My DS and OA stated unless it's tweeted by Elon or in press release they won't/can't comment on it.

Looks like they started an east coast batch. I finally went into production last night. Confirmed 8/13. Hopeful for delivery before end of month. And hope no big q4 changes!!

Surprised anyone is confirming 2.5. My DS and OA stated unless it's tweeted by Elon or in press release they won't/can't comment on it.

Looks like they started an east coast batch. I finally went into production last night. Confirmed 8/13. Hopeful for delivery before end of month. And hope no big q4 changes!!

A Tesla spokesperson already confirmed it though. I guess OA and DS are paranoid after that whole $30k discount debacle and are afraid of speaking out of line.

Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving

Confirmed on 8/23. Not in production yet. Hopefully any day now as Tesla pushes for EOQ deliveries. I'm in NJ. Perhaps our cars will be on the same trailer. Agreed hope no big Q4 changes.

I took delivery yesterday.
What is different on AP2 vs AP2.5? I forgot to ask, I was a bit excited with the whole process.
I got the new back seats, coil suspension, and no premium interior lights. I ordered before the change and didn't feel these were worth it, and they were not added later, I did receive a showroom discount.

An update: Car ordered Aug 13. Confirmed Aug 16. Went into production today, Sept 8th. DS is confident for delivery before end of September.
Status changed on My Tesla page. I then reached out to my DS to refine the delivery date and he confirmed the advancement of a number of orders.

Just logged into my tesla page and notice that I have a delivery window now : Estimated Delivery Range: September 20, 2017- October 4, 2017

Do you have an updated Delivery Range? Our cars went into production at the same time.

Just logged into my tesla page and notice that I have a delivery window now : Estimated Delivery Range: September 20, 2017- October 4, 2017

Do you have an updated Delivery Range? Our cars went into production at the same time.
My Estimated Delivery range has changed to Oct 3 - 17. Surprised that our date ranges are different. As I said earlier, my DS indicated that he is confident of an end of Sept delivery.