Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you mean air suspension?

I did not receive the air suspension. At the time I ordered it wasn't an option, on July 22 it became standard. My build date was around Aug 23. I thought they might have slipped it on there along with the lighting that now is standard.

The options I have on my car are dual motors and winter package. Everything was the standard before the July 22 change. I did however receive the new bolstered back seats.

I did not receive the air suspension. At the time I ordered it wasn't an option, on July 22 it became standard. My build date was around Aug 23. I thought they might have slipped it on there along with the lighting that now is standard.

The options I have on my car are dual motors and winter package. Everything was the standard before the July 22 change. I did however receive the new bolstered back seats.

I'm very curious to see what mine comes with. Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Started production 8/17. Ended production 9/4. Shipped 9/7 pickup is tentative 9/12
Absolutely the worst experience I've had when buying a car. But I'm sure car will make up for it.

Reactions: Bebop
So far I agree with the statement.

Just out of curiosity, for those who have the same sentiment, what were the reasons that tainted the process for you? I'm a couple weeks in and haven't had any problems with the experience thus far. I knew going in that I was probably goi to have to wait up to 2 full months for delivery. Was it poor communication, unexpected delays etc? Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, for those who have the same sentiment, what were the reasons that tainted the process for you? I'm a couple weeks in and haven't had any problems with the experience thus far. I knew going in that I was probably goi to have to wait up to 2 full months for delivery. Was it poor communication, unexpected delays etc? Thanks!

lol I've been posting on here non stop for almost 2 months because the wait is killing me.
When I ordered the car I was told that I'd have it by the end of August because I wanted it for a trip. Once I ordered and confirmed I immediately filled out the 6 things on my profile as I want to make sure there aren't any hiccups. After 3 weeks I reached out to my DS to see if she heard anything and to make sure my profile was 100% okay as it only said 5/6. No response so after 3 days I resent another email. No response. I waited 3 more days and sent another email. No response. I waited 24 hours and continued to email up to 7 times to no response. I then called my sales advisor and he said she would get back to me tomorrow. She didn't lol. So I called the day after that and left 2 messages, 1 in the morning and 1 at night. She then got back to me and gave me the BS how she was on vacation. I figured hey, *sugar* happens no big deal and I said I understand would you mind keeping me updated as I really want this by the end of August. She said absolutely it'll be in August 28/29. I let her know if I need to pick it up at factory I could.
My car went into production August 17th. I got excited as I figured it's right on track(I never found out any updates my DS, only Mytesla website). After a week went by it said in factory so I emailed. Waited 48 hours and no response. So I called the office and left a message. No response so I called the next day. She said it's in the factory and at this point the car isn't coming. On the 28th my cars still there and at this point I want to know what's the hold up, is it coming with 2.5/ upgraded back seats and when's my new eta? She said I don't know for all of them I'll call u next week and I'll find out why. At this point I had enough and told her I'm pissed because she's not ever answered an email or got back to my voicemails. My car is delayed and you have no idea, while others who ordered later than me have received their cars. I asked her to call me by the end of the week and answer the questions.
She called me and informed me I have 2.5 and my car had a recall at the factory and she doesn't know an eta.
On 9/4 on my tesla it says it's shipped and I'm excited. 9/5 is says between sept 7-14 and I'm thinking perfect it's finally coming she will update me especially after telling her how upset I was. Wrong, she didn't call. So I called her on wed and asked what's going on? She said omg I just got an update right now your car is in transit. I asked when can I pick it up and she said maybe the 22nd, even though MyTesla says 14th is the latest and I've been waiting since 7/10. So I'm a bit upset. I now call her every day at 1pm and continue to call until she answers so she can get me out of her hair. She scheduled a tentative pickup for Tuesday 9/12 because the car was delivered on Thursday 9/7 and they need a few days to "detail" the car. I asked for the paperwork and to make sure I'm getting the .99% she said no my rate is 1.49 from when I was accepted and that I need to do a larger deposit than what was agreed upon even though I told her it would be exactly $20,000 down(including taxes and fees). She's off sun(today) and mon(tom). So I won't have any paperwork or update til the actual pickup date. I don't even know if the bank is going to give me their promotions rate even though my credit is 78x...
So vey long story, but that's why I'm upset. I hope that answers your question.

lol I've been posting on here non stop for almost 2 months because the wait is killing me.
When I ordered the car I was told that I'd have it by the end of August because I wanted it for a trip. Once I ordered and confirmed I immediately filled out the 6 things on my profile as I want to make sure there aren't any hiccups. After 3 weeks I reached out to my DS to see if she heard anything and to make sure my profile was 100% okay as it only said 5/6. No response so after 3 days I resent another email. No response. I waited 3 more days and sent another email. No response. I waited 24 hours and continued to email up to 7 times to no response. I then called my sales advisor and he said she would get back to me tomorrow. She didn't lol. So I called the day after that and left 2 messages, 1 in the morning and 1 at night. She then got back to me and gave me the BS how she was on vacation. I figured hey, *sugar* happens no big deal and I said I understand would you mind keeping me updated as I really want this by the end of August. She said absolutely it'll be in August 28/29. I let her know if I need to pick it up at factory I could.
My car went into production August 17th. I got excited as I figured it's right on track(I never found out any updates my DS, only Mytesla website). After a week went by it said in factory so I emailed. Waited 48 hours and no response. So I called the office and left a message. No response so I called the next day. She said it's in the factory and at this point the car isn't coming. On the 28th my cars still there and at this point I want to know what's the hold up, is it coming with 2.5/ upgraded back seats and when's my new eta? She said I don't know for all of them I'll call u next week and I'll find out why. At this point I had enough and told her I'm pissed because she's not ever answered an email or got back to my voicemails. My car is delayed and you have no idea, while others who ordered later than me have received their cars. I asked her to call me by the end of the week and answer the questions.
She called me and informed me I have 2.5 and my car had a recall at the factory and she doesn't know an eta.
On 9/4 on my tesla it says it's shipped and I'm excited. 9/5 is says between sept 7-14 and I'm thinking perfect it's finally coming she will update me especially after telling her how upset I was. Wrong, she didn't call. So I called her on wed and asked what's going on? She said omg I just got an update right now your car is in transit. I asked when can I pick it up and she said maybe the 22nd, even though MyTesla says 14th is the latest and I've been waiting since 7/10. So I'm a bit upset. I now call her every day at 1pm and continue to call until she answers so she can get me out of her hair. She scheduled a tentative pickup for Tuesday 9/12 because the car was delivered on Thursday 9/7 and they need a few days to "detail" the car. I asked for the paperwork and to make sure I'm getting the .99% she said no my rate is 1.49 from when I was accepted and that I need to do a larger deposit than what was agreed upon even though I told her it would be exactly $20,000 down(including taxes and fees). She's off sun(today) and mon(tom). So I won't have any paperwork or update til the actual pickup date. I don't even know if the bank is going to give me their promotions rate even though my credit is 78x...
So vey long story, but that's why I'm upset. I hope that answers your question.

I am waiting for delivery of my fourth Tesla. All employees of Tesla have been terrific. Your DS's conduct is unacceptable. You needed to go to the delivery manager. And I still would. When my DS had medical issues, his auto return email let me know he was not available but identified two other who were.

I think your situation is a rarity.

I am waiting for delivery of my fourth Tesla. All employees of Tesla have been terrific. Your DS's conduct is unacceptable. You needed to go to the delivery manager. And I still would. When my DS had medical issues, his auto return email let me know he was not available but identified two other who were.

I think your situation is a rarity.

I am going to call tomorrow and speak with one and hopefully pick it up when my DS isn't there haha. I don't know what the good would be as I don't think they give any discounts or free things. Floor mats/ wall charger and such lol

I'm working with an owner advisor. I get very low response to correspondence. I live 5 miles from my Tesla office, so I drop by. I find him sitting in the office. I am supposed to pick up the car Tuesday PM. The web site says I'm 5/6. He says that's no problem. I got an email from the Tesla loan dept a week ago giving me approval and rate. The web site still says something like documents received.

The web site says I'm 5/6. He says that's no problem. I got an email from the Tesla loan dept a week ago giving me approval and rate. The web site still says something like documents received.
Mine shows 4/5 even though I've been approved in August, and my selection still shows no trade-in, even though I have already traded in my car more than a week ago. DS says not to worry about it.
Initially, both DS and OA, were not too quick with their email responses, but the communication has improved significantly after we had an in-person meeting.

Last edited:
I'm very curious to see what mine comes with. Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Started production 8/17. Ended production 9/4. Shipped 9/7 pickup is tentative 9/12
Absolutely the worst experience I've had when buying a car. But I'm sure car will make up for it.
I think I told you live in R.C. also and I was just told build date was 9-7 (awaiting delivery date) and it has Air suspension and the lighting so I would say yours should as well!

I think I told you live in R.C. also and I was just told build date was 9-7 (awaiting delivery date) and it has Air suspension and the lighting so I would say yours should as well!

But I've seen other posts of guys starting production 8/22 and not having it haha. So I'm just anxious. But I'll be calling the office in the morning to hopefully pick up. And when I do I'll let you guys know.

• Informative
Reactions: Bonlaw
It definitely will.

The CPO process is no better. But I can say getting the car cures a lot of the ill will. (but not all). Took me eight weeks to the day to get a car that already existed!!

But I've seen other posts of guys starting production 8/22 and not having it haha. So I'm just anxious. But I'll be calling the office in the morning to hopefully pick up. And when I do I'll let you guys know.
Looks like I'll be another tesla owner in R.C. also. So far my process has been ok. Communication has been hit or miss but generally I receive an email response in 2 days. I've noticed my online profile won't update all 6 items and have been told this is fine.