Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As in, the farther you are away from the factory, the earlier your vehicle goes into production?
I could see that being the case if they're trying to offset the time it takes do deliver it from Fremont to a delivery center outside of CA.

Yup, that’s what I’m thinking. Reason being they have to get those vehicles that require traveling further from Fremont out sooner so they can get properly accounted for in the quarter’s delivery. Once the car passes title to the consumer, only then can they report in their financials that title is transferred and revenue can be recognized. For instance, if they start production in March for a vehicle to be delivered in EMEA, it likely will not get produced, clear customs and delivered to a customer until Q2, thus impacting their Q1 financial results. They probably have a cutoff date in their process to manage production based on geography. I saw somewhere that it only takes about 7-10 days to actually manufacture the vehicle. For us in CA and the west coast, they know we are eager to get the car and will be quick to respond when they ring the bell for pickup. Just a thought, I could be totally off point!

• Informative
Reactions: CBPfromTN and DMack
As in, the farther you are away from the factory, the earlier your vehicle goes into production?
I could see that being the case if they're trying to offset the time it takes do deliver it from Fremont to a delivery center outside of CA.

I think you are correct there. When I voiced my frustration to my OA and DS, it was explained to me that the goal is to have car delivered on the same day regardless you are on the east coast or west coast if car is ordered on the same day. So to compensate for transportation time, an east coast bound car would have to go into production a bit sooner than a west coast bound car. But all these are managed manually and things happen, so I think it is often that cars could get delivered to the east coast sooner. Anyway, work with your OA and DS and they usually would try to make a satisfied customer out of you whenever possible, I think.

• Informative
Reactions: CBPfromTN and DMack
Forgot to add:
Tentative delivery scheduled 3/7, Tampa Florida.

Over the moon excited :)
I am excited FOR YOU!!!! This is so much fun, talking to others who have ordered their Teslas. I still don't have an EXACT production date, even though my DS said it was scheduled for 2/19. Of course, she HAD to add that it "might" be 2/12 or 2/26.........ugh. I WANT MY CAR! Anyhow, keep us posted! Congratulations on your new car!!!

That may hold some water. I ordered 1/31, confirmed 2/3, VIN 2/3 or 2/4. Obviously, haven't heard about production yet, but I am further from the factory here in KS. (Model S 75D, dark blue, Autopilot, no upgrade package)

Dude we have almost the exact same config!!

I ordered 1/31, got an email on 2/4 about my order being complete. Vin already assigned over the weekend.

My car config is: Model S 75D, Deep Blue Metallic, White Premiuim Interior, Carbon Fiber Décor & Enhanced Auto Pilot.

Not sure about an estimated delivery date but I’m located in Texas

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Dude we have almost the exact same config!!

I ordered 1/31, got an email on 2/4 about my order being complete. Vin already assigned over the weekend.
My car config is: Model S 75D, Deep Blue Metallic, White Premiuim Interior, Carbon Fiber Décor & Enhanced Auto Pilot.

Not sure about an estimated delivery date but I’m located in Texas

That is great news for you as well!!! I just wonder, how does this happen? Maybe they make all blue cars at the same time? LOL. I keep thinking I'll hear something but my Model S 75D, Obsidian Black, White Premium Interior, Dark Ash Wood Decor & Enhanced Auto Pilot, which has been on order since Dec. 11, confirmed Dec. 14, 2017. I did check my order page today, and if I am not mistaken, there is something new beside my VIN and it's the "specs." I don't think the specs were there before, so maybe this is progress. Supposed to go into production on Feb. 19th. I'm hoping for Feb. 12th :D

jslander and ea_roa I'm almost the same as you two also.

Model S 75D, dark blue, Autopilot, PUP in Cream.

Ordered 1/31/18
confirmed 2/3/18
DS called 2/6/18
Vin spotted 2/6/18 I wasn't looking so I don't know when it updated. Might have been same date as you guys.
Estimated delivery date Mid to late March. East Coast, Tyson's VA.

Took a wall connector home with me to install. Of course my panel is on the opposite end of the house. All dry wall ceiling and walls.

I'm starting to feel jealous of you guys that ordered after me and already have VIN's and production dates and delivery dates!
And then I read that CBPfromTN ordered a month before me and is still waiting. I don't get it!
Perhaps the "east coast" (which apparently includes Texas but not Tennessee!) vs west coast correlates somewhat to the delivery timeframe.
Could also be options and colors ("we're making PUP internals this week, non-PUP next week, red exteriors this week, obsidian black next week"...)
Who knows.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
I emailed my DS yesterday, and she conformed that - although i still haven't' receive my VIN - my "Tesla will be complete within the last ten days of March" and that the VIN is typically assigned out 4-5 weeks before that.

I didn't' ask about folks who ordered after me getting their VIN before mine because I didn't' want to sound too petty :)

My car isn't anything special:
- 75D
- Deep Blue Metallic
- Premium Upgrade Package
- Sunroof (maybe that's it!)

Ordered on 1/13
Confirmed on 1/16

I emailed my DS yesterday, and she conformed that - although i still haven't' receive my VIN - my "Tesla will be complete within the last ten days of March" and that the VIN is typically assigned out 4-5 weeks before that.

I didn't' ask about folks who ordered after me getting their VIN before mine because I didn't' want to sound too petty :)

My car isn't anything special:
- 75D
- Deep Blue Metallic
- Premium Upgrade Package
- Sunroof (maybe that's it!)

Ordered on 1/13
Confirmed on 1/16

Have you looked at your account online recently. I ordered on 01/15/18, confirmed on 01/18/18, and without received notification I discovered the VIN had been posted on my Tesla account page along with contact info for the DS. I hope this works for you.

Dmack I have no idea on how specific Tesla builds in relation to the options. but maybe the sunroof would through the car into a different batch. it just looks so odd that there are 4 of us three are fine with out the sunroof and yours is MIA. And or back to they could be still trying to "source your parts"

Project880 yours looks standard enough.

Who knows if the DS is sitting on paperwork or something stupid.