Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As noted previously, my date went to 11/14-11/28. I FINALLY got allowed to change my color though, so I'm going to accept the possible 7-10 day hit on the delivery timeframe and switch to the Pearl White and accept delivery in early December.

As noted previously, my date went to 11/14-11/28. I FINALLY got allowed to change my color though, so I'm going to accept the possible 7-10 day hit on the delivery timeframe and switch to the Pearl White and accept delivery in early December.

Awesome, AO! Thought you were liking Black of late?! But, yes, Pearl White is really nice!

ckessel is right. Moderators will do our best but a changed or failed delivery date also a delivery update.

P.S. I did move a few posts that were discussion only. They went here - Model-S-Delivery-Issues-and-Communication-Concerns Also updated that thread title to encourage "communication" discussions going there. Posts on production rates went here.

I don't have any problems with the updates about delays, that's exactly what I come looking for, its the back and forth arguing about what Tesla is or isn't doing right and whether or not I'm going to drop my reservation because of it that I thought was just noise and needed to go elsewhere.

I second the thanks to the mods. It does indeed help, but we can all help them out by checking the title of the thread before writing a book on the wrong subject.

(methinks this is my first post to this thread).

Anyhow, as a "P" reservation holder, I wanted to post this email I received today:

Thanks for your note and phone call. At this point, we can't produce final paperwork for you until your VIN has been assigned. Your new delivery window is 11/7 - 11/21, so I'd check back for your VIN after Halloween.

The amount that you have on file now is a preliminary amount, and the final MVPA will contain a much more final amount, in terms of tax and registration fees, etc.

Thanks for your patience and persistence!

Best,

Matt

I am fairly certain that this is a pre-populated computer generated date that is 99% subject to be pushed back ...

... but I did get an email and I did get a delivery window in writing. So, I post ....

Delivery Update Alert!

Received a mail tonight that by chance my car is on a truck fitted with a tracking GPS (not all of them are!), so I can see exactly where it is. Tonight looks to be parked by Lake Conway (just off the I-40 outside Little Rock, AR) probably as an overnight stop. This is getting exciting all over again!:biggrin:

(Shame the driver can't come direct here but he's got to make some stops in GA before heading south to FL.)

Tesla has to dig themselves out of a hole with past lack of communications and, at least in my experience, they're starting to do that. Keep it up!

Well, daddio's car showed up this afternoon!

ModelSDelivery.jpg

(methinks this is my first post to this thread).

Anyhow, as a "P" reservation holder, I wanted to post this email I received today:

Thanks for your note and phone call. At this point, we can't produce final paperwork for you until your VIN has been assigned. Your new delivery window is 11/7 - 11/21, so I'd check back for your VIN after Halloween.

The amount that you have on file now is a preliminary amount, and the final MVPA will contain a much more final amount, in terms of tax and registration fees, etc.

Thanks for your patience and persistence!

Best,

Matt

I am fairly certain that this is a pre-populated computer generated date that is 99% subject to be pushed back ...

... but I did get an email and I did get a delivery window in writing. So, I post ....
Hadn't you posted that you have a VIN?

- - - Updated - - -

Delivery Update Alert!

Received a mail tonight that by chance my car is on a truck fitted with a tracking GPS (not all of them are!), so I can see exactly where it is. Tonight looks to be parked by Lake Conway (just off the I-40 outside Little Rock, AR) probably as an overnight stop. This is getting exciting all over again!:biggrin:

(Shame the driver can't come direct here but he's got to make some stops in GA before heading south to FL.)

Tesla has to dig themselves out of a hole with past lack of communications and, at least in my experience, they're starting to do that. Keep it up!
That's awesome Nigel...it's not a bad run to Sarasota from Little Rock. Congrats.

Sweet! I'm glad they gave you something in return for the continued delays. I'm sweating not getting the white, which I've loved since I saw it at the test ride event last October in Fremont. Seems like most deliveries now are red, so I feel like what I'm getting is a dime a dozen, but I know that in a few weeks they'll stop altogether, so I'm not going to second guess myself, but I'm really happy for you!

Never got a call or email (other than the generic GB email) on a change to my window of 10/14-10/28 for S-1092 so I called today. Of course the window was moved back to 10/28 - 11/11 due to "part shortages" and "color batching." {Tim, I sent a form (page 1, post 2 this thread) update already}.

Too whomever took this photograph, the composition is just brilliant -- a brightly colored Signature red juxtaposed with the deep red leaves covering the ground and contrasting green. Great shot.

Thanks! I thought it was a pretty decent photo!

- - - Updated - - -

Lyon, I hope you don't mind that I 'chopped your photo of Dad's car. It was almost perfect, but the power pole and transformer reflection were getting on my nerves!

David

View attachment 11014

No problem what so ever! I'm not great with photoshop so I appreciate it.