Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Props to Denver’s team. Probably the best run SC in the country. Enjoy your car and don’t forget we need at least one pic here!!

I finally got a call today from my DS today which I thought “Finally!”!well it was to tell me that they have no idea where my car is and that they wanted to schedule my delivery appt for June 14 or 15th and that if they find out it’s coming sooner they will call me.
That’s unacceptable. Tesla needs to greatly improve the way in which they communicate with customers. It seems like it’s the luck of the draw on getting a responsive DS, and not knowing where a customer’s car is at any given moment is inexcusable.

I would ask the them at the least to ping the car to see where it is.

I did. I think it just slipped through the cracks. I went there a little early and walked across the street to the bank.

Even with the oops every thing went very well.

There was a small alignment issue with a body panel but they fixed it right then and there.

To expedite, have your insurance card ready with the new VIN.

Overall it was an excellent experience and simple, super friendly and spent the time to answer every question. I never felt rushed.

Oh yea the car looks fantastic.

Vrod, your was being detailed.
100x, I did not see yours.
So happy for you, congrats!! Send some more pics if you take more. I just finalized all my payment stuff so I should be all set for Saturday delivery!

Vrod, when you pick yours up tomorrow, let me know if mine is on the lot!

Reactions: Bigt6542
So happy for you, congrats!! Send some more pics if you take more. I just finalized all my payment stuff so I should be all set for Saturday delivery!

Vrod, when you pick yours up tomorrow, let me know if mine is on the lot!

The AP began working quickly and put a couple hundred miles on it yesterday. Great ride!!!

There was a car hauler there this morning, fingers crossed for you 100x!!

Props to Denver’s team. Probably the best run SC in the country. Enjoy your car and don’t forget we need at least one pic here!!

I finally got a call today from my DS today which I thought “Finally!”!well it was to tell me that they have no idea where my car is and that they wanted to schedule my delivery appt for June 14 or 15th and that if they find out it’s coming sooner they will call me.
That is lame. The car is powered up. Find my car Fremont...
i feel for you jeff its unfair

Just wanted to report in on my experience. Took delivery yesterday. The financial side of the transaction was simple. I did the ACH transaction right there in the delivery center on the DS's computer...it took seconds and it was done. No need to do this days in advance, such as is being discussed here. (At least in this particular location.) That said, I'm leasing. I suppose if this were a full-purchase w/o lease or financing, you may need to have your ducks in a row prior to driving away.

The delivery was thorough and "just enough" - he hit all the high points and taught me things I did not know.

The car was connected to the app before I even got there. (I have Tesla solar, so I already had working credentials on the Tesla app). Auto pilot seemed ready to use within 10 miles, I had heard previously that it was 50 or more.

There are 3 minor issues - one discovered at delivery and two others. The one at delivery already has a part on order, and the two post-delivery are fit/finish issues which I'll drop by the SC for....certainly not enough to ruin the excitement of the delivery.

The torque is absolutely unbelievable, and the electric driving experience sells itself. It just seems like "the way to go"..... I haven't been in my ICE since, and it will feel odd to hit "start" and fire up the V8.....

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting. If you have questions, by all means ask.

Just wanted to report in on my experience. Took delivery yesterday. The financial side of the transaction was simple. I did the ACH transaction right there in the delivery center on the DS's computer...it took seconds and it was done. No need to do this days in advance, such as is being discussed here. (At least in this particular location.) That said, I'm leasing. I suppose if this were a full-purchase w/o lease or financing, you may need to have your ducks in a row prior to driving away.

The delivery was thorough and "just enough" - he hit all the high points and taught me things I did not know.

The car was connected to the app before I even got there. (I have Tesla solar, so I already had working credentials on the Tesla app). Auto pilot seemed ready to use within 10 miles, I had heard previously that it was 50 or more.

There are 3 minor issues - one discovered at delivery and two others. The one at delivery already has a part on order, and the two post-delivery are fit/finish issues which I'll drop by the SC for....certainly not enough to ruin the excitement of the delivery.

The torque is absolutely unbelievable, and the electric driving experience sells itself. It just seems like "the way to go"..... I haven't been in my ICE since, and it will feel odd to hit "start" and fire up the V8.....

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting. If you have questions, by all means ask.
Yes we’re waiting in Chicago. Interesting the ap was ready to go in 10 miles. Was the fit and finish with the doors by any chance

My DS told me I could use a personal check. Thats what I am doing on June 7th. The wait is killing me! Did you ask if you could?

I didn't ask if I could use a personal check. I got and email last week from my DS advising I could pay on my Tesla account via ACH or bring a cashiers check made out to Tesla Motors, Inc. with me to the delivery. I have a feeling the state really affects what is allowed/required.

Did you activate a smart phone app? I understand it can’t be activated until you take delivery.

what is the wait time for an S? 2-3 weeks or longer?
If you go on the website and configure a car you will usually get a pop up screen to talk with someone. They seem to be fairly reliable when estimating a delivery date. Also, if you hit the “order my design” button you’ll often get a screen that shows a similar vehicle in new inventory (either a showroom model or demo) available in 2 weeks. I spoke several times by phone with a sales and there were several cars available but not on the website.

If they can deliver a new car in 6 weeks that would be a good option; most of us who ordered in mid-March are just now taking delivery.

I can already tell that I'm going to be in trouble with waiting. 3 days since order placed on model S, nail biting waiting on the "oh s*** i just ordered a $100k car let me cancel that" before we schedule it for production. I wish there was a way to opt out of that 3 day period and get this show on the road! Was told by my SC that since i ordered after mothers day, expect delivery in september. And yes, i used a referral code