Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed 12/4/15 - My car is built awaiting transport to Ohio delivery around December 13th through 18th.

Delivered 12/11/15 - Great delivery experience and love all the new features.

IMG_4975.PNG

I placed my order very late on Thursday night (12-10-15) and had my VIN assigned less than 24 hours later: 121329. Tesla called yesterday to introduce my DS and go over the process. Also, yesterday I applied for financing through Tesla and was approved. They anticipate that there is a good chance my car will be delivered in December but that would mean exactly three weeks from order date to delivery date! I'd prefer a December delivery for tax reasons but I'm totally fine with a January delivery, too.

I updated the TMC order & delivery sheet w/ my info & VIN. After years of saving and planning, it's very exciting to be here!

Congrats, that is very fast! You will love it!

Hi everyone, I placed my MS 70 order late Monday night after lurking this forum for what seems like an eternity. I confirmed the following day (12/08) after verifying financing was in order. I had to exercise a little more patience but received my VIN yesterday - 121327. My estimated deliver currently stands at Late January, 2016 - February, 2016. Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience and knowledge! I look forward to joining the family!

The TMC order & delivery sheet has been updated with my information. Finally, it feels like a dream come true!

Took delivery of my Model S today! I still have the Tesla grin on my face! I got a grab bag full of swag including: leather key fob holders, (ask for little landyard strings if you want to keep the key fob bare--they have mini ones they can give you), coffee mug, license plate frame, hats, pen, pin, umbrella, microfiber cleaning cloth. I ended up teaching my DS a thing or two about the Model S, including a few easter eggs. Many thanks to everyone on TMC for keeping me informed and sane up until delivery. Unfortunately they ran out of bows, so I didn't get to cross that off my bucket list. Apparently, someone drove off with one! I guess I'll have to wait until I upgrade to a P90D to get that bow :biggrin:

View attachment 104144View attachment 104146

- - - Updated - - -
Congratulations! See you around town.

I got a grab bag full of swag including: leather key fob holders, (ask for little landyard strings if you want to keep the key fob bare--they have mini ones they can give you), coffee mug, license plate frame, hats, pen, pin, umbrella, microfiber cleaning cloth. I ended up teaching my DS a thing or two about the Model S, including a few easter eggs. Many thanks to everyone on TMC for keeping me informed and sane up until delivery. Unfortunately they ran out of bows, so I didn't get to cross that off my bucket list. Apparently, someone drove off with one! I guess I'll have to wait until I upgrade to a P90D to get that bow :biggrin:
Congrats!

Appreciated all of that swag (the lapel pins surprised me) also but didn't know about the lanyards! The sales team promised me a corporate jacket and a pouch too but said that I had to pick them up in person at the Galleria. I think the manager hoped to see my very cool 82 year old cousin again.

Too funny about the bow. Now I see why they laughed when I asked about it.

My 85D went into production 11/30, shipped 12/5, and I'm taking delivery 12/14. I saw it at the Dallas service center last Friday 12/11. That's got to be some kind of record. 2 weeks to build and deliver!

So jealous. My 85D went into production on 11/18 and is still there......I'm not a very patient person, and this definitely reminds of me of the christmas countdown when I was a kid.

Congrats!

Appreciated all of that swag (the lapel pins surprised me) also but didn't know about the lanyards! The sales team promised me a corporate jacket and a pouch too but said that I had to pick them up in person at the Galleria. I think the manager hoped to see my very cool 82 year old cousin again.

Too funny about the bow. Now I see why they laughed when I asked about it.

I just figured out that you can remove the little mini key ring on the mini lanyard (see attached image) to loop into the Model S key fob! And this little ring fits nicely into your main key ring with your other keys. I am the type that likes a clean look (never had an iPhone case) but could not find anything to fit into that little annoying loop on the key fob. So make sure to ask for the mini landyards!

IMG_3619.jpg
IMG_3621.jpg

I ordered a MS 70 on 11/16, confirmed on 11/23, went into production on 12/3, status changed on 12/12 to "on transit for delivery." I am in the Orlando area and patiently waiting for a call from my DS to say....it's here!!! Delivery has consistently been showing from 12/17-12/31, so I actually think there is a chance I'll receive it before Christmas. 240 outlet has been installed and my garage has never been cleaner :cool: I wake up every morning and instead of saying good morning to my wife, I usually jump up and say, "is it here!" ha ha

I am on the same schedule and just had my delivery appointment moved up to Wednesday morning! Delivery on the website still shows 12/17 - 12/31. I have also been nesting, getting my garage all ready. Looks great, 240 outlet in place, swept, kids not allowed in...

Pickup is tomorrow! Production 12/1, delivery (to AZ) 12/15. Not too shabby! My partner entered production the same day, but his took a bit longer, despite only being different colors (paint/interior/trim): he's picking up 12/19. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(Am I overhyping this? I've been obsessively drooling over a Tesla for years now and finally decided to pull the trigger, but I'm coming from a 2007 335i so something tells me P90DL is going to live up to the hype for me... have only driven a P70D thus far...)

Congrats to to everyone with recent deliveries! To those nearing the big day, just hold on a bit longer! Only had mine a couple weeks and finding new excuses to drive somewhere every day :) Took a friend for a drive yesterday and he now can't stop thinking about Tesla, and funny thing an EV wasn't even on his radar. Then today he called me up for coffee (& a drive to get there), we even stopped into the local Tesla store for a look. It's contagious!

Mine is at the SC in Vancouver. Second charger installed today. Got purchase agreement by email and sent off the money (ouch!). Waiting for next Tuesday or Wednesday for it to be shipped to my door.

I'll be dropping by the Vancouver SC Tues afternoon to pick up my back ordered all weather mats, maybe I'll see your car there in the lot waiting for you!