Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DÆrik Solutions, you and I are twins in the sense that we both ordered on 4/9, confirmed 4/17. Bobjustbob, I assume you're very similar.

My status has always been "Late May - June". My DS guessed that the week of June 6 would be "D week". :)

Kinda odd to think that our cars might be on the same train that winds its way through Colorado to drop off DÆrik Solutions' car, then across Kansas to drop off mine, the on to Georgia to drop off bobjustbob's.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
@bobjustbob: You are farther ahead of me than I thought -- 9 days. I was confirmed 4/17.

@Brtflyl8e: I'm going to go with Tuesday evening. But mostly because the sooner his starts, the sooner mine starts. :)
We shall see! I hope you're right!

Mine was scheduled for production the week of May 9, per my DS. He said it could go a week early at best, which would have been this week. It changed to "in production" on MyTesla and per an email the evening of 4/28. So I hope that means everyone will be a week early!

Reactions: bobjustbob
DÆrik Solutions, you and I are twins in the sense that we both ordered on 4/9, confirmed 4/17. Bobjustbob, I assume you're very similar.

My status has always been "Late May - June". My DS guessed that the week of June 6 would be "D week". :)

Kinda odd to think that our cars might be on the same train that winds its way through Colorado to drop off DÆrik Solutions' car, then across Kansas to drop off mine, the on to Georgia to drop off bobjustbob's.

@NeilErdwien Yes, Our dates are identical! What options did you get? I got the 90D in pearl white, pano roof, 19" slipstreams, grey next gen seats, carbon fiber decor, black alcantara, autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension, subzero, & ultra high fidelity sound. @MorrisonHiker (friend of mine) ordered a similar car on the same dates as us, but with delayed delivery.

I asked my OA/DS if my car would be delivered by my birthday (June 13th, the car is my birthday present to myself) and they said, barring any natural disasters, I should have it by then but hopefully sooner. I am not sure if they would put mine on a train or truck. Any idea on how they normally deliver to Colorado?

Thanks Erik

Ordered my Model S the day of the refresh. This morning I see my Australia bound purchase went from late June-July out another two months to August - Early September. Boo. I'd also been told my car was going into production 'very soon'. If it means I get a car with a few more refresh glitches worked out then happy to wait. But then the only reason I'm getting the S is cause the 3 is soo far away. Delayed gratification is trying...

So my story is a bit unusual. I am 31 years old with incurable cancer that is progressing, and a 1.5 year old son who just had a liver transplant and still needs a kidney transplant. The Tesla Model S was my dream car, and after paying off the house and a few years of saving up we finally had enough money to order the Model S this month. So my wife said to go for it.

When we went to the Tesla store the sales guy ironically happened to be a guy my wife and I went to high school with and had already been following our story. Him and his manager hooked us up with all kinds of swag for me and my son before we even ordered the car. He has also worked hard with the delivery guy to get our car moved up in the production line, which he did since ours entered production last week. They said we will get ours before most of the showrooms even do.

The delivery guy said that it should be in production for about a week, and then they are trying to arrange for a truck to deliver the car to Chicago. He said that if a truck is available it should take less than a week to deliver it (so I'd probably get it next week), or about 2.5 weeks if they have to do it by train.

Needless to say they are pulling all kinds of strings to try and get us the car as soon as possible. We ordered a Model S 90D fully loaded (except for the extra seats).

To top it all off they gave us a red Model S P90D to drive a week ago for a few days, and they are giving it to us again for this weekend while we wait for ours to be delivered (they are going to try and give us the one Model X that they have, but aren't sure if that will be available). I didn't ask for them to do any of this... they volunteered it. They told me to put as many miles on it as we want as long as it comes back with at least a mile left on the battery.

Order date: 4/13
Confirmation/VIN date: 4/21
Production started: 4/28

My estimated delivery date on the website is still May/Early June, but they said May 31st should be the latest I'd get it (as long as there is no unforeseen issues). I know this is an expensive car, but I'm still blown away by how awesome everyone at Tesla has been.

Wow! You and your family have had it rough! I'm glad to hear Tesla is pulling out all the stops to get your car to you ASAP. You will probably be one of the first people to get a refreshed 90D. I'm sure a lot of people here will want to hear all about it.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Ordered my Model S the day of the refresh. This morning I see my Australia bound purchase went from late June-July out another two months to August - Early September. Boo. I'd also been told my car was going into production 'very soon'. If it means I get a car with a few more refresh glitches worked out then happy to wait. But then the only reason I'm getting the S is cause the 3 is soo far away. Delayed gratification is trying...

Tesla focuses on building overseas delivery cars the first weeks of a quarter and focus more on domestic orders the second half of the quarter. We've moving into the window where they are switching to domestic and if your car didn't get built in the first half of the quarter, it will probably get shoved off into next quarter.

It sucks but this is their strategy to keep the stock analysts at bay. They have to deliver as many cars as possible per quarter and doing it this way means most of the deliveries are in the last month of the quarter.

Reactions: NikeWings
@NeilErdwien Yes, Our dates are identical! What options did you get? I got the 90D in pearl white, pano roof, 19" slipstreams, grey next gen seats, carbon fiber decor, black alcantara, autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension, subzero, & ultra high fidelity sound.

Very close to yours:

90D, blue, pano roof, 19" slipstreams, black next gen seats, piano black decor, black alcantara, autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension, but no subzero or ultra high fidelity sound.

I am not sure if they would put mine on a train or truck. Any idea on how they normally deliver to Colorado?

I know nothing authoritatively, but somewhere on these forums it was said that everything outside California defaults to train to the nearest service center, then truck if you don't pick it up from the SC. But under some circumstances they'll do a long-distance truck on request. Trucks are supposed to be faster because they can go point-to-point. Trains stop all over the place to drop cargo off and pick up new.

BTW, Denver? I have a son moving to Denver, probably the weekend before your birthday.

@NeilErdwien Yes, Our dates are identical! What options did you get? I got the 90D in pearl white, pano roof, 19" slipstreams, grey next gen seats, carbon fiber decor, black alcantara, autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension, subzero, & ultra high fidelity sound. @MorrisonHiker (friend of mine) ordered a similar car on the same dates as us, but with delayed delivery.

I asked my OA/DS if my car would be delivered by my birthday (June 13th, the car is my birthday present to myself) and they said, barring any natural disasters, I should have it by then but hopefully sooner. I am not sure if they would put mine on a train or truck. Any idea on how they normally deliver to Colorado?

Thanks Erik
My birthday is June 2nd and yes its a present to myself! haha I hope it comes before my birthday. Im in LA so not far from the factory. Where is your car being delivered to?