Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a VIN of 1409XX so am a week or so away from production. It strikes me that until the car get its colour that all the cars are the same. It makes sense that they would do a batch of cars the same color and then customize them according to order. It you die more efficient as far as cleaning the robots for the new color. Ie so many white, then grey then red then black etc. This would mean that they would not stick to numerical sequence. Anybody have any insight?

Cant wait for my car .... Midnight silver 90D BTW

I have a VIN of 1409XX so am a week or so away from production. It strikes me that until the car get its colour that all the cars are the same. It makes sense that they would do a batch of cars the same color and then customize them according to order. It you die more efficient as far as cleaning the robots for the new color. Ie so many white, then grey then red then black etc. This would mean that they would not stick to numerical sequence. Anybody have any insight?

Why do you think you are a week away from production? I am 1407XX and I'm guessing another two weeks for me... If you are correct then this is the best news EVER! I just wanted to see if your DS told you about a week or so. I can't get any answers out of my DS. :(

My order confirmed today. vin 1423xx
Delivery date : Late May-June

Model S 70
Solid Black Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
White Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features

My VIN is a little ahead of yours and they are telling my mid-June to early July. I have a 90D though.

My DS seems to believe that my car will enter production middle to end of next week (7 days from today). Mentioned that production queue seems to be moving quickly. Just last week advised I would not build until late May. VIN 1397xx for ref.
I'm 139710! Between us, first one to post picture with their car gets $100 Amazon gift card for accessories from the loser? Honor system- no google image searching for delivery day pics!

I've seen discussions here on TMC about that. I believe they not only group by color, but by some other features too, like build a batch of body color roofs together and group battery types.

I'm 139710! Between us, first one to post picture with their car gets $100 Amazon gift card for accessories from the loser? Honor system- no google image searching for delivery day pics!
From my DS today:
"...my best estimate as to when it will begin production sometime during the timespan of May 16th through May 28th.Beyond that I won’t know the actual production date until I see it enter production at the factory.
I hope you win the bet!"

I love your enthusiasm but you have a 2 week lead time advantage in PHX if my car gets on the rail. I'm game for $25 amazon for best email timestamp of production complete email. A Lannister always pays his debts.