Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just logged onto Mytesla and noticed that my production timeframe has now slipped to June-Early July!

Was at Late May - June.

This jives with my DS telling me that my car won't go into production until the latter part of May. VIN 141xxx. I'm assuming I'll take delivery in the mid-June timeframe.

I'm in Houston also and my time is also June-Early July maybe they are grouping by destination? My VIN is 1423xx.

Excited to be joining the club!

Initial Order: 4/23
Order confirmed/ VIN assigned: 5/1
Delivery: Late May/June

Model S 90D
All Wheel Drive
Obsidian Black Metallic
Panoramic Roof
19 inch Silver Slipstream Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Dark Ash Wood Decor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Email from Tesla this morning confirming "Your Model S Has Entered Production"
Estimated delivery May- Early June

Grrrr...one week ahead of you and still no movement on mine.
Must be location based. Guess I will trade a few weeks not to live in Ohio. :)

I did notice when mine was being built that Tesla can and does "batch" production based upon final destination in order to, perhaps, "build" a truckload(s) or make for shipment effiicency. The production queue is not typically based upon when your order was confirmed/placed. I suspect there are some other factors that come into play. As the end of the quarter arrives, (June in this case) you will notice that California order builds dominate, probably due to the very short transit time for local delivery. I feel that Tesla does this to ensure the cars reach their destination and then transfer to the owners in order to "book" the sale. For that reasons Tesla will try to get the east coast cars out by the end of May or very early June to insure they get to the new owner.

In New England, mine came direct to Milford, CT Service Center with a caravan of 5 other trucks, Loads of X and S all arrived that day, at once, and then some of the trucks carried on to Eastern Mass after offloading in Milford. You gotta feel sorry for the car prep crews at Tesla.

BTW, the trucker who delivered mine told me that he had left Fremont 7 days prior with one offload stop along the way.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash
So far randall_s is still the only post-refresh order (4/12) that has entered production. randall_s - can you confirm your order date? Was it 4/13?

Any other orders from 4/12 or after that have entered production yet?

Ordered: 4/13
Confirmed: 4/20 (Notification email: 4/21 00:25 -0700)
VIN Assigned: 4/21
Production 5/7: (Notification email: 5/6 23:33 -0500)

Last edited:
Reactions: gsxdsm
Here's the underside of the front plate. Bolts underneath the lip and when taken off smooth as in the pics and the X

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 63
I see that trent3815 went into production today, and is also getting a 90D like me. Ordered on same date, and confirmed on same date. Similar VIN 1397xx, however shipping to FL (whereas mine is shipping to southern California).

FINGERS CROSSED, I enter production soon too!

It might be a batch order by location as mentioned earlier. I confirmed on 4/11 yet I'm still waiting on the production email. Picking up from Costa Mesa with a vin 1388xx

I get excited at every email I get just waiting for the production notice.

Last edited: