Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the email and switched delivery time from "Late May - June" to "June - Early July". Really only a 2-week delay.

"My Tesla" is now back to the previous "Late May - June". In my mind, this is more ammunition to my thesis that there is too much noise and variability in the data to help predict when a given order will be completed. But, it is fun to speculate, so I imagine we'll all keep doing it.

"My Tesla" is now back to the previous "Late May - June". In my mind, this is more ammunition to my thesis that there is too much noise and variability in the data to help predict when a given order will be completed. But, it is fun to speculate, so I imagine we'll all keep doing it.

I'm not sure how accurate "my tesla" is .... For 6 weeks it's now said late May / early June but in speaking with my DS in Toronto - my 70D is scheduled for production next Monday, shipping the following week and arrival June 20th ?

I'm sure I've reported this previously, but here's my summary and update:

Model S 70D
Midnight Silver
Pano Roof
Glossy Obeche Wood
Grey NextGen Seats
Autopilot
SubZero Package
Premium Upgrade Package
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels

Ordered 4/6, Confirmed 4/13 (getting refreshed upgrades),
In production 4/28
In transit 5/10
Scheduled to be delivered to Milford SC TODAY!
Final delivery (at Mt Kisco, NY SC) and permanent grin to be installed this Wednesday, 5/18!!!

I placed an order for a Model S 70D on 5/6 and had it confirmed on 5/13. My specs:

VIN: 5YJSA1E21GF1438XX
Solid Black Exterior
Pano Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Textile Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Interior
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades
Subzero Package

My DS is saying it should enter production first week of June and arrive in Chicago (Highland Park) around June 20. Starting the countdown...

I'm on the way back from the Tesla Road Trip event in VA. While there, I came across nearly my exact build! The owner immediately jumped out and insisted i sit in it. I can't wait!

There were over 80 Teslas there, mostly Essessesses. A few midnight silvers, and I got a really good look at them in the sun. There is a LOT of gorgeous blue metal flake in that paint! I'm even more in love now.

I placed an order for my Model S 70 on 4/27 and had it confirmed on 5/5. VIN# 1423XX

Just got off the phone with my DS and he said estimated time my car to go into production is still Late May early June and delivery targeted for the 2nd week of June. My Telsa website has never changed from late May/Early June status. I know some others in SoCal have said theirs changed from May/June to June/July.

I placed an order for my Model S 70 on 4/27 and had it confirmed on 5/5. VIN# 1423XX

Just got off the phone with my DS and he said estimated time my car to go into production is still Late May early June and delivery targeted for the 2nd week of June. My Telsa website has never changed from late May/Early June status. I know some others in SoCal have said theirs changed from May/June to June/July.
It looks like most California Tesla's are "late May - June". The refreshed model has yet to go into production. We are hoping that this week they finally start after over a month..... But maybe it'll be next week.

While mine has always said "June - Early July", the sales associate said from the beginning it would likely be late June for delivery to the Denver area. I actually think that's the best early estimate. Haven't spoken or communicated with my DS yet and don't feel the burning need to just yet. I confirmed on May 10.

Reactions: Jason Shelton