Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it. I was trying to gauge if they were making available soon the X style seats. Although it would have to be different in the 2nd row. An I'm glad they were able to accommodate for the rest of the car. What was the extra expense if you don't mind sharing? I would hope they decreased the cost.
Congratulations by the way!
No extra cost nor decrease .

Reactions: benemac
My DS just replied to me and, contrary to the original estimate of mid-late May production and early June delivery, it's now production in the first 2 weeks of June and mid-late June delivery.

The waiting process and communications have been a little disappointing, to be honest. I don't mind waiting, it's more I'd rather have an accurate ETA from the get go, because this process involves trading in my current car while not lapsing in insurance, and it's somewhat inconvenient that the ETAs keep changing.

My DS just replied to me and, contrary to the original estimate of mid-late May production and early June delivery, it's now production in the first 2 weeks of June and mid-late June delivery.

The waiting process and communications have been a little disappointing, to be honest. I don't mind waiting, it's more I'd rather have an accurate ETA from the get go, because this process involves trading in my current car while not lapsing in insurance, and it's somewhat inconvenient that the ETAs keep changing.

I agree that Tesla's process of setting customer expectations can be better. Reality === expectations means good customer service. In my experience if you can't deliver the impossible, then just set the right expectation and customers will generally be content.

At the same time, I'm not discounting the difficulty Tesla faces in the ongoing operations of their manufacturing process: sourcing, scheduling, manufacturing, QA, delivery. I'm sure all of those factors aggregate into a delivery expectation curve that is highly variable, especially since Tesla only has the one facility in the US. It's hard to reduce manufacturing risk and variance with a sample of one.

Reactions: chillaban
[COSTA MESA DELIVERY]

VIN 1397XX (90D - see signature)

Confirmed 4/20 (I think)

Entered production today!!!!! Still estimated delivery Late May/June.

My DS estimated pick up May 26-28, but not confirmed yet.

Looks like the CA cars are starting production!!

Congrats DoubleE! I confirmed on 4/27 - no production yet for me :(. Still showing Late May/June. I will continue to hold out hope that I go into production this week, and my car can hitch a ride with yours down to south county here.

Reactions: Jason Shelton
my confirmed date is may 5. Still nothing here. But I am hoping very soon. I traded in my car 2 weeks ago and i cant wait to get back into a nice car. Right now driving a Toyota Venza :(,

Funny thing, I already logged in to my lexus portal and indicated that I don't own my car anymore (Lexus RCFsport) and the car is continuously emailing me door open status. It mus be in a car lot somewhere. It makes me miss it since I do not have my tesla.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Didn't know this was sitting in my inbox since yesterday...

Reactions: bobjustbob