Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great! Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer!

Here's a few more from delivery day and right after we had the windows tinted. It's been rainy all week, I'll take some more after I give her a good bath.

View attachment 177629 View attachment 177630 View attachment 177631 View attachment 177632
Looks fantastic! I'm picking up my black S this week. Oddly enough, my Tesla page still shows Piano black decor not the dark ash that replaced piano black with the refresh.
Does yours have piano black or dark ash?

I'll be picking my refreshed Model S up this week. Just noticed that the final paper work/invoiced that was mailed to me indicates that the Odometer has 50 miles on it.
Has anyone else seen this on their new model S I'm sure there can't be 50 miles on a new car, right?

i think many of them have 15-50 miles on them. My first one had 17. I believe it's the test driving and qc.

Well look at that. I'm now in production! It changed about 5 minutes ago.

DoubleE - now tomorrow you can just give Eric a nice firm handshake from Eclipxe and a "sorry for all of the frantic emails" :)

Btw. I was only half joking about the 100D...
Congrats! Makes me even more mad that mine hasn't started haha I bet it was the best feeling ever when you saw that your started production!

I'll bet you it's because I got the damn vegan seats! :)

They have an option for seats that eat meat?

I did get cloth seats, not because I'm vegan, but I hate leather seats. They are too uncomfortable and too much of a fashion statement, cold in the winter and hot in the summer.

Congrats!!!

What do you think the turnaround time is from when production starts till production ends? Mine went into production on 5/21. Also not sure if the factory is a 7 day a week operation.

Last I read they only do production on weekdays. If you look at the summary page on the spreadsheet, production averages 5-7 days. It's been more like 7 days this quarter so far.

I'll be picking my refreshed Model S up this week. Just noticed that the final paper work/invoiced that was mailed to me indicates that the Odometer has 50 miles on it.
Has anyone else seen this on their new model S I'm sure there can't be 50 miles on a new car, right?

I've bought one new car myself and been with others when they picked up a new car, there are always a few miles on the odometer. First they need to do a test drive after production to ensure everything runs correctly, then a few miles might be run up moving the car around as they load it onto transport, take it off, move it to the service center delivery prep, etc. If delivery prep or the test drive finds a problem, the car needs to go into the shop to have the problem fixed and then it will be test driven again afterwards.

I think 12 miles is the lowest odometer reading I ever saw on a new car and around 20-30 is typical.

I think that is what they put on all the paperwork, to cover whatever is actually on it from test drive to load/unload. Mine also says 50.

This thread is tough to watch as many go into production and some are starting to receive their refreshed Model S. I went from Late May - June Delivery to "Your estimated delivery window is June - Early July" today. I emailed my DS to try to see what is going on.

Refreshed P90Dl
Ordered: 4/19/16
Confirmed: 4/16/16
Production: ???

This is a true test of my lack of patience.

This thread is tough to watch as many go into production and some are starting to receive their refreshed Model S. I went from Late May - June Delivery to "Your estimated delivery window is June - Early July" today. I emailed my DS to try to see what is going on.

Refreshed P90Dl
Ordered: 4/19/16
Confirmed: 4/16/16
Production: ???

This is a true test of my lack of patience.

Refreshed P90DL, confirmed 4/15/2016, also moved from "Late May - June" to "June - Early July" as of this morning, also in production queue but not in production. I'm guessing the binning of the builds is based on the target build as there are a lot of non-P90DLs being built.

My patience has been tried too.

Based on what I read here about delivery dates changing, I emailed my DS and he called me yesterday. He said not to worry, my car was on target for "late May/June" which has been showing up on my MyTesla page since I got the confirmation. Today I checked MyTesla, and sure enough the date is now "late June/July." I turned in my Mercedes whose lease ended May 13th based on those delivery dates (could have extended it if I needed to).

My order is a P90DL Titanium VIN 1389XX
Ordered April 6th
Confirmed April 13

I guess I don't understand the process very well. I see someone with a P90DL here with a VIN of 1396XX ordered after me is already in production. Tesla's reputation is dinged when they make changes like this without any clear communications as to the why.

The only good thing I learned is that since I am in Arizona, the cars always go by truck.

I think that is what they put on all the paperwork, to cover whatever is actually on it from test drive to load/unload. Mine also says 50.

A car can be driven a bit after manufacture depending on testing, transportation and such. It is common for the paperwork to be prepared with a standard mileage (say 50) unless the car is known to have excessive mileage.

My paperwork said 50 miles, which is the default if it's under 50 - the car actually had seven miles on it. I've added a few since then. :)

Also to answer your other question about the interior - if you ordered piano black and then got the refresh, you still get piano black. For some reason, that choice has been kept the same - I was worried it would be too shiny but I really like it (the dark ash is very nice too, but I prefer the piano black, which is good because that's what I've got!).