Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone go into production today yet?
I'm wondering the same thing.
Ordered S90D 4/20 -Confirmed 4/27 with Vin
Still in Production queue - Delivery move from Late May to June-early July just a week or so back. I'm wondering if anyone with a model S90D ordered around my time going into production.
I see other folks claiming having ordered their cars may 5th with it being delivered. Now these were all 70Ds. I still find it weird, can't make any sense of it. I would hope that you're spending this kind of money, that a better explanation is given to you as to why the dates are so off. Some DES are good at keeping in touch, I guess, at least I've heard so from the forum, but mine does not give me anything valuable when it comes to information/update.

I'm wondering the same thing.
Ordered S90D 4/20 -Confirmed 4/27 with Vin
Still in Production queue - Delivery move from Late May to June-early July just a week or so back. I'm wondering if anyone with a model S90D ordered around my time going into production.
I see other folks claiming having ordered their cars may 5th with it being delivered. Now these were all 70Ds. I still find it weird, can't make any sense of it. I would hope that you're spending this kind of money, that a better explanation is given to you as to why the dates are so off. Some DES are good at keeping in touch, I guess, at least I've heard so from the forum, but mine does not give me anything valuable when it comes to information/update.

My experience is like yours, except I ordered a S70D almost a week after you. Same thing, in production queue, started with a late may / june delivery, then got pushed back to june / early july.

I must've missed the other train of S70D's as well. It's a total mystery to me how the build order works, and I've tried to ask my DS but not got a clear answer. Like you, I also assumed that higher paying customers get their builds prioritized, but that's not what appears to be happening.

It definitely seems like some DS'es are better at keeping in touch / giving more detailed updates than others. At this point I've just given up on communicating until I hear that my car is in production.

Reactions: newtman
You guys are not alone ..... I was confirmed April 22, VIN 1409XX originally May/June and pushed to June/July a few weeks ago for no reason I can figure out ..... ordered nothing out of the ordinary and many later VINs in production or already delivered. It's frustrating, so looking forward to my new wheels.

Reactions: newtman
@YvesV , welcome to the "I-confirmed-end-of-April-for-a-90D-and-still-not-in-production-for-NJ" club. Doesn't seem to be specific to NJ though... Mine is 1414xx, confirmed+VIN on April 26 and still in the queue. Not a lot of usefull info from my DS as well, hinted that production should happen beg of June, so I expect it to start this week.

Second that, confirmed 4/25 90D. Boston delivery also 141xx Vin, still in queue with delivery estimate at end of June to early july.

My DS has been responsive, though he did say production was slated for end of May and it hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping it will be this week for us people in the same boat. Ohhh so painful this wait!!!

I've had other Tesla owners ask to take pics of the new front fascia! Guess a lot of people didn't know it has been refreshed.

Guys, it looks WAY better in person trust me. You will love it. I've been feeding my addiction by going to the tesla store once a week while waiting for production. The prudential tesla store is so packed on the weekends. I once sat in the passenger seat and answered questions for people for like half an hour haha

Very well... At least we have other people in the same boat. Tomorrow is officially June... Between this week and next week, I am sure something should come out. If anyone in that boat could post when their cars go into Production that'd be cool. I'll give until next week before reaching out to DS, but let me tell you, my patience is very thin right now, watching the same stupid page with no updates at all.

It's like being in traffic and you take a different road, not forcibly because it's shorter, but because there's no traffic and the fact that you're constantly moving forward creates the illusion of progress of some sort. Any acknowledgement is better than nothing at all.
Crazy, the more you spend, the more headache.

Very well... At least we have other people in the same boat. Tomorrow is officially June... Between this week and next week, I am sure something should come out. If anyone in that boat could post when their cars go into Production that'd be cool. I'll give until next week before reaching out to DS, but let me tell you, my patience is very thin right now, watching the same stupid page with no updates at all.

It's like being in traffic and you take a different road, not forcibly because it's shorter, but because there's no traffic and the fact that you're constantly moving forward creates the illusion of progress of some sort. Any acknowledgement is better than nothing at all.
Crazy, the more you spend, the more headache.

It must be the model. My New Jersey S70, 1422xx went into production 5/27. DS was talking about mid June delivery.

Reactions: Krebnarb
You guys are not alone ..... I was confirmed April 22, VIN 1409XX originally May/June and pushed to June/July a few weeks ago for no reason I can figure out ..... ordered nothing out of the ordinary and many later VINs in production or already delivered. It's frustrating, so looking forward to my new wheels.

Same here. Confirmed pre-refresh, VIN around 4/15. Got pushed from May/June to June/July. DS is a broken record saying "beginning of june".

All of a sudden everything changed. I went into production a week ago today. Delivery time on mytesla changed to June 2 to June 16. I looked today and it indicates "IN TRANSIT'" I am excited! We are in AZ, so it is only a short drive, and I confirmed that it is being shipped via truck.

P90DL
Titanium
Pano roof
21" grey turbine wheels
Black next gen seats
autopilot
Premium interior
Smart air suspension
Ultra HiFi Sound

Well the good news is that they'll move mountains to get our cars delivered before July 1st to make up for disappointing Q1 deliveries. I mean its either that or they had some unforseen issues on the line. X ramp up may have provoked some delay as well. For the rest, factory planning and batching remains a science that only Tesla understands!
Edit: and we can always dream that the wait is due to the 100KWH battery ;-)

Last edited:
Might as well 3rd that......another 90D for an LA delivery waiting with you guys. V1393xx
Misery indeed likes company.
I wonder if for all of you guys, with these 90 kWh battery models waiting, waiting and waiting, maybe the "old" 90kWh are no more available, and Tesla is waiting to a new "90" kWh to be available. That new 90 would be able to be updating to 100 kWh and the official announce would come in the beginning of July. So some of you would be able to update like for the 70 that can be updated to 75.
But, It's only a though that came to me reading your posts.

Yep, we thought the same thing but I'm not holding my breath. The extra cost would be substantial and I'm not sure it's economically viable to put that many extra cells for uncertain revenue. Maybe for a very short transition if the 90 is destined to die quickly but that would make for a big price increase for anyone wanting more than 75Kwh.