Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if for all of you guys, with these 90 kWh battery models waiting, waiting and waiting, maybe the "old" 90kWh are no more available, and Tesla is waiting to a new "90" kWh to be available. That new 90 would be able to be updating to 100 kWh and the official announce would come in the beginning of July. So some of you would be able to update like for the 70 that can be updated to 75.
But, It's only a though that came to me reading your posts.

I think that's pure speculation and coincidence as well — there's still those of us with 70/75's waiting as well, not just 90's. If anything, the most recent batch that entered productions are all 90's.

I think it's more likely that the factory is rotating parts and batching things together in ways that we cannot decode on our end. With so many options, colors, destinations, etc, even with the spreadsheet we can't necessarily find the correlations.

Last month, everyone was saying the "reason" for a long dry spell was because post-refresh-announcement refreshes had new autopilot sensors. That turned out to be false...

A quick summary of the delivery spreadsheet for AprMayJun Model S cars. (That summary seems to be missing from the spreadsheet). Followed by a order mock-up of the most common options.

Paint_Color num pct
Midnight Silver 27 24%
NULL 18 16%
Deep Blue 17 15%
Pearl White 12 11%
Black 11 10%
Multicoat Red 10 9%
Obsidian Black 7 6%
White 6 5%
Titanium 4 4%
Silver 2 2%

Roof num pct
Pano 81 71%
NULL 18 16%
Body Colored 15 13%

Wheels num pct
19" 71 62%
NULL 19 17%
19" Cyclone 15 13%
21" Grey 8 7%
21" Silver 1 1%

Seats num pct
NextGen Black 30 26%
NextGen Grey 29 25%
NextGen Tan 23 20%
NULL 20 18%
Textile Black 11 10%
Leather Black 1 1%

Decor_Accents num pct
Piano Black 39 34%
NULL 28 25%
Obeche Wood Matte 21 18%
Carbon Fiber 20 18%
Obeche Wood Gloss 6 5%

Autopilot num pct
Yes 95 83%
NULL 19 17%

Premium_Interior_Lighting num pct
Yes 81 71%
NULL 19 17%
No 14 12%

Winter num pct
No 62 54%
Yes 31 27%
NULL 21 18%

Ultra_High_Fidelity_Sound num pct
No 54 47%
Yes 40 35%
NULL 20 18%

Alcantara_Headliner num pct
Black 71 62%
White 23 20%
NULL 20 18%

Air_Susp num pct
No 53 46%
Yes 41 36%
NULL 20 18%

Rear_Facing_Seats num pct
No 86 75%
NULL 20 18%
Yes 8 7%

Spoiler_carbon num
NULL 21
No 88
Yes 5

Red_Brake_Calipers num
NULL 23
No 84
Yes 7

Model num pct
90D 54 47%
70D 32 28%
70 13 11%
P90DL 8 7%
75D 4 4%
P90D 3 3%

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 12.16.52 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: vtvox and NikeWings
Woke up with an alert that the charge interrupted. I checked on the car and noticed a notification that the car may not restart and the 12v battery needs service. I called and they said they had to tow. I'll I know what's going on tomorrow[/QUITE ]

Quick update: they changed the 12v battery and converter then realized it's the actual charging unit that needs to be replaced. Gotta wait til tomorrow to pick up

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well here it is. Picked up our 75D today in Fremont with only a minor glitch. We updated to 75 but somehow it was built as a 70D. The folks at Tesla got on it right away and within 3 hours my dashboard now shows it as a 75D. Gotta love the over the air updates. Our local service center is gong to correct the badging.

The Factory Tour was working full speed. They told us that that they had 3 shifts working. It was so cool to see all of the Model S and Model X being built together.

Here are a few quick pictures. Will post more later.

Just heard my S showed up in Portland today, but they can't delivery it until next Monday (D-Day). I guess I'm going to have to get some invasion stripes on my car:
Invasion stripes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good thing I got a white car...

This is going to be a long week!

What tires are people getting with the 19" post refresh. In another thread the Eagles score the lowest

I've heard cars have been getting Michelins the last year, but I'm not sure that's the case at the moment. I hope I got Michelins, those tires have some great reviews for both all season performance as well as being quiet.

I wonder if for all of you guys, with these 90 kWh battery models waiting, waiting and waiting, maybe the "old" 90kWh are no more available, and Tesla is waiting to a new "90" kWh to be available. That new 90 would be able to be updating to 100 kWh and the official announce would come in the beginning of July. So some of you would be able to update like for the 70 that can be updated to 75.
But, It's only a though that came to me reading your posts.

Don't hold your breath. If they were doing that with the 90s, they probably would have announced it when they announced the 75 battery. It's very expensive to make cars with bigger batteries than what is being delivered and the 70 will likely be dropped completely in a few months.

Interesting, only 10% Performance models, the rest is more or less equally split between 90D and 70/75.

The market for the P90D is limited because it is so expensive and the only people who really want them are rich sports car enthusiasts. If you look at the summaries going back, the quarter after the P85D was announced there were a lot of P85D orders and then there was a blip of P90DL orders when the P90D was announced, but sales of those cars have been relatively low otherwise. I also noticed when the P85D was announced there were a ton of P85s that showed up in the used market and there still are more P85Ds available in the used market than any other dual motor version.

The 85D/90D has been the most popular dual motor car but they are extremely rare in the used market. The people buying 70/75s and 90Ds are a different demographic than the P90D market.

Good news!! I got a call from my DS a little while ago. We are aiming for Friday at 2pm for delivery! Now to only find something to pass the next few days!

Its a Pearl White 90D with Autopilot, Premium Upgrades Package, Smart Air Suspension, Subzero Weather Package, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Pano Roof, Grey Next Gen Seats, Carbon Fiber, Black Headliner.

Thanks Erik

Good news!! I got a call from my DS a little while ago. We are aiming for Friday at 2pm for delivery! Now to only find something to pass the next few days!

Its a Pearl White 90D with Autopilot, Premium Upgrades Package, Smart Air Suspension, Subzero Weather Package, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Pano Roof, Grey Next Gen Seats, Carbon Fiber, Black Headliner.

Thanks Erik
Congrats. I've got good news too. My car is scheduled to reach the Kansas City Service Center Friday, and a Saturday delivery may be possible. Otherwise, Monday.

Erik and I both ordered 4/9 and confirmed 4/17. I feel sorry for others that ordered that day or earlier. The silver lining from my experience is that once production starts, it happens fast. My car was only in production 3 days, and transit (truck) another 8-ish. Your mileage will vary.

Congrats. I've got good news too. My car is scheduled to reach the Kansas City Service Center Friday, and a Saturday delivery may be possible. Otherwise, Monday.

Erik and I both ordered 4/9 and confirmed 4/17. I feel sorry for others that ordered that day or earlier. The silver lining from my experience is that once production starts, it happens fast. My car was only in production 3 days, and transit (truck) another 8-ish. Your mileage will vary.

Awesome! It sounded like if I didn't take Friday, delivery wouldn't be until the following week so I jumped at the the earliest opportunity.

Once in production it did move very fast!

Thanks Erik

Reactions: Krebnarb

Thanks Erik

Looks like they did a big batch of pearl white Ss last week. There are at least three of us here who had pearl whites in production last week.

Reactions: DÆrik
Just heard my S showed up in Portland today, but they can't delivery it until next Monday (D-Day). I guess I'm going to have to get some invasion stripes on my car:
Invasion stripes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good thing I got a white car...

This is going to be a long week!

I've heard cars have been getting Michelins the last year, but I'm not sure that's the case at the moment. I hope I got Michelins, those tires have some great reviews for both all season performance as well as being quiet.

Don't hold your breath. If they were doing that with the 90s, they probably would have announced it when they announced the 75 battery. It's very expensive to make cars with bigger batteries than what is being delivered and the 70 will likely be dropped completely in a few months.

The market for the P90D is limited because it is so expensive and the only people who really want them are rich sports car enthusiasts. If you look at the summaries going back, the quarter after the P85D was announced there were a lot of P85D orders and then there was a blip of P90DL orders when the P90D was announced, but sales of those cars have been relatively low otherwise. I also noticed when the P85D was announced there were a ton of P85s that showed up in the used market and there still are more P85Ds available in the used market than any other dual motor version.

The 85D/90D has been the most popular dual motor car but they are extremely rare in the used market. The people buying 70/75s and 90Ds are a different demographic than the P90D market.

I hope I get the michellins as well although in a pic I saw the Eagles but I believe it was a 70D. I hope that the premium we pay for the 90 includes the better tires

Reactions: beantobe
View attachment 178926 View attachment 178927 Well here it is. Picked up our 75D today in Fremont with only a minor glitch. We updated to 75 but somehow it was built as a 70D. The folks at Tesla got on it right away and within 3 hours my dashboard now shows it as a 75D. Gotta love the over the air updates. Our local service center is gong to correct the badging.

The Factory Tour was working full speed. They told us that that they had 3 shifts working. It was so cool to see all of the Model S and Model X being built together.

Here are a few quick pictures. Will post more later.

Did they fix the badge as well?
Congrats by the way!