Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried calling the factory 15 minutes ago and got a voicemail prompt. Left one, and also forwarded my email communications to Tesla's main email line and asked for a different DS.

I just want answers in a reasonable timeframe, and accurate answers, not chains of broken promises and silence. *frustrated*
Mind sharing who your DS was?
At this point ... I'm seeing such a wide variety of DS experiences ... it's maybe time to name names.
Then maybe Tesla will wonder why folks are calling in to switch DSs. Maybe that will lead to a more standard DS experience, which is good for all of us IMO.

Reactions: newtman
At this point ... I'm seeing such a wide variety of DS experiences ... it's maybe time to name names.
Then maybe Tesla will wonder why folks are calling in to switch DSs. Maybe that will lead to a more standard DS experience, which is good for all of us IMO.

We are placing tremendous faith (and emotion) on these Tesla entry level jobs aka the OA and DS. Other than having a drivers license and the right to work in the US, very little else is required other than subjective attributes. They are happy, eager, feeling Teslaaah cool and hopefully like cars.......but no where near having the wisdom and savvy necessary to be dealing with S and X demographic. Its tough to lay blame on the individual DS and I would not name them. They haven't been trained properly and since most 25 year olds don't have an innate sense of managing the ultimate client experience, they are just dangling, thus the inconsistent information, responsiveness, inability to properly manage expectations etc. (No front line 25 year olds at my Porche dealer nor my business for sure.)

My DS was just promoted to regional manager which is truly frightening as I haven't heard from him at all unless I initiated the call.
The growing pains at Tesla are revealing (and perpetuating) themselves.

SMH with a #1393xx and no production in sight........but hey, at least now I can complain to the new regional manager. :D

It finally made it. Had some last minute scrambling due to Tesla charging me sales tax. They shipped up to NH from Mass. so there should have been none. My loan funded while the car was sitting on the truck for my noon delivery.
I included one of the ever shrinking "frunk".

7D__1105.JPG
7D__1109.JPG
7D__1111.JPG
7D__1116.JPG
7D__1117.JPG
7D__1119.JPG
7D__1120.JPG
Great looking ride. Thanks for sharing. Those just might be my colors:rolleyes:

It finally made it. Had some last minute scrambling due to Tesla charging me sales tax. They shipped up to NH from Mass. so there should have been none. My loan funded while the car was sitting on the truck for my noon delivery.
I included one of the ever shrinking "frunk".

Thanks for sharing you helping me wait for it... thats my color just a few differences in the badges, interior and options!!

Talked to my DS today and he says my cars almost done and expects delivery to most likely be next week or at worse case the following week! :D:D:D:D

Reactions: rcsting
We are placing tremendous faith (and emotion) on these Tesla entry level jobs aka the OA and DS. Other than having a drivers license and the right to work in the US, very little else is required other than subjective attributes. They are happy, eager, feeling Teslaaah cool and hopefully like cars.......but no where near having the wisdom and savvy necessary to be dealing with S and X demographic. Its tough to lay blame on the individual DS and I would not name them. They haven't been trained properly and since most 25 year olds don't have an innate sense of managing the ultimate client experience, they are just dangling, thus the inconsistent information, responsiveness, inability to properly manage expectations etc. (No front line 25 year olds at my Porche dealer nor my business for sure.)

My DS was just promoted to regional manager which is truly frightening as I haven't heard from him at all unless I initiated the call.
The growing pains at Tesla are revealing (and perpetuating) themselves.

SMH with a #1393xx and no production in sight........but hey, at least now I can complain to the new regional manager. :D
It's a fair assessment.
It's up to Tesla to hire the right talent base to manage user expectation. I don't care what the age demographic is ... just the end result and it's simple: Make your customers comfortable with the delivery expectations and experiences.
I've read enough here to know that some of the soon-to-be owners are pretty much completely in the dark and don't know what to expect. I think that's fundamentally a terrible customer service experience, and it's unfair.
Whether Tesla cares or not because their cars are so awesome is another thing. It's up to the soon-to-be customers to make them care, if it's important.
Maybe it's not ... but if I were to take the pulse of contributors to this thread ... I'd say it very much is.

I'd be glad to do so privately, but out of respect for the DS, I won't post their name on a forum behind their back and hold it here in perpetuity. I'm not 100% convinced the DS is solely at fault for the unpredictability of the schedule, and their words don't mean much if the underlying data is constantly shifting. Plus I believe that people are capable of changing and if some day down the road this person makes more of an effort to respond to customers diligently, I don't want this thread to remind them of the past :)

FWIW, My DS called me after my email to corporate, but we only reached a mutual understanding of dissatisfaction with no resolution. I was told that they are "ahead of schedule" (which was blood-boiling to hear, because it's still much delayed compared to the late may - early june initial estimate). No more details than that, and repeated the same estimate that my production will start first two weeks of June and will arrive late June.

Reactions: vtvox and rcsting
I confirmed my S70 on 4/27. At the time of ordering, the estimate on the website was Late May to June. During the "waiting", I've seen it shift to Late June to July. Overall, the lack of detailed information about the progress of the car was concerning. I'm usually the person "behind the curtain" and not know what was going on was frustrating to say the least. I'm sure if I was given detailed information on the status of the car, delay or no delay, I would've had a much happier experience. (E.g. Your car is currently waiting for parts to arrive, Your car is delayed 1 week due to factory refit for the Refresh, Your car is delayed 1-2 days due to stoppage on the assembly line, etc.) In the aggregate, I would say that the timing was accurate. (Though n=1, so I guess I can't say for sure.) I'm picking my car up on Thursday. The worst thing was the waiting. I'm sure once I start driving my car around, I'll forget all the pain of waiting and just enjoy the car.

Overall, if I actually end up driving the car away on Thursday, confirmation to delivery would have been 43 agonizing, information-less days.

S70 Titanium Metallic Pano Premium Interiors VA Delivery

Reactions: Big-Al
It's interesting how eager all of us are to constantly get updates regarding our orders.

When I ordered my Range Rover Sport, I had to wait 4 months, with ZERO UPDATES - and no website with status information.

After considering the information that Tesla provides, and how short the overall turn around time for orders is --- I'm inclined to say that TESLA owners (including myself) are SPOILED :D

I confirmed my S70 on 4/27. At the time of ordering, the estimate on the website was Late May to June. During the "waiting", I've seen it shift to Late June to July. Overall, the lack of detailed information about the progress of the car was concerning. I'm usually the person "behind the curtain" and not know what was going on was frustrating to say the least. I'm sure if I was given detailed information on the status of the car, delay or no delay, I would've had a much happier experience. (E.g. Your car is currently waiting for parts to arrive, Your car is delayed 1 week due to factory refit for the Refresh, Your car is delayed 1-2 days due to stoppage on the assembly line, etc.) In the aggregate, I would say that the timing was accurate. (Though n=1, so I guess I can't say for sure.) I'm picking my car up on Thursday. The worst thing was the waiting. I'm sure once I start driving my car around, I'll forget all the pain of waiting and just enjoy the car.

Overall, if I actually end up driving the car away on Thursday, confirmation to delivery would have been 43 agonizing, information-less days.

S70 Titanium Metallic Pano Premium Interiors VA Delivery
The only saving grace for us in Texas is that we're one of the states where payment has to be complete before they'll ship . . . so we have a better idea once we're in production of shipping dates.

I'd be glad to do so privately, but out of respect for the DS, I won't post their name on a forum behind their back and hold it here in perpetuity. I'm not 100% convinced the DS is solely at fault for the unpredictability of the schedule, and their words don't mean much if the underlying data is constantly shifting. Plus I believe that people are capable of changing and if some day down the road this person makes more of an effort to respond to customers diligently, I don't want this thread to remind them of the past :)

FWIW, My DS called me after my email to corporate, but we only reached a mutual understanding of dissatisfaction with no resolution. I was told that they are "ahead of schedule" (which was blood-boiling to hear, because it's still much delayed compared to the late may - early june initial estimate). No more details than that, and repeated the same estimate that my production will start first two weeks of June and will arrive late June.
Completely understandable but I wouldn't share your loyalty and respect for someone who didn't provide you the level of service you expected. If someone does a bad tint job, or any sort of install, I'd want to know about that as a fellow consumer.
You were disenchanted enough to ask for another DS ... that's how bad it was.
I agree that some things are out of the hands of the DS ... and I'd never expect them to be oncall to my status whims or know every in and out of an exact vehicle's production. But isn't it fair to ask for transparency, and if not that, then hey, just simply respond to me, within 24 hours, if I have an inquiry? I mean is it that hard to do?
You only buy a $100k vehicle, heck, maybe once in your life, and probably not routinely. It's their job to manage expectations and BTW enhance customer service if they can. But going dark or being evasive is not doing either of those things.
It's not an inquisition of DSs ... I'm sure most are doing a great job. I've been reading this thread and I don't get the vibe that a lot of folks are exactly thrilled with their current delivery experience. That's just my read here.
As for me ... I'm getting my car faster than I expected. I had minimal interaction with my DS, none that I even initiated until recently because the car is now sitting in Denver waiting for pickup, so that's GO TIME. BTW right now, I seem to have a new DS ... who is uber responsive and proactive ... which quite frankly, I really like even though it wasn't required in my situation until now. I didn't request that at all.
In any case ... I hope your situation improves ... all that matters here in my book.

Well I tipped my hand ... my car in now in Denver, and I've scheduled a delivery appointment for Friday.
Confirmed on 5/10. Just working out final numbers and that is all. Really excited and who wouldn't be. Only a few more days and I'm honestly thrilled to be taking possession on a custom car order confirmed only 1 month ago.
I'd challenge Toyota or GMC to do the same on a custom order!

It's interesting how eager all of us are to constantly get updates regarding our orders.

When I ordered my Range Rover Sport, I had to wait 4 months, with ZERO UPDATES - and no website with status information.

After considering the information that Tesla provides, and how short the overall turn around time for orders is --- I'm inclined to say that TESLA owners (including myself) are SPOILED :D
Great perspective right here.

The only saving grace for us in Texas is that we're one of the states where payment has to be complete before they'll ship . . . so we have a better idea once we're in production of shipping dates.
Wow, didn't know this - and this type of info would be great to know. I will verify with my DS, but if you are correct this is a pretty significant 'omission' in the rather detailed "what to expect" myriad of emails I have received.

T

There must be some contact lenses for this condition

There might be, but I didn't do well with contacts when I tried them many years ago. When I was researching yesterday I did come across a new technique for cataract surgery in which the new eye lens can be color corrected.

Yes one can hope. To be fair, I initially did not take the earliest time slot and then had it moved to the earliest fairly soon after confirmation date. Picking up in Portland and hope to have a date range by the end of the week.

I took delivery in Portland yesterday. The Portland location has become a zoo and the delivery place has been moved to the back of an industrial park about 500 feet south. They have those sandwich boards up to guide people to the delivery location. We went to the service center first and had trouble finding a parking spot. There must have been 50 Teslas around there and two trucks unloading new ones. The delivery guy said they have a lot of cars in right now because a lot of 2013s are coming off lease and getting turned in right now so they need to get a lot of cars ready for resale. The lease program started in April 2013.

I wonder if Tesla got to pick the address of the service center, it's 16444 SW 72nd, and the battery pack on the 85/90 has 16 X 444 cells in it. It makes the address easy to remember, but the delivery center is now around 16350. We missed it the first time, but if you are coming north on 72nd, there is a red sandwich board on the curb with a Tesla logo on it. Turn into that driveway and look for more sandwich boards. They guide you around to the southern side of the industrial park in a little nondescript office space.

My car was stashed in a bay sort of like a storage locker next door. It was all very ad hoc, but they said Tesla right now is negotiating the lease on a much nicer location that is more of a storefront kind of place for deliveries. They indicated deliveries used to be at the Service Center, but they had to move. It looks like they are doing some of the delivery prep in yet another place in the industrial park where deliveries are done. When we left we saw a number of cars that looked new getting checked out in the same park. The cars just off the truck were at the service center though.

We were a little late because of the misdirection just thought I would FYI for anyone else who hasn't been there before. It would be a great place to go and Tesla watch. I saw a lot of Model Xs as well as a Roadster and a sig red Model S. That sig red color sure is a nice red and I don't usually like red.