Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up 1 week ago and had treated with Opticoat inside and out. Has 19 inch Goodyear Eagles. Does anyone know if it has Biodefense mode? I can't seem to find it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    647.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    617 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Reactions: Big-Al and Mimzil
For the guys in New Jersey. I suppose we're just sitting quietly and waiting. My update is that the car is in transit from factory; delivery window is June 20 - 27th. my production had started on 6/6 looked like it finished this past Friday 6/10. In any case, the cars are coming by truck, so when they say delivery estimate, is that the delivery to the local center in Paramus or you taking delivery of the vehicle within that time frame above.
Monday is the 20th, so this week just is pretty much blah week, just sitting and counting stones. Now my DS has never contacted me to give me any info on this stuff (like in transit, we expect things here by this or that time-nothing), terrible DS I have, has anyone contacted you guys to schedule possible pick ups or give you guys any ETA on things?
Finally got a call on Saturday... Taking delivery in Paramus this coming Saturday... They are swamped. Now intermittent updates along the way here either.. Not bad service, just silence.

Garage painted, supplies ready, DS will soon be in the past.;)

Picked up 1 week ago and had treated with Opticoat inside and out. Has 19 inch Goodyear Eagles. Does anyone know if it has Biodefense mode? I can't seem to find it.

To add to golfingBuddha (below), you can access Biodefense mode in the climate screen. It is next to the 'fresh air' and 'recycled air' buttons. It looks like a biohazard icon.

Biodefense mode comes in the refresh model if you get the interior upgrade option.

Hope this isn't crass but I have a delivery etiquette question. For those of you lucky enough to have a good DS, are you slipping them a little gratuity on pickup? Mine has been pretty responsive so I want to acknowledge his effort but it occurs to me the amount may be somewhat arbitrary. I remember reading another poster slipped his DS $500 early on and magically received his car in just a few short weeks. Could be a tall tail and this certainly wasn't my experience, but reading the frustrations of others makes me feel like I was relatively fortunate at least in terms of communication. Curious to hear any thoughts

Hope this isn't crass but I have a delivery etiquette question. For those of you lucky enough to have a good DS, are you slipping them a little gratuity on pickup? Mine has been pretty responsive so I want to acknowledge his effort but it occurs to me the amount may be somewhat arbitrary. I remember reading another poster slipped his DS $500 early on and magically received his car in just a few short weeks. Could be a tall tail and this certainly wasn't my experience, but reading the frustrations of others makes me feel like I was relatively fortunate at least in terms of communication. Curious to hear any thoughts
I've been wondering the same thing. I'd like to do something for my DS and crew, but I wasn't sure what was appropriate? Donuts? Money? Haha.

Reactions: AxelF

For me it was a differant person that actually delivered the car. I never met my DS. The best thing you can do is answer the survey as well as send an email to Tesla praising your DS

The least you can do is give them a great survey score if they were responsive. Now if you slip them some cash initially, then you might get special treatment. I personally made sure I took care of the service rep and it paid off.

Finally got a call on Saturday... Taking delivery in Paramus this coming Saturday... They are swamped. Now intermittent updates along the way here either.. Not bad service, just silence.

Garage painted, supplies ready, DS will soon be in the past.;)
I hear that. My status on the Tesla page says that the car is in transit from the factory. Delivery ETA is 6/20 - 27. Hoping that I am called for a pickup that 24th on Saturday... I know they're busy, but hey nothing changes for us, we still pay the same prices, we deserve the attention, it's not a cheap car we're purchasing, so the service needs to match. This is opening the door for more concerns. As Teslas flood the streets more and more and that is inevitable (especially with model 3 coming around in a year or two). The need for service, convenience will grow, the lack of service centers to care for these customers will also grow. The next few years should be quite interesting, I'm curious to see the direction of the company as well.
In any case you should get your car soon and I don't suppose mine should be too far away... it's been a journey...

For those in the bay area, how long did it take once your car is production status to the actual delivery date? Our status just changed to "In Production" but back on 6/2 our DS told us that our car will be going into production in a few days. Also, our sales rep was able to look in the back end to see that end of line production is 6/6. What does this all mean?! Hope we get our car soon! any insight will be helpful!

For those in the bay area, how long did it take once your car is production status to the actual delivery date? Our status just changed to "In Production" but back on 6/2 our DS told us that our car will be going into production in a few days. Also, our sales rep was able to look in the back end to see that end of line production is 6/6. What does this all mean?! Hope we get our car soon! any insight will be helpful!

S70D / VIN: 1442xx
Fremont Pickup
Confirmed/VIN 5/17
In Production 6/2
Production Complete 6/6
Delivery 6/17 (Could have been 6/8 or 6/9 but my DS was on holiday, 6/17 is my choice)