Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo I ordered 6/21 and did some digging on this because I couldn't find the button either. Well it turns out, they removed the feature a few days before ordered. I called Fremont and they confirmed that it's now mandatory to wait 7 days. I spoke with my store contact and she said she got it "pushed through" but I don't think it really helped. Still got my VIN exactly 1 week after ordering. HTH

So I ordered on 6/16 and got confirmed on 6/23 and I got my VIN on 6/24. Must have something to do with getting orders in their system with VIN's before the end of the quarter also.

I confirmed on 6/3, but my vehicle is still in production and I haven't received an exact date range. When I first ordered it was June/July, then it changed to July/August. This is so disappointing.

Maybe if I didn't take that 24 hour Model S test drive this past weekend, I wouldn't be so anxious. lol.

whats a 24 hour test drive? did you rent a model s for the weekend?

Picked up my S90D at the Houston North SC yesterday. Many thanks go to Susan, Whitney, and Dayan who made the order through delivery experience first rate! The My Tesla page was always a little behind on updates, but ~60 days order to delivery for a custom made car...works for me.

I only have 70 or so miles on the car so far, but I have quite the grin right now. A few notes and initial impressions:
  • No cosmetic issues with the car. Body panels aligned well and no paint defects.
  • Daytime running lights are working correctly.
  • No wind noise or rattles so far.
  • Slacker and My Tesla apps worked before I left the SC.
  • I detected a very slight whine from the front end on hard acceleration with the AC and radio off. Can't hear a thing otherwise. This car is quiet!
  • It was 98 degrees outside, but the AC set at 74 was plenty cold. (No pano roof or window tint, btw.)
  • Of course, liked the overall power, but LOVED the instant acceleration. Point and go!
  • I'm 6'2" and like the seat all the way back. I have at least 1.5" of headroom. (Not so fortunate in the back seat, but I don't plan to be there...ever.)
  • Used the air suspension to keep from scraping on a sloped parking lot. 19" wheels with air is a great mix of compliant and sporty.
  • The low, low center of gravity is the real gem here. Surprising that a car this heavy actually feels pretty nimble.
  • Logged about 30 miles on Autopilot, mostly in stop and go on I-10. It got a little iffy while passing a couple of exit ramps, but I never had to take control. Wonderful feature and very cool!
Enough for now. Didn't mean for this to sound like a fanboy post and I plan on writing a more balanced post later, but seriously...:D:D:D:D:D.
Congrats! I'm interested to know about your DRLs S mine are still not working. What does it show on your settings screen, and what version are you on?

Err, this is just not on at all! One pic?

We'll need many more I beg you! From every angle!! For me its this exact configuration and colour except I'll add SAS, or the base white colour with white seats.

No prob!

Attachments

• 20160626_124030.jpg
    20160626_124030.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20160626_124020.jpg
    20160626_124020.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20160626_104428.jpg
    20160626_104428.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 20160626_104153.jpg
    20160626_104153.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160626_104220.jpg
    20160626_104220.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Reekdog
Congrats! I'm interested to know about your DRLs S mine are still not working. What does it show on your settings screen, and what version are you on?
I had the lights set on AUTO during the daytime. The DRLs were on when the vehicle was not in park. As to the version, I am not sure. I've dropped it off to get tint and wrap and likely will not see the car until late next week. Sorry.

Soooo I ordered 6/21 and did some digging on this because I couldn't find the button either. Well it turns out, they removed the feature a few days before ordered. I called Fremont and they confirmed that it's now mandatory to wait 7 days. I spoke with my store contact and she said she got it "pushed through" but I don't think it really helped. Still got my VIN exactly 1 week after ordering. HTH
Yea, I could not find it either so I called my SC and asked about it. They told me that it would not matter if I did that right now because it would not speed anything up.

6/7 Ordered 70D w/Autopilot, Premium Upgrade Pkg, Deep Blue Metalic Paint, Panoramic Roof, Grey Next Gen Seats
6/9 Changed order to 60D added Smart Air Suspension, Ultra High Fidelity Sound
6/13 Confirmed
6/28 In production
6/30 "You Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory"
Expected Delivery July 20 - August 3

Hapadakara - I also confirmed on the 14th, and went into production today, picking up in Fremont.

However... just to temper expectations, my understanding is that the factory closed today for the holiday, and will not reopen until the 6th...

So who knows when we'll be able to pick up our babies?

Order near the end of the quarter so they rush it through hoping to make delivery for the quarterly call.

If the factory would run with consistent output, then generally, then deliveries should be consistent across the quarter. Musk said "we won't do end of quarter pushes anymore" a while back. And June was a really big push here in North America. Also, the DS model "feels good" but could definitely be done entirely by computer. I don't know if it can scale to the level of Model 3 quantity.

Last edited:
I had the lights set on AUTO during the daytime. The DRLs were on when the vehicle was not in park. As to the version, I am not sure. I've dropped it off to get tint and wrap and likely will not see the car until late next week. Sorry.
I think our cars passed each other at EVS. . . I'm pretty sure yours was sitting in the lot on the east side of the parking lot when I left with mine yesterday morning around 10:30? My mom took me to pick it up and when I returned to drop her off at her car, I think I saw yours. I'm amazed at how little heat I felt through the pano on the way back to work (I had photo synch 35 put on the pano, rear, and back seat windows and 45 on the front seat). I was amazed at how much shinier it looked after the wrap and I think they threw in the paint correction (to the extent it needed any).

I am so jealous of all the people having there tesla already. I need some distraction for another 4 weeks until mine is ready. I am sure others have been in the same shoes but I feel like the left behind child in school. Tesla you have some serious fan
I waited one day short of 9 weeks from confirmation (10 weeks from order) to get mine (of course it took almost a week to truck it to Houston from CA . . . fortunately it wasn't by rail or it would have taken almost 2 weeks). What was harder was dropping it off for its wrap and tint (another 6 days). So I FINALLY have mine after having placed my order on April 16!

I waited one day short of 9 weeks from confirmation (10 weeks from order) to get mine (of course it took almost a week to truck it to Houston from CA . . . fortunately it wasn't by rail or it would have taken almost 2 weeks). What was harder was dropping it off for its wrap and tint (another 6 days). So I FINALLY have mine after having placed my order on April 16![/QUOTE

post pictures of your wrap and tint when you can

5/20 Testdrive
5/26 Order complete - 90D - Midnight Silver, Pano, 19" Cyclone, Nex Gen seats, Matte Obeche, AP, Premium, Subzero.
5/31 Order confirmed
5/31 VIN assigned; 1460xx
6/17 In production
6/28 Arrival at Cleveland SvC
6/30 Proposed pickup at 4 pm - delayed due to parking brake malfunction. New pickup not yet determined.

Took delivery on Tuesday and the only issue I had was the chargeport getting stuck because of the rain. Press the port back in until the light goes out to make sure port is closed. I will check if it opens better when it stops raining....

I have no issue of it opening but the sensor just would not detect it being closed...

I have tried closing, pressing and holding it but just doesn't work... Car will only sense the door closed if I pushed the door in and hold on to it but then it would just say door open once I stopped applying pressure on it.

Now my charge port door is just constantly open according to my car... Which is really annoying...