Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They must have it hidden...it wasn't on the lot anywhere - I didn't go as far as looking in the service bays. Just adds to the anticipation. There was a new Model X in Titanium where they park the demos - it looked really nice - I think I'll be pleased with the color.

I got confirmed on 7/4, VIN 150XXX on 7/5, with delivery scheduled for August - Early September. Just got an auto-email from my DS so checked My Tesla page and is now showing delivery for "Late July - August". Hope it's closer to Late July than August, I'm running out of posts to read. :)

We have the same confirmation and VIN date, and are about the same distance from the factory. My DS email yesterday said to plan on 3 to 5 weeks.

20160707_190948.jpg
A little something to keep you guys going. Two weeks post delivery and opti coat. Thank you Joe Torbati!

Does anyone know when the display changes on MyTesla from a "late-early" timeline to a more specific 13th-20th or something like that? Once it hits production?

I'm pretty sure the range changes from vague to slightly less vague (i.e. with actual dates) when the car leaves the factory to sit in the yard and let the shipping folks start planning its trip. That's the day it changed for mine.

They must have it hidden...it wasn't on the lot anywhere - I didn't go as far as looking in the service bays. Just adds to the anticipation. There was a new Model X in Titanium where they park the demos - it looked really nice - I think I'll be pleased with the color.
You WILL be pleased with the color. Took delivery of my Titanium S90D last week and it was gorgeous. Unfortunately, I'm out of town now and won't be able to pick it up after window tint and wrap until next week. Almost wanting my vacation to end early...:rolleyes:

Reactions: ploon94
the titanium on the refresh looks great, saw one a couple weeks ago, it was my second choice somewhat more conservative than the blue. Maybe later on in life

Returned the Volt at 2pm. Went to eat a late lunch near the SC killing time until 4pm pickup. 330 the DS calls me. There are paint irregularities on the hood. Do I want to delay delivery or take it and bring it back later for a paint optimization.... Lol. I had already returned the Volt... No going back now. So they agreed to fix the paint issue... Seems the plastic they wrap for shipping causes some wear or burn on the clear coat occasionally. It's barely noticeable. So I'm glad they were upfront and told me in advance.

For those wondering he said mine was truck transport. And my short delivery was an outlier likely caused by someone with a very similar configuration canceling right when mine was due to queue up. He's seen them swap people in like that before. It's a random thing.

We did the walk around where they showed me a few spots they saw. We checked the inside. Then they had me log into MyTesla where they had me use that new nifty Accept Delivery button. Signed Ppwk. Did the orientation.

They had the iPhone charger installed and we have Droids so they had service swap that out for us. Seemed like an oddity that we weren't iPhone people.

10 miles on the odometer. 180 miles of charge at 90% fill.

They took our picture out front. Post that later.

And I drove home.

I'll probably be sitting in it all night setting things up. If you need me I'll be in the garage. :-D

Oh and we all think the color is great... Both at the SC and us. They hadn't seen our combination in person yet so it's at least a little unique to our area.
Thanks for your support everyone. It's worth the wait.

Reactions: Austral