Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 coats of duragloss at home before getting scotchguard, no need for opticoat or anything of the sort

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 72
Got it.

GREAT experience. GREAT Car (so far)

Frank and Tyler at Marietta were awesome. Could not have been nicer, more helpful or more efficient.

Tyler doing some instruction/setup/orientation with the wife. (forgot to get a photo with Frank)
View attachment 185604

My completely geeked out son and I. Unfortunate front plate holder still on. (Not for long.)
View attachment 185605

Silver Sport Pedals I ordered from the tesla store. I didn't know if they made it there in time, but there they were. Nice touch in my opinion. Makes the pedals stand out nicely against the black.
View attachment 185606

48Amps off the 60Amp-circuit HPWC installed in the garage yesterday. Thumbs up. (TE Electric in ATL)

View attachment 185610

After Plate Holder Removal. Muuuuuch better!

10-15 Minute Job (with a tool that can get those star bolts started). Son and I went to HD and Lowes and neither had the 90-degree needle nose. Then I remembered that I had a pair of these snap ring pliers at home. Channellock 8 in. Retaining Ring Pliers-927 - The Home Depot worked like a champ. 2 min to get the bolts off. grab bottom of bracket and start pulling. slow easy, increasing pressure. Once it starts to move, move your hands up behind it to get more leverage. most important thing is to go SLOW...and steady. most of the double sided tape will come off easily this way. I didn't have to use any heat or solvent or anything. 10-15 minutes total including a wax of the area behind it.

View attachment 185615

Went by Butler to have the 21" Gray Turbines mounted, but they were super backed up and couldn't get to me today. Monday it is. No worry.

Once those are on and we get to some tint, we are fully operational!

All in all great experience and definitely worth the wait. 6 Weeks for me from Confirmation to Delivery in ATL.

Thanks to all the fellow 'Deliver Update' Forum commiserators. Enjoy the wait as best you can. It's worth it.

And now it's raining. :( I guess I need to go sit in it in the garage again.
:cool:Congratulations! Looks great!! Sounds like the whole family is excited, too. :)

Woke up to a nice surprise. "Your Tesla has been built". With local pickup it says July 19-26, I have to believe it will be on the shorter end of that given that it just requires "driving it outside the factory!". So about 3 days to build and just under 3 weeks since VIN received. Wonder how long it takes to "prep" the car for delivery and hope they check it over thoroughly. As a reference point I found the My Tesla page about a day or so behind emails or what DS told me.

The wait has been about as difficult as anything I've waited for. Which seems crazy given I'm 57. I've now had 20 cars in my years and this hands down has been the most anticipated and most exciting to receive. I will soon be on to another of the many posts here and leaving this one. I checked this post every few hours for the last three weeks to see what others have experienced which just heightened the excitement. Thanks to all of you. But before I leave I'll be sure to leave full details and pictures when received.

For those interested, I financed a portion through Alliant. Still 1.49% for 60 months. They are continuing that rate for a few more months. About the best rate I could find. A little slow, I'm still waiting on paperwork to sign from them.

I used a Tesla recommended installer for the Tesla wall charger. Had four other quotes and all were ridiculous. It still was a lot more than I expected but went the permit route so that added cost. Although I consider my house fairly new, it is 20 years old and just doesn't have the power to it (125 a) as others have. My panel was nearly full so was only able to get 25 amps to the charger. Going beyond that required retrenching (we have underground wires) and full panel replacement. This would have been prohibitive ($10K plus). Especially since I can charge for free at work everyday.

Wondering if I will have to ask for SWAG or will it be just given to me?

Now that I have written all of this, I still have to wait a few more days before delivery. Wonder what I can do to get my mind of this waiting..I guess I can replace my F5 refresh button on my keyboard!

Last edited:
Woke up to a nice surprise. "Your Tesla has been built". With local pickup it says July 19-26, I have to believe it will be on the shorter end of that given that it just requires "driving it outside the factory!". So about 3 days to build and just under 3 weeks since VIN received. Wonder how long it takes to "prep" the car for delivery and hope they check it over thoroughly. As a reference point I found the My Tesla page about a day or so behind emails or what DS told me.

The wait has been about as difficult as anything I've waited for. Which seems crazy given I'm 57. I've now had 20 cars in my years and this hands down has been the most anticipated and most exciting to receive. I will soon be on to another of the many posts here and leaving this one. I checked this post every few hours for the last three weeks to see what others have experienced which just heightened the excitement. Thanks to all of you. But before I leave I'll be sure to leave full details and pictures when received.

For those interested, I financed a portion through Alliant. Still 1.49% for 60 months. They are continuing that rate for a few more months. About the best rate I could find. A little slow, I'm still waiting on paperwork to sign from them.

I used a Tesla recommended installer for the Tesla wall charger. Had four other quotes and all were ridiculous. It still was a lot more than I expected but went the permit route so that added cost. Although I consider my house fairly new, it is 20 years old and just doesn't have the power to it (125 a) as others have. My panel was nearly full so was only able to get 25 amps to the charger. Going beyond that required retrenching (we have underground wires) and full panel replacement. This would have been prohibitive ($10K plus). Especially since I can charge for free at work everyday.

Wondering if I will have to ask for SWAG or will it be just given to me?

Now that I have written all of this, I still have to wait a few more days before delivery. Wonder what I can do to get my mind of this waiting..I guess I can replace my F5 refresh button on my keyboard!

No SWAG received here at delivery - I was told I'd get a package in the mail with new silicone keyfobs. o_O

Today's update from the DS: "Your Model S has not yet reached our rail hub. We are, however, still on track for an early August delivery." That was in response to the question: Is my car in Birmingham today?

For good people in DC metro, I confirmed 27 June.

I suspect our cars are on the same train. I hit "In Transit" on July 11th and my delivery window is showing July 31st to August 14th.

I haven't really been bothering my DS. Maybe I'll start bugging him to find out when the train arrives and you can give your DS a break. :)

Heard back from my DS as he made contact for the first time after VIN# last Wednesday.

Seems like a great guy, upbeat. Lots of !!!!!

He stated he will send all necessary documents to my Alliant contact, get trade in info, and told me to buckle in as delivery should be end of August versus the early september timeframe on MyTesla but we shall see.