Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very helpful information. I have done the title application and tax accessory thing before since I moved my cars from California to Texas when I moved. However, I was ok driving with my CA license plates for a period of time. What were you given to put on the car in lieu of plate during this period of time? CA temporary license or something else? I doubt you were able to get away without any sort of license during this week.

Yes a California temporary license is supplied. It gets put in the rear window during delivery, they also supply the inspection paperwork that you will need to show the tax office.

Well I feel I sort of abandoned you all since I took delivery a week ago. Mea culpa, but... Crazy fun goodness! It's horrible torment when you're waiting, trying to get a morsel of hope, or a glimmer of understanding about how things happen, and why, and mostly when. Your car will arrive, it might be perfect (mine is), it might be sooner or later (mine was a couple of days later, because it needed to be perfect). You're doing your part to save the planet, just sayin'.. Righteous was never this shiny until now... Breathe, patience, and oh yeah, you must do the factory tour, no matter how far away you are, all will be revealed...

Reactions: ColBatGuano
I echo what many have said before - no matter the wait, it is worth it. Took delivery today. It's amazing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 67
Yup. If you are over 740, you can basically finance the full amount including tax. This might also depend on the ceiling that could be set based on other factors I'm sure but they were willing to cover everything (I was only going to pay $5000). This was brought to my attention when my loan went through underwriting.

I was told that you could go as high as 105% loan-to-value. Tesla's lending calculator has a max link that will put the loan amount at 105% of sticker price plus destination charge. In California, taxes are higher than 5%, so even with that, there's still some cash down you have to do.

• Helpful
Reactions: stormos
I was told that you could go as high as 105% loan-to-value. Tesla's lending calculator has a max link that will put the loan amount at 105% of sticker price plus destination charge. In California, taxes are higher than 5%, so even with that, there's still some cash down you have to do.

That makes sense. I wasn't sure where the upper limit was as I planned on paying $5000 which was more than 5% of total cost.

Doubt that's the hold up, looking at the data for US, Factory Pickup, 75kWh (or software limited) vehicles with Deep blue the delay from confirm to production is only slightly longer than the overall average delay for all such vehicles.
Perhaps historically that has been true, but is that true within the last 7 weeks? It could be that recently there is some issue with the Deep Blue paint. In the earnings release there was mention of new paint line set up relating to the Model 3. Could that be having some impact? Are those new paint lines being used now for the Model S/X?

Mine is Deep Blue as well. It went into production yesterday. However, there wasn't any delay as such - the DS said over a week ago that it would build this week, and it did. It's been slated for mid-August delivery since when I ordered it in late June, and remains on track.

Just got an email from my DS! (Coming to Dallas). "
Hey Brandon!

You beat me to the punch! Your Model S looks like it is now loaded on a truck and should be leaving Fremont today! We estimate it will land here early next week, but we will still need a couple days to charge, inbound process, and detail your car for you. So the earliest we can safely plan for delivery would be next Thursday the 11th as early as 10am. We do have other appointments available throughout the day, so let me know a time that works best with your schedule and we will get everything ready to go!

Best,"

Doubt that's the hold up, looking at the data for US, Factory Pickup, 75kWh (or software limited) vehicles with Deep blue the delay from confirm to production is only slightly longer than the overall average delay for all such vehicles.

I would agree with this. I ordered a Deep Blue and the paint color seems to have had no impact on mine. I still believe the obeche matte selection held me up a week or two though.

I seem to be falling behind people who ordered after me as well.

Confirmed July 10th, still in production que.

S60
White
Pano
Matte obeche trim
Black next gen seats
Autopilot

My DS is expecting an early September delivery which would make order to delivery about 9 weeks. That's interesting to me since some get theirs in less than half that time st 4-6 weeks

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
@Buddy my DS made it sound like it's pretty arbitrary on people who get into production earlier than expected... sometimes there is an opening or they're running farther ahead and if a car has all the parts sitting there ready to go it gets pushed into production early. But they have planned production windows and seems like for the most part they are keeping on track with those currently... but definitely frustrating for those of us watching people get the early slots and feel like we are falling behind.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear