Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now on to the new torture... waiting for the vehicle to finish production & schedule delivery :D

For what it's worth, MyTesla page changed for me on 8/6 to "In production", the delivery window updated on 8/8, and today on 8/10 status changed to "in transit from the factory" and the delivery window changed again to a specific two-week period (9/1-9/15). I have not received an email from Tesla during any of those changes so it really does seem that results may vary.

If anyone can update the spreadsheet (it's not letting me) my production complete date is today 8/10.

So after 36 days of waiting after confirming, just got an email from my DS that my Model S has entered production. Seems production has slowed some as he was indicating it's taking roughly 7-10 days to complete Model S production currently. This might also explain the delay for owners going into production over last month.

But exciting to be finally a step closer to having my Model S vs waiting on it.

I am so happy to read this! Congrats! I think I am next in line behind you for waiting to be in production. 31 days since confirm date awaiting production start. My DS said to expect 22Aug.

Reactions: javawolfpack
Congrats to everyone that went into Production.

I'm still in Production but my DS confirmed that the final quality checks were done and my payment was due. Done with Alliant as well since I sent in the final paperwork earlier today. The experience wasn't as smooth as some other members here (will start a separate thread on that). Still no idea about whether the loan got funded yet. The Loan Officer said I was all set (heard that several times when I wasn't actually 'all set'). Let's see tomorrow.

My DS confirmed that upon payment, they will start getting the vehicle ready for shipment and I will have an ETA for delivery (woo hoo!).

Reactions: javawolfpack
But my DS couple of weeks ago gave me MVPA with delivery date of Aug 23. I am guessing they can meetthe date only if it come by truck to texas provided no issues in production.
My car is supposed to be delivered on Monday & I still don't have my MVPA. My loan application was approved last week by Alliant & my DS said he'd get me the MVPA, but I still don't have it.

Sooo... I took delivery early today! It was scheduled for tomorrow.. :D

Attachments

• IMG_6281.JPG
    IMG_6281.JPG
    425 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6278.JPG
    IMG_6278.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 66
So after 36 days of waiting after confirming, just got an email from my DS that my Model S has entered production. Seems production has slowed some as he was indicating it's taking roughly 7-10 days to complete Model S production currently. This might also explain the delay for owners going into production over last month.

But exciting to be finally a step closer to having my Model S vs waiting on it.

My DS emailed me that I entered production today and MyTesla updated, but got no email from Tesla? But who cares, I'm in production with a projected delivery date of Sept 10th. Not bad for Honolulu:)

My own MyTesla status updated from 'In Transit' to 'Production Complete' today. I was under the impression those two statuses would be in reverse. Maybe they count movement on the assembly line as 'In Transit' now. In any case, my delivery appointment was set up before MyTesla updated, and Alliant has come through as well .

Mine did as well and I've been on a train for over a week now so not sure what that means.

Reactions: Austin Powers
Hello folks, i guess i'm joining the family, here's my stats.
Confirmed the 27th of July
VIN was received a couple of days after in August.
As of today, i'm still in the production queue, my DS tells me they will try to get it as soon as possible.
Estimated Delivery Late September - October.

Can't wait... :)

Reactions: Odebek