Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How aggravating. I know I'm not the only one and that others have worse stories, but is there anything worse than being told by your DS that your production will start "this (last) weekend" or "early next (this) week", wake up excited because it's now "early next week", and your estimated date goes from "late august - sept" to "sept - early oct".

Grr.

Ha - I'm in Fairfax, VA. I think we've got somewhere around $150 EV fees from the state and some ridiculous amount of property taxes every year?

Meh, meh. Price we pay for a functioning democracy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fairfax is still better, wait to hear what Loudoun is going to charge after I get the car, $4 for every $100 is assessed fee as property tax on top of $65 EV car penalty from Virginia. How come other states see EV as benefit while virginia loves to tax them more.....

Last edited:
For those waiting on delivery. It will come soon and you can wash your car every other day like I do :)
Mine was filthy after 2 long drives in the past 2 days. Cleaned it up nice and just had to take more pics.
August2016 (44).jpg

My order was confirmed 8/27 and I have a delivery estimate of Late Oct-Nov.

I got the destination fee waived too and I emailed to confirm that I would be getting the discount. My sales person emailed my delivery team and the finance team to make sure that I got the discount. We will see what happens.

I also emailed them to find out why my delivery window is much later then the quoted September when I placed the order. I have yet to hear back from them.

My order was confirmed 8/27 and I have a delivery estimate of Late Oct-Nov.

I got the destination fee waived too and I emailed to confirm that I would be getting the discount. My sales person emailed my delivery team and the finance team to make sure that I got the discount. We will see what happens.

I also emailed them to find out why my delivery window is much later then the quoted September when I placed the order. I have yet to hear back from them.
An S confirmed 8/27 and NOV delivery? that doesn't make sense. My X was confirmed 8/24 and was estimated late sept-Oct delivery. Estimate is 10/15 delivery give or take... start production 9/12