Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should have received an email notification when your VIN was generated. That would be the date.

I went through all the emails I got from Tesla very carefully just now, and did a deep search for VIN, but I still don't see it.

Is it supposed to correspond to any of these "auto-generated" emails subject lines?

• Thank you for your order
  • Your order has been confirmed
  • We Have Started Building your Tesla*
  • Tesla Motors Club Account Confirmation Required**
  • Your Tesla is Complete.
* This is the one I thought it would be - buyt nothing about the VIN in the email. For my bit, one day when I logged in I had a VIN but I can't remember which of these emails was the previous I received when I did that.

** I'm just teasing about this one. :)

PS: Some of these subject lines are Proper Cased. Some are not. Some have punctuation. And some do not It's surprising inconsistent! I thought maybe they were building up.

It should go like this:
  • Thank you for your order
  • Your order has been confirmed.
  • We Have Started Building your Tesla.
  • Your TESLA <MODEL NUMBER HERE> is complete!
  • YOUR TESLA HAS BEEN DELIVERED!!!!!!!!

I went through all the emails I got from Tesla very carefully just now, and did a deep search for VIN, but I still don't see it.
Added my car to the spreadsheet as listed on page 1, post 2 (Model S Order & Delivery 2016).

How do I find my Vin date, however? It was the one field I couldn't populate accurately?
Its usually assigned within 24 hours of your confirmation and sent in a separate email. If you don't have the email, just use your confirmation date, but do check your MyTesla account for your VIN to be certain you are real. :eek:

Here's my collection of emails in chronological order. Of course, these emails don't exactly correlate to the events they talk about. For instance, I knew that my MS was production complete days before I received the email.

Btw, I just realized that I've made it through the whole August waiting for my MS. Thank you all on TMC for holding my hand through this ordeal. :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-31-20-54-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-31-20-54-23.png
    336.9 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: alexvirital
If you don't have the email, just use your confirmation date, but do check your MyTesla account for your VIN to be certain you are real. :eek:

I never got that "Your Tesla has a VIN" email that @fallen888 shows (thanks for that by the way) and I'm positive about that. I've kept every email from Tesla diligently. Nothing trapped by SPAM either.

I just checked with my Delivery Advisor on this topic and she gave me the same date as my Confirmation Date, so I put that in the spreadsheet.

I wrote about this in a different thread before I found this one, but the "View Design Spec" link that generates a PDF was updated to reflect my P100DL upgrade. So that's cool. I attached both my original and the new one.

In the P100.pdf, you'll find that I am now paying $2500 for no front seats. ;)

I asked my delivery advisor about that as well. Not likely I'll get the new "Premium" seats and will have the "Next Gen" seats, but then again they told me that I wasn't going to be able to upgrade to the 100 battery until January. Even the configuration tool when configuring a brand new P100DL shows the "Next Gen" seats and not the "Premium Seats."

-V

Attachments

• Tesla Desgn-P90.pdf
    214.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Tesla Design-P100.pdf
    214.3 KB · Views: 86
Awesome news. My S is now out of production as I got an email saying that production is complete.

The MyTesla website still registers as "In Production" however, it did update and give me a delivery estimate.

September 21, 2016 - October 5, 2016

Which if coming in at October would make it almost 90 days since I originally ordered XD

Oh well, can't complain when you're this far right! :p

Reactions: K Hall
Just confirmed my order for a P100DL here in the UK and the delivery estimate in MyTesla went to March 2017 - Early April 2017. I know EU orders take a lot longer but that's a lot worse than I thought, especially as the website still says December for the same configuration. Hoping it will come down! Will update spreadsheet with info.
Ouch - I suppose we East-Coasters shouldn't be complaining so much about our 2-3 week train ride - looks like your's is going to have a much longer boat ride! But, that's going to be an awesome vehicle!! Congrats!!

I'm usually pretty lucky, but not this time, I guess. Ordered 8/9, VIN 8/17. Starting to see cars completed that were ordered after me, and me not in production yet.

Email to DS, no response. Call to DS, "he's busy -- he'll call you back." Nope.

Oh well.

I was in your shoes.

Ordered July 3rd. vin July 17th.

Delivery day September 3rd but I'm in Cali so shipping was short. Check the spreadsheet for the other dates.

Starting to see cars completed that were ordered after me, and me not in production yet.

Is the car in your signature the one that you ordered? If not, can you post your build? My dealer advisor kept using the term "sourcing parts" and I'm curious if we could venture a guess what makes yours take longer? Color choices? Mine went through the assembly line in 2 or 3 days if you believe the emails are accurate.

Is the car in your signature the one that you ordered? If not, can you post your build? My dealer advisor kept using the term "sourcing parts" and I'm curious if we could venture a guess what makes yours take longer? Color choices? Mine went through the assembly line in 2 or 3 days if you believe the emails are accurate.

Yes, my signature info is correct and also in the spreadsheet.

Note that I am now in production according to MyTesla. I did not get an email nor any DS communication.

@fallen888 any update on your delivery date?

I know my baby was off the train in Birmingham, Alabama on Monday or Tuesday of this week and waiting for truck pickup.

I've been told Monday (9/5) for delivery, that's a holiday and SC will be closed. So I'm expecting/hoping Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

I also requested priority prep service after SC receives car. Told them I had a rental I needed to get rid of ASAP. They seemed receptive to the request, so hopefully I won't need to wait a couple of days after truck delivers it.

Reactions: Model S M.D.