Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that used Alliant for lending:

What was the last step? I signed the documents they sent me and when I called back to ask what's next I was told all the loan officers were gone for the day. I pick up my car tomorrow so I want to make sure everything is complete.

MyTesla page shows my Tesla is fully paid although it did say that before I even began the loan paperwork.

What was the last step? I signed the documents they sent me and when I called back to ask what's next I was told all the loan officers were gone for the day. I pick up my car tomorrow so I want to make sure everything is complete.

MyTesla page shows my Tesla is fully paid although it did say that before I even began the loan paperwork.

I think you're good to go. I went with Alliant as well. Signed all paperwork, agreed on the monthly due date, and already received my first statement. Just don't have the car yet.

The last thing I got from Alliant before delivery was the second email from DocuSign saying all the required documents had been completed. I was actually pretty worried about this too, so I sent an email back to the loan officer to confirm everything was good (never heard back,) and talked to my DS about it (he said he'd check in to it, then later confirmed we were ready for delivery the next day without specifically mentioning the loan.) I had no problems on delivery day.

• Informative
Reactions: Buddy
My Tesla starter kit is ready!

Attachments

• 20160903_090455.jpg
    20160903_090455.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 83
"*****" being picked up at 2:00pm. I'm having an internal argument with myself about showing up hours early.

I appreciate your positivity @NikeWings it helped calm me down a bit.
Pay it forward and hang around this thread from time to time to help the Q4 buyers out, before moving on. Remind your other self that the cars are sequenced and all dolled up for each owner's arrival, and hours early arrival may deny self of the full experience and maybe mess up someone else's grand moment too.

Woo hoo big day big grins face hurts........post some pics of whatz-her-name when you can!

Reactions: Buddy
The Model S has three problems that contribute to this result:

1. It is very heavy at 2108 kg.
2. Regen is limited to 60 kW.
3. Regen is fixed at 0.15 g max and cannot be increased by applying the brake, even when not power limited.

So these three together affect the city rating negatively on the test cycle. If, however, you drive defensively and anticipate stops so that you never use friction brakes above 10 km/h, you will do MUCH better than the city rating.

On the other side of the coin, the low drag coefficient helps the highway cycle which does not include as many stops.
Hello J in MN
SPACIALY THANKS FOR YOUR NICE POST AND 3KIND OF REAL PROBLEM

I am so excited. I just pulled the trigger on a Blue S60 with Autopilot and Tan NexGen seats. I guess I bought a new one that someone canceled in TX and they are driving it out here to CA at the end of the week.

The guy said If I knew anyone I could use their code to help them? Not sure what the code does though.

I am still a model 3 reservation holder, but I bet this little baby can tie me over till they get all the kinks worked out on the Model 3!

Reactions: fallen888
I am so excited. I just pulled the trigger on a Blue S60 with Autopilot and Tan NexGen seats. I guess I bought a new one that someone canceled in TX and they are driving it out here to CA at the end of the week.

The guy said If I knew anyone I could use their code to help them? Not sure what the code does though.

I am still a model 3 reservation holder, but I bet this little baby can tie me over till they get all the kinks worked out on the Model 3!
Dibs.

You get $1000 off and referer gets points