Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still awaiting production. Does it normally take this long? My DS said he expects it to enter production next week but that late sept-oct delivery date seems favor the later dates.

What stinks is you can't confirm your order any quicker than the week time slot. I was told that they no longer allow you to confirm the order. In any case, I feel like this is odd because I would have thought they'd really try to push out their deliveries for Q3 while they try to attain additional funding.

As Tesla matures (daily?) - the end of quarter push (that Elon said they wouldn't be doing anymore - but are doing) - will become less important. In terms of expense management, they have started using train for east-coast shipping with truck from Birmingham, AL rather than truck from CA. If enough cars are going to Pennsylvania where you are, maybe they will do some trucks to end the quarter. You probably will see it by 9/30. They offered early confirm for some people in California if they promised to take delivery in Q3. But not nationally. Good luck, you'll probably see it sooner than you think.

I know my baby was off the train in Birmingham, Alabama on Monday or Tuesday of this week and waiting for truck pickup.

I've been told Monday (9/5) for delivery, that's a holiday and SC will be closed. So I'm expecting/hoping Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

I also requested priority prep service after SC receives car. Told them I had a rental I needed to get rid of ASAP. They seemed receptive to the request, so hopefully I won't need to wait a couple of days after truck delivers it.

@fallen888, Great, Hope it gets delivered early.

Reactions: fallen888
It took roughly the length of the walk from the front of the Tyco Road storefront to the back, where they walk you in to the "new owners" area for it to set in; about that same length of time for me to forget the longer than usual production, the questions about AP2, or harness, or anything else.

It's here and I love it, and it's beautiful.

rVfS8Dl.png

igpavPY.png

qIQChKE.png

8sZMI9h.png

More pictures when we get home (got work for another couple hours, feh) and/or when it's not as rainy out.

It took roughly the length of the walk from the front of the Tyco Road storefront to the back, where they walk you in to the "new owners" area for it to set in; about that same length of time for me to forget the longer than usual production, the questions about AP2, or harness, or anything else.

It's here and I love it, and it's beautiful.

rVfS8Dl.png

igpavPY.png

qIQChKE.png

8sZMI9h.png

More pictures when we get home (got work for another couple hours, feh) and/or when it's not as rainy out.

She's a beauty!!!! Can you get some pictures of the front and back floor mat areas too?

Received final MVPA today. 2 days prior to pickup for people who like to know others timelines.

I am trading in a vehicle with Tesla (they matched CARMAX's offer) and I also got the confirmed trade in offer today.

I made my final payment and my delivery checklist all shows complete. It does show the loan complete even though it isn't.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
Got a call from Fremont this afternoon, asking if I might consider taking my "beautifully designed" Tesla by the end of the month. Was offered the $1,200 discount if I did so. We have until tomorrow to decide, not sure what we'll do. Would be a bit of a cash crunch to take it early and would be more likely to miss out on AP 2.0.

I ordered mine back in April and requested a September delivery. My window has been narrowed to the 5th to the 19th. It began it's journey to the east coast (Charlotte, NC resident here) on the 18th of August, so presumably it's been on the truck for just about two weeks. I was hoping to get it early but oh well...next week is right around the corner, and with a long weekend.

Oddly, I never got an e-mail when it entered production or when it left for delivery.