Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another phone call from Tesla today regarding my 60D order. This time it was to let me know that they have an inventory car that is identical to my order except for the seats, would I like to take delivery now instead of waiting? They really are pushing this quarter hard. (I said no.)
VERY interesting. Did they offer you a discount? You said another call. Did they try this before?

VERY interesting. Did they offer you a discount? You said another call. Did they try this before?

Last week they offered to move my delivery up to end of September, and would waive the deliver fee ($1,200) if I would do so. We have multiple VW diesels waiting to be sold back to VW before we can take delivery of the S so we passed on that offer too. I didn't ask how much the inventory car was.

Last week they offered to move my delivery up to end of September, and would waive the deliver fee ($1,200) if I would do so. We have multiple VW diesels waiting to be sold back to VW before we can take delivery of the S so we passed on that offer too. I didn't ask how much the inventory car was.
If you don't mind what are your details. Delivery date and so on. Did you pick a certain delivery date or ASAP?

Funny how some people are begging for earlier delivery and some are offered a discount. Goes against there no negotiation strategy.

Who offered you discount. OA, DS, or someone from Tesla directly?

If you don't mind what are your details. Delivery date and so on. Did you pick a certain delivery date or ASAP?

Funny how some people are begging for earlier delivery and some are offered a discount. Goes against there no negotiation strategy.

My requested delivery month is November, and my order page currently shows an expected delivery window of November-Early December. Configuration info in my signature.

Who offered you discount. OA, DS, or someone from Tesla directly?

Both calls were a Fremont phone number. Different folks each time.

Sorry for the triple post, but DS just replied and said they might get it driver we before end of sept. This q 3 thing is serious. Just hope they don't rush anything or opt to put any new items in there to max out speed of production.

Should I be worried that my car went into Transit without a message from my DS? I feel like I'm an after thought but he hasn't communicated with me during production or in transit. It's only been in transit for a few days and I know he's on vacation but I would hope someone else would pick up the slack.

Should I be worried that my car went into Transit without a message from my DS? I feel like I'm an after thought but he hasn't communicated with me during production or in transit. It's only been in transit for a few days and I know he's on vacation but I would hope someone else would pick up the slack.
Browsing the delivery spreadsheet - there are three (3) deliveries this quarter (so far) documented in PA - 14, 18, and 21 days from the end of production. I not sure how accurate that data may be, but hopefully you'll get yours by the end of the month!

My requested delivery month is November, and my order page currently shows an expected delivery window of November-Early December. Configuration info in my signature.

Both calls were a Fremont phone number. Different folks each time.

Keep playing hard to get... by Sep 29 they'll be offering you free Premium Sound and all the bluetooth key fobs you can carry! :)

Keep playing hard to get... by Sep 29 they'll be offering you free Premium Sound and all the bluetooth key fobs you can carry! :)
I honesty wonder if I threatened to walk about from my deposit/cancel if they would offer any "incentive" to accept delivery. Cheating? Maybe
Would it work? Probably not. But they would take at least a $2500 hit dealing with and moving my inventory car + whatever discount.

Took delivery of Elmo this afternoon! I love it.

full

Some more pics here: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/media/albums/elmo.723/

Will post some details on my delivery experience later.