Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like you're on the same train as TessyGirl. Based on the two of you, I think rail transit time is down to about a week now. With a day of prep + truck (same day in NJ)

Same as you, part of the reason I've been following your order so much. I would expect our deliveries to be on the same train and truck. As of now, I think the train East leaves every Saturday, which puts us closer to Dec 22 than Jan 5.
Fantastic news.

S60 Silver, Next Gen, Pano, EAP, 19's -

Ordered 10/17 - Confirmed 10/24 -
Production 11/29 - complete 12/1 -
pickup 12/7 : ) Van Nuys CA

Now phase 2 fun begins - Planning right after pickup - Window Tinting (Suntek), cQuartz, Powder Coat Rims Black, and anything else I can think of (coat hooks, car cover) to keep my mind occupied while I wait!

From the forums (Forums kick ass - thank you TMC people) I found:

Mr. Chrome - Ron - POWDER COAT RIMS
11634 Vanowen Street
North Hollywood CA. 91605
Phone: +1-800-548-5795
Email: [email protected]

Anthony Alvarado - Jason - WINDOW TINT and CAR SEAL
Mighty Fine Auto Detailing
Quality Auto Detailing in Los Angeles
(213) 700-9519

Enjoy!

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
It's my first post! :D Long time listener, first time caller. I can't explain how excited I am. Oh wait, y'all already know! I've been wanting a Tesla for years, but started actually saving when I saw the Model S reveal in 2012. Fast-forward 4.5 years and here we are!

I confirmed on 11/16 with ultra white seats and all-glass (non-pano) roof, and just got the production started email this morning at 4:38am (?!). I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me emailing my DS yesterday asking for an update...

I noticed the dashboard now says "December - Early January." Yesterday it said "Late December- Early January." I wonder if that means anything. Curious that it got more vague. Doubly curious that it got more vague in a way that implies the possibility of earlier in December, not only "Late December."

I'm hoping the all-glass roof doesn't delay things too much, since I think we all know about Tesla's QA problems with making new stuff. I'd think the ultra white seats would be mostly worked out from being in the X and P100D already, but who knows...

Also, it seems like folks who ordered and confirmed even in October have the same "Late December - Early January" date. I'm sure it's been (over-)analyzed around here, and has there been any consensus about why that is?

Reactions: Turing and ZAKEEUS
I confirmed on 11/16 with ultra white seats and all-glass (non-pano) roof, and just got the production started email this morning at 4:38am (?!). I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me emailing my DS yesterday asking for an update...

I noticed the dashboard now says "December - Early January." Yesterday it said "Late December- Early January." I wonder if that means anything. Curious that it got more vague. Doubly curious that it got more vague in a way that implies the possibility of earlier in December, not only "Late December."

Also, it seems like folks who ordered and confirmed even in October have the same "Late December - Early January" date. I'm sure it's been (over-)analyzed around here, and has there been any consensus about why that is?

You're right; mine changed to "December - Early January," too. I confirmed on 11/12, and my DS said it should be here by 12/25 (in Seattle), but since we'll be out of town from 12/25-1/1, it is likely we'll miss it. In that case, they are willing to close before we leave if we want the tax break this year. That's probably what we'll do since we won't be able to play with our new toy for a whole week even if it comes in. :(

He also said ours should go into manufacturing next week (this week, now).

It feels like all the updates (emails or the "my Tesla" page) are happening at nights (or early morning for east coast).

Anybody saw any updates happening during the day?

Similar to Chris30269, this is my first post...and it is because after the 679th refresh of the My Tesla page since I confirmed on Nov 20, this afternoon the page now states that my car is in production! As with all of you, I've done my happy dance - it was an extended one and my kids have backed away slowly - and will now begin the next phase of page refreshing. ;)

I still haven't received a confirmation email that my car is in production, however. I'll update the thread when it comes in...and I'll probably use this as an excuse to ping my DS for any news he might be able to share. The timeline hasn't changed on my page...still Late December - January.

I ordered a red S60D with glass roof, black next gen seats, enhanced AP, premium upgrade and subzero. I'm not sure how many Canadians are on this forum but hopefully my Toronto delivery will be tied to those shipments heading to northeast USA - I'm looking at you, Maximapolak!! I'm thrilled to be (hopefully soon) joining you all in this amazing family of Tesla owners.

Confirmed 11/16 night (VIN 11/17 morning) and been refreshing My Tesla multiple times a day since ;).

I almost couldn't believe my eyes late last night (12/3) when I logged in to My Tesla on my phone and it said "Your Tesla is in production." I'm so used to it saying "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue." I had to refresh the page multiple times and get desktop version to confirm I was sane and NOT seeing the word "queue" :D.

Anyway, I'm surprised (and not even sure I believe it), since I live in California (expected I was super low priority). I'm excited and hoping my DS can confirm this on Monday (since I haven't gotten any emails yet). I was originally told "before Christmas" but it sounds like before 12/20 could be possible now :cool:

Edit: My DS reached out me literally 5mins after I posted this confirming my Model S is in production :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ZAKEEUS
My car still says in production since 11/22. This is getting ridiculous. Tons of other cars that ordered after me have finished production and some have been delivered. Really pissing me off.
I'm from Georgia also. My car went into production on 11/11. It was finally completed this past Friday,12/2. Thats 3 full week in production. My DS sent me an email saying he believes it was a website glitch and the car wasn't actually in production that entire time. Supposedly it's in transit to Decatur now.

Reactions: TaoJones
I'm from Georgia also. My car went into production on 11/11. It was finally completed this past Friday,12/2. Thats 3 full week in production. My DS sent me an email saying he believes it was a website glitch and the car wasn't actually in production that entire time. Supposedly it's in transit to Decatur now.

My DS told me the car was going into production on 11/18 and he told me on Friday it was still in production, so unfortunately I don't think mine is a website glitch.