Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the next batch of central (ATL) and even some West Coast cars (Oregon, San Diego) are going into production this week.

I'm a 11/16 VIN in CA and am hopeful this week all of CA will go into production! Seems that way with how things are going, although my DS did say 12/12.

I'm a little pissed that cars that were confirmed with VIN dates a week or more after me are already done with production and mine hasn't even entered production. DS said today. If it doesn't enter production today and exist by the 7th, they'd better give me something better than an umbrella (Especially since I got nothing upon placing or confirming order). Tesla really needs to be a better job with this. Customers are left in the dark and it seems like it isn't a first come first serve but rather a first come whenever served kind of model.

I'm a little pissed that cars that were confirmed with VIN dates a week or more after me are already done with production and mine hasn't even entered production. DS said today. If it doesn't enter production today and exist by the 7th, they'd better give me something better than an umbrella (Especially since I got nothing upon placing or confirming order). Tesla really needs to be a better job with this. Customers are left in the dark and it seems like it isn't a first come first serve but rather a first come whenever served kind of model.

Agreed completely on their comms being substandard. That said, dates are probably down to options selected and geographic location.

Well, what I don't like is that my DS said they process orders on a first come first served basis and that's clearly not the case. Why lie? Why not explain that it was also based on other factors? When I pointed out this thread, he said everyone was basically not telling the truth. Why would people lie about when their cars are produced? It just seemed off putting. I understand I will have my car, it will likely come before 2017 as I requested. I just don't like the feeling like they can pull the wool over my eyes and it will be all ok. This isn't the 1980s. We can all communicate easily and figure out what's a lie.

Well, what I don't like is that my DS said they process orders on a first come first served basis and that's clearly not the case. Why lie? Why not explain that it was also based on other factors? When I pointed out this thread, he said everyone was basically not telling the truth. Why would people lie about when their cars are produced? It just seemed off putting. I understand I will have my car, it will likely come before 2017 as I requested. I just don't like the feeling like they can pull the wool over my eyes and it will be all ok. This isn't the 1980s. We can all communicate easily and figure out what's a lie.

They do go mostly by first come first serve, but if they have to build a few more cars to fill the train going out east, they will do that first, of course.

Why prioritize the east coast? If they placed their order after me it means they took a risk they wouldn't get it? I don't understand. The east coast DSs should be telling their people to place an order by 11/10 to ensure 2016 delivery and not allowing them to dawdle and still get it before me.

Hanlon's razor - Wikipedia : Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

It's possible your DS just doesn't know how things really work.

Why prioritize the east coast? If they placed their order after me it means they took a risk they wouldn't get it? I don't understand. The east coast DSs should be telling their people to place an order by 11/10 to ensure 2016 delivery and not allowing them to dawdle and still get it before me.
No one said they're prioritizing, but they're not going to send a half full train or have it wait for cars if they can fill it ASAP.

Reactions: wesley888
Just for reference for those of you still waiting...I have a MS60 ordered on 10/26, confirmed and VIN on 11/3, and still waiting to go into Production. I'm in AZ. I am hopeful of going into production at the end of the week, at least according to what the DS and our shared Google Sheet are predicting.

This DS has delivered hundreds of Teslas. I think he knows what is going on and he's a nice guy. He's clearly not stupid. Its more that they are trying to keep me happy by telling me generally true things while mucking up the specifics.

Clearly some regions are being prioritized and the West Coast is being de-prioritized. To customers, this isn't a game of deliver by end of 2016. It should be a game of delivering cars in the order they were placed.

People have placed orders in October in the West Coast and are watching east coast people who placed orders less than a month ago receive their cars while they just wait. If people placed their orders later, they should get their cars later. Its not rocket science. It should be the OA's job to ensure people understand the consequences of delaying an order vs. getting the order in before a production deadline. After the order is placed the DS should clarify delivery timelines and continue to keep future owner's apprised if that timeline changes.

I don't mind waiting for California orders to get fulfilled because they got their act together before I did. Its only fair.

This DS has delivered hundreds of Teslas. I think he knows what is going on and he's a nice guy. He's clearly not stupid. Its more that they are trying to keep me happy by telling me generally true things while mucking up the specifics.

Clearly some regions are being prioritized and the West Coast is being de-prioritized. To customers, this isn't a game of deliver by end of 2016. It should be a game of delivering cars in the order they were placed.

People have placed orders in October in the West Coast and are watching east coast people who placed orders less than a month ago receive their cars while they just wait. If people placed their orders later, they should get their cars later. Its not rocket science. It should be the OA's job to ensure people understand the consequences of delaying an order vs. getting the order in before a production deadline. After the order is placed the DS should clarify delivery timelines and continue to keep future owner's apprised if that timeline changes.

I don't mind waiting for California orders to get fulfilled because they got their act together before I did. Its only fair.

It's a game of delivering as much cars before year end.... and you will get updates soon enough as within a week they can no longer start production for east coast & think they can deliver them before year end....

Waiting from October to December is not terrible; if I order a custom Audi or BMW here in Europe it takes easily 3 months to deliver.....