Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dashboard also has 6 tasks.
And there is a new step for me this morning "Request Final Paperwork"

I had to click the big red button and then check all the boxes.
(I downloaded a pic, but the step is complete)

FWIW My #6 step is confirming the trade in offer for my Lexus. (I have their verbal offer from last month, but Their final offer is still in preparation)

Interestingly, I've never received an update email.
I know they have my email because they email me. But I've never gotten a "your car is in xxx" or other automated email

Last edited:
Mine also shows nothing. Initially when MyTesla updated last night, it said "Your Tesla is currently in production" below "What's Next?" It changed this morning to blank and they added a "step" to complete but it is not apparent what that step is (4/5 steps complete). I previously had 9/10 steps complete (only delivery was remaining). My delivery estimate changed from December-Early January to Late December-January. No specifics. Been in production for 5 days.

Confirmed 11/15. VIN 11/15. Production 12/5 (late at night). Email 12/6.
Mine shows nothing at all now too. Went from old style in the queue. To new style saying confirmed for production. And now new style with nothing at all.

Interestingly
BEFORE I hit the "Request Final Paperwork" button, my Dashboard said "What's Next: Your car is in production "
AFTER I completed that step, my Dashboard turned blank under what's next (you can see it in my pic above)

Not sure if doing this step means I have nothing to do?
Or maybe Tesla is tweaking Dashboard as we speak, blanking our What's Next boxes

I do agree... seems like their UI an communication could be improved

That said, I'm a pretty happy guy this morning.
Maybe the mystery of what's going on is part of the experience?
Keeps us interested, refreshing our Dashboard, and gives us all stuff to talk about

Imagine if everything was going smoothly and transparently! We'd all be bored!

Interestingly
BEFORE I hit the "Request Final Paperwork" button, my Dashboard said "What's Next: Your car is in production "
AFTER I completed that step, my Dashboard turned blank under what's next (you can see it in my pic above)

Not sure if doing this step means I have nothing to do?
Or maybe Tesla is tweaking Dashboard as we speak, blanking our What's Next boxes

I do agree... seems like their UI an communication could be improved

That said, I'm a pretty happy guy this morning.
Maybe the mystery of what's going on is part of the experience?
Keeps us interested, refreshing our Dashboard, and gives us all stuff to talk about

Imagine if everything was going smoothly and transparently! We'd all be bored!
Awesome way to look at it. I was more like "Arghh!" :)

Hope car arrives soon before I get carried away !!

Attachments

• IMG_0769 2.JPG
    IMG_0769 2.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 83
My god. I was so ashamed to show my ghetto garage after seeing norm's setup.

My poor Tesla will be so sad if she ever saw that!!'

I'm on day 3 of trying to make my garage Tesla worthy! Never going to compare to that setup though. I hope these cars don't get too smart, they might all self drive to the garages of people with atheistic and organizational skills.

Mine also shows nothing but I've never seen the in production message. I've been watching your car quite closely since I'm also taking delivery in SLC.

I see you placed your order a month after mine. I hope you will get your car this year. It's really frustrating to see everyone else's car getting delivered. I had to visit the showroom and do test drive once a month to ease my anxiety. :p