Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email from my DS: "Your Tesla has completed production and is just waiting final inspection before it can be shipped down to San Diego. Sometimes this inspection only takes 1 day and sometimes it can take a week. As soon as I see it has cleared the inspection and is ready to ship, I will let you know.". That accounts to why there seems to be a variation of production to completion time. Personally I hope they take their time with the inspection to make sure they get it right before shipping it off!

Reactions: SMAlset
Just got an email from my DS: "Your Tesla has completed production and is just waiting final inspection before it can be shipped down to San Diego. Sometimes this inspection only takes 1 day and sometimes it can take a week. As soon as I see it has cleared the inspection and is ready to ship, I will let you know.". That accounts to why there seems to be a variation of production to completion time. Personally I hope they take their time with the inspection to make sure they get it right before shipping it off!

If you read this board enough, you'd be convinced there's no such thing as an inspection at Tesla. :D

If you read this board enough, you'd be convinced there's no such thing as an inspection at Tesla. :D
A girl can hope, right? Not sure if a long period of inspection is good or bad? I think we can all turn ourselves into knots if we let it with the anticipation. I'd rather try not to think to much about all the potential issues and hope that we have a good delivery and our car doesn't haven't too many issues.

I specifically ask my DS to contact QC to complete additional check/inspection. Especially after reading all these threads:
Another bad SP100D delivery experience
Wind noise in full glass roof new Model S

Judging from the recent flurry of posts here and my own situation, it seems that my surmise about the Stork truck filled with the baby Teslas soon headed for So Cal may have some substance after all. I too finally heard some good news from my DS. I'll most likely see the newborn next week. My Tesla page has now fallen behind in the news.

Time to start cramming for the pickup!! :)

Time to start cramming for the pickup!! :)

Today I went to print the Model S "Operating Model S" (the 15 page summary manual) on the office color printer. About 15 minutes later, someone asked me if I was printing a huge job to the color printer as I accidentally sent the manual and it was on page 99! A lot of toner! I think I will go ahead and print the rest and put it in a binder.

• Funny
Reactions: Pollux and SMAlset
"Ciara" (tentative name) left Fremont today, after passing QC and Inspection. . . Finalized loan today when I got the news- applying and getting accepted in a couple hours through Tesla by US bank. . . (1.99 pct is still available), so just wating on insurance certificate and I'm done. . . Just going to be counting sheep for 10 days. . . . Process has been a breeze thus far.

Website suggested walkthrough videos which were high level but deep enough to operate the features effectively. . . Guess I could read the manual. . .I am one of those. "Manual reader" types.

Today I went to print the Model S "Operating Model S" (the 15 page summary manual) on the office color printer. About 15 minutes later, someone asked me if I was printing a huge job to the color printer as I accidentally sent the manual and it was on page 99! A lot of toner! I think I will go ahead and print the rest and put it in a binder.

I already printed out (on my own color laser printer) the full owner's manual plus some other stuff and had the lot spiral bound at Fedex. Staples or other printing and reproduction facility will also do this for 5 or so dollars. I figure a $100K + expenditure deserve a little bit of toner sacrifice and I like to have something that I can leaf through and mark up.

Reactions: Pollux and dhrivnak
My car is ready! Woke up to see this email:

Hello Bruce,

Production is complete and your Tesla is being prepared for transit to your Delivery Center . We estimate that your vehicle will be ready for delivery between March 15, 2017 to March 29, 2017.

Last night before I went to bed the car was still in production per My Tesla which is now updated!

I would say the early date is a bit optimistic but I'd be ready!

Now to prepare my checklist for the inspection!

Hello Bruce,

Production is complete and your Tesla is being prepared for transit to your Delivery Center . We estimate that your vehicle will be ready for delivery between March 15, 2017 to March 29, 2017.

Last night before I went to bed the car was still in production per My Tesla which is now updated!

Same with me! Woke up with the same email. My delivery window is now March 14-28!

Hello Bruce,

Very nice! After seemingly interminable weeks of no movement, things are finally happening! Any day now.

I suspect that there is a stork truck with sextuplets (or whatever) heading down to San Diego, depositing its young ones along the way at the appropriate delivery centers. If so they must all have been delivered already since I got my 'in transit' notice since Thursday and it doesn't take that long to drive from Fremont to SD. So they must be in the perp stage for pickup at this time. I'm expecting a call from my DS tomorrow.

So get your check books out!!

Reactions: avesraggiana