Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW! I'm driving north from AZ and got word that my P-83 is ready...TODAY! So diverting to Fremont. Yowser! And these Tesla guys have been great.

Wow, that's crazy. How do you plan to drive 2 cars though?

We have the exact same config! It's good to know exactly what my car will look like. When you get it be sure to post up nice high-res photos so I can put it on my desktop and dream :)

That config does indeed look nice. It's funny, but it's exactly what I expect a doctor to be driving. Go Evan!

Just after midnight last night, I received an email telling me that my car is finished and ready for delivery. No date range, no magic button. It did say that a member of the Delivery Team would contact me tomorrow to begin the process to complete paperwork and arrange final payment. Hopefully I'll get that second email today. I suppose it's also possible I'm still asleep and dreaming this.

#P983, VIN 1527, P85, Lacewood, 19" wheels

Edit: How long should it take to get the car on the truck and up to Seattle?

Last edited:
heh, you tellin me it's 21" wheels that are holding up deliveries?? the only common denom in this new spate of out of order deliveries is 19" wheels... lol.

a hearty congrats guys! i can't tell if i'd rather be slowly building expectations for my number to come up, or live on daily pins and needles because it could happen at any moment... seems like i'm gonna get the latter.

bad for the heart!! lol.

Just after midnight last night, I received an email telling me that my car is finished and ready for delivery. No date range, no magic button. It did say that a member of the Delivery Team would contact me tomorrow to begin the process to complete paperwork and arrange final payment. Hopefully I'll get that second email today. I suppose it's also possible I'm still asleep and dreaming this.

#P983, VIN 1527, P85, Lacewood, 19" wheels

Edit: How long should it take to get the car on the truck and up to Seattle?

Be prepared. When I got the phone call they asked, "Are you available at 1:00?" :D

I heard that my car was in transit on a Saturday and unloaded in the middle of the night Wednesday in Seattle.

Since there has been speculation on performance, 21" wheel and potential carbon fiber delays. R#113 got vin xxxx1387. Grey Performance, Carbon Fiber, 21" grey, black interior. Car is being assembled. Delivery window provided on Monday was Dec 4-18th and per conversation with Tesla tonight relayed that if all goes well it will be picked up in Fremont end of next week beginning of the following week. June 09 deposit....wait almost over.

Since there has been speculation on performance, 21" wheel and potential carbon fiber delays. R#113 got vin xxxx1387. Grey Performance, Carbon Fiber, 21" grey, black interior. Car is being assembled. Delivery window provided on Monday was Dec 4-18th and per conversation with Tesla tonight relayed that if all goes well it will be picked up in Fremont end of next week beginning of the following week. June 09 deposit....wait almost over.

My take on this is that we could all drive ourselves nuts trying to figure out which arts are in short supply or we could accept that cars are going to be batched in some way that we'll never be able to divine but that probably makes sense or is a result of pretty mundane factors. I'm just going to sit back and revel in the idea that Tesla has managed to ramp up production.