Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a bad idea. Except how do we know whats being built or which inventory model is newer than other (VIN is unreliable right cuz the order of VIN is based on time of order and not time of production)?

If they put the car in your MyTesla to swap for your new order, perhaps you can select the car and then view the source to see what options are present for it? They did that for me when they were trying to get me to accept the NI car but at that time I didn't know how to look at the options so I'm not sure if that works. If there is any way within Tesla's system to use the VIN to view the car the same way their new and used inventory system works, that might also work....

Of course you could also just ask your DS or OA what option codes the car has... I saved all my option codes when my car was confirmed and check every once in a while, which is how I found out that the AP option changed from APH2 to APH3 recently...

For me, I wanted the car to have the latest AP hardware, so I was willing to buy new vs used. I have tried AP1 in TACC and lane keeping modes and despite some issues, feel it's good enough under specific conditions. Having said that, I chose NOT to enable EAP yet due to the many issues reported. I will have to pay $6k instead of $5k later, but I feel it's a worthwhile gamble and hope that the basic AP pricing will drop in the future. Time will tell if I gambled correctly....

EAP works fine for me and most others. you'll see more complaining online because people are more likely to complain about something not working then report something is working as it should be. confirmation bias. 13,000 miles on my car since april, so i've been through all iterations of AP2.0 so far and i've honestly never had any issues.

I really would prefer to wait for my own if I can get the 0.99% financing. God knows which DS is correct about 0.99%, till EoY or EoQ?
Did you order at a dealer? Or just order it online from home? I made a point to go in and order it at a dealership so I would have a salesperson to discuss with. When I got my credit approval it showed .99 and I made a big deal about it, so she called finance and while she was trying to get a game plan together on what happens after 10/1 she got a mail stating that the .99% was extended but they couldn't disclose as they wanted to drive this quarter revenue. You might go talk to someone at your local dealership and see what they tell you.

• Helpful
Reactions: redy
Did you order at a dealer? Or just order it online from home? I made a point to go in and order it at a dealership so I would have a salesperson to discuss with. When I got my credit approval it showed .99 and I made a big deal about it, so she called finance and while she was trying to get a game plan together on what happens after 10/1 she got a mail stating that the .99% was extended but they couldn't disclose as they wanted to drive this quarter revenue. You might go talk to someone at your local dealership and see what they tell you.

Small nitpick: Tesla doesn't have dealerships. They have showrooms and/or service centers.

EAP works fine for me and most others. you'll see more complaining online because people are more likely to complain about something not working then report something is working as it should be. confirmation bias. 13,000 miles on my car since april, so i've been through all iterations of AP2.0 so far and i've honestly never had any issues.

I think a lot depends on your expectations. At this point in time, I have no desire for a FSD car, but find some of the features of AP1 desirable. I tested those AP1 features on an extended rental and found it desirable and acceptable in performance. On EAP/AP2, I don't doubt your positive experiences, but the sheer number of negative experiences about sudden braking, etc on the forum makes me unwilling to pay for it now. I have no doubt the software will improve over time (hence my desire to buy a car with latest AP hw) and that I will eventually pony up for the upgrade, it's just a matter of when. I am also gambling that Tesla might split up basic functions such Autosteer and TACC from the more advanced features (whatever they might end up being) and price it accordingly. Time will tell...

Not a bad idea. Except how do we know whats being built or which inventory model is newer than other (VIN is unreliable right cuz the order of VIN is based on time of order and not time of production)?

They have access to spec sheets from the factory I'm assuming since when I made the swap and my page got updated, I saw the spec sheet and it was exactly as my order.

All I know is that when I got the call about the NI car at the factory, my original order was "in production" for about 2 days (based on the status on the my tesla page) and this car was just being finished as I got the call. My original Order was confirmed August 1st.

Granted perhaps mine was an easy find because I ordered black on black with carbon fiber decor (pretty common color, black that is). I'm sure it would be more difficult to find a NI if you got say like a Silver with Cream interior, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: redy

Ordered it from home.

Hopefully you are right about extending beyond Sep 30th.

They have access to spec sheets from the factory I'm assuming since when I made the swap and my page got updated, I saw the spec sheet and it was exactly as my order.

All I know is that when I got the call about the NI car at the factory, my original order was "in production" for about 2 days (based on the status on the my tesla page) and this car was just being finished as I got the call. My original Order was confirmed August 1st.

Granted perhaps mine was an easy find because I ordered black on black with carbon fiber decor (pretty common color, black that is). I'm sure it would be more difficult to find a NI if you got say like a Silver with Cream interior, etc.

Will look into it with my OA.

Reactions: Bebop
What region do you live in? Seems like they're timing production to account for transport times to maximize deliveries before the end of September. Location seems to be more important than when the order was placed/confirmed. My car for delivery to the midwest is supposedly scheduled to start production the week of Sept 11 and if all goes well be here by the end of the month. I'm skeptical but I wouldn't give up hope quite yet....

Interesting. Did not know about production being more dependent on location than timing.

We shall see I guess.

Did you order EAP and self driving, or just EAP? Mine is in production as of yesterday and is still identified as having AP2.

Here's a twist- my DS replied to me today saying I would be getting HW2.5 (at the same time down playing it's significance) and in the same message confirmed that my option code was APH2. I ordered a 75D with premium upgrades, EAP and FSD. Confirmed 8/21. Has anyone been able to confirm for certain what APH3 actually translates into on the car?