Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
part of Teslanxiety, you will spend a lot of time here on this site reading old and new threads, watching the countless videos, and check your Tesla Page a MINIMUM of 10 times a day to see if it has been updated....

and when you take delivery, you will spend a few days in your garage in your car, even late at night, and forget about this site for a few weeks then you will be back and be a regular here lol

Just remember your not alone

part of Teslanxiety, you will spend a lot of time here on this site reading old and new threads, watching the countless videos, and check your Tesla Page a MINIMUM of 10 times a day to see if it has been updated....

and when you take delivery, you will spend a few days in your garage in your car, even late at night, and forget about this site for a few weeks then you will be back and be a regular here lol

Just remember your not alone

That is precisely what is happening with me right now. I check with my DS literally every day, and am hungry for every tiny bit of info possible.
Still nothing new since I confirmed my order 2 full days ago. I guess my DS will have to hear from me again tomorrow.

My DS actually emailed something interesting to me in response to the daily harassment email. She said that when there was new information, she would let me know about it. Additionally she said that for the next few days she's going to be in Fremont and could ask around for a status update. Does anyone know if it's a regular thing for a DS to be visiting the manufacturing plant in Fremont? And if so, what if anything can they find out or do on my behalf to speed up the process?

Okay so here is what my DS got back to me with....

Any orders finalized by November 12th are scheduled to be delivered by years end. According to her, this is the case even for customers on the east coast. There are areas of the country that can go even later than November 12th and still have their vehicles delivered before years end.

My DS is at the plant in Fremont and promised me that my car would be delivered before year's end. That has done very little to ease my anxiety but it's better than nothing.

MS75D confirmed 10/27 DS said last week car scheduled for delivery by 12/1 Rocklin, CA so pretty much just over 2 months which seems to be the norm - takes a while longer at the beginning of a quarter and slightly less to close a quarter. I figure I will get my car right around Thanksgiving

MS75D confirmed 10/27 DS said last week car scheduled for delivery by 12/1 Rocklin, CA so pretty much just over 2 months which seems to be the norm - takes a while longer at the beginning of a quarter and slightly less to close a quarter. I figure I will get my car right around Thanksgiving

Again, they had people ordering first week of September and getting car before October 1.

Congrats on the new Tesla... just curious if something in your statement is a typo. How does 10/27 confirmation to 12/1 delivery equate to: "just over 2 months seems to be the norm"?"

Well I always knew the Tesla page is very slow to update, so was my DS, I just found out my car completed production days before .... my DS told me it was IN production. Which would put it just about 3 weeks after VIN was issued. And 4 weeks to end of production, unfortunately Iam in Hawaii so I still won’t see it for at least 2 more weeks.... so, currently the Tesla page updates is showing the changes a week late.... (for me)

Ordered Oct 9 in Chicago IL. Order confirmed Oct 12. VIN assigned Oct 27 (I believe). Original delivery date was simply "December." Sometime after placing the order, my time frame for delivery shifter from December to December early January 2018 (even though the configurator still indicated December). Around Oct 25, my delivery date shifted to January early February 2018, which was concerning. I reached out to my DS to ask, and he was on vacation. My salesman told me not to worry. I've heard the same thing many of you have... They like to under promise and over deliver. We shall see, I suppose. Anyway, emailed my DS again earlier today, and now he is out training. I'll let you know what I end up hearing back from him when he returns.

I will echo the sentiments of others that indicated this wait is agonizing. I've been following the company for years, always planned to buy one. Even waited in line to reserve a model 3, which I still plan to buy... But this past month has been worse than all of that. Something about finally pulling the trigger that makes the wait that much more difficult. The fluctuating delivery dates are annoying. I have a sneaking suspicion that my car will arrive well before the holidays, but with the tax credit potentially on the chopping block, and resources being diverted to the model 3 bottlenecks, I'm less confident about the arrival date than I was when I ordered it.

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Congrats on the new Tesla... just curious if something in your statement is a typo. How does 10/27 confirmation to 12/1 delivery equate to: "just over 2 months seems to be the norm"?"
My bad confirmed 9/27 depending on when you order you are looking at 45 days to 80 days. Really very good for a custom spec car - Porsche / BMW etc are all longer.

Again, they had people ordering first week of September and getting car before October 1.
Not really if you look at the Google doc from that time they averaged about 45 days- now we don't but it looks like about 50 days. This is way better than what other companies offer for a custom spec car. I have ordered several Porsche's and it takes longer and you get less info.

Awesome and congratulations!

Have you been assigned a VIN number and/or been in touch with your DS regarding a delivery timeline?

Thanks, and same to you! I got my VIN number same day order got confirmed, 5 days after placing it online. My DS (Tiyana) is on vacation, but got this message from Sabino: "We are working to have vehicles ready for delivery before the end of the year...". Really hopes this happens before 12/31, or at least new tax bill gets changed. I'll probably hear from them more later today or tomorrow. Got to get moving on that 220V line for the garage :)

Thanks, and same to you! I got my VIN number same day order got confirmed, 5 days after placing it online. My DS (Tiyana) is on vacation, but got this message from Sabino: "We are working to have vehicles ready for delivery before the end of the year...". Really hopes this happens before 12/31, or at least new tax bill gets changed. I'll probably hear from them more later today or tomorrow. Got to get moving on that 220V line for the garage :)
According to my DS (Cori), orders finalized before November 12th are going to be delivered by years end. According to her, this is the case even for customers on the east coast. So far, it's still too early in the process for them to know exactly when delivery should take place. I'm holding out hope for some more information about a timeline by sometime at the end of next week.

Let me know if you hear anything new